Rainbow Bridge - BOEL Hawaiian

Mimicking the movie that details the Jimi Hendrix show on Maui in 1970, I will be naming the BOEL Hawaiian Hawaiian project ‘Rainbow Bridge’

To me, its the perfect name. For one reason, I love dogs and greatly miss the ones I’ve had.

I put together a quick lil timeline regarding the BOEL operation in Hawaii

October 1966 - California makes LSD illegal. Chemists move to Hawaii to manufacture in peace
By 1967, Hyson, Mundell, and the chemists are breeding cannabis on the islands. They decide Colombian does not work there.

1968, Travis and Ricky go to Kandahar and bring back 80 pounds of hash with seeds.

1968 - BOEL link woth Tim Scully and Nick Sands to be their exclusive distribution

1970 - They buy the ship Aafje and ship sail from Guadalajara to Maui. This shipment was a crop of Mexican x Afghan grown in Mexico. This would come to be Maui Wowie
1970 - BOEL, Sands, and Scully cook up a batch of White Lightning for the show. Hendric plays a show on the slopes of Mt. Haleakala

DEA bust in 1972

Surfs Up n Good Vibes
:v:

42 Likes

Bro if ever you got seed stock I would love to do some time travel :slight_smile: killer genetics with a killer back story :slight_smile: that’s top shelf right there lol

4 Likes

Watching! And in the spirit of Eternal Love, I bless this grow with the headiest of Heady Bear vibes!

4 Likes

So like I’m a 80s baby and I started smoking pot when I was 9 lol I know I’m not bragging but I grew up on story , well legends really lol about BOEL ! Those guys were my unicorns lol ya know? Like they literally made me believe in myself and that anything was possible :slight_smile: that’s good shit I’m definitely here for the duration:) much love and respect

3 Likes

WHAT? Are those from 70´s or what…? Real deal Maui Wowie? Or a repro?

Best of luck anyways.

2 Likes

These are from 68-70

I have F2 and F3 to work with.

I sent some to Kagyu, so Im excited to see him grow them out next year

13 Likes

![Screenshot_20221002-004417|225x500]Screenshot_20221002-004435|225x500

22 Likes

Wow :flushed: , I would love f2 seed stock of that bro that’s killer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @Wuachuma I have a question for you, and I want to tag @arb here because of something he was just saying about having worked with the G13 x Butterscotch Hawaiian with NDNguy: do you think the IBL Hawaiian that C-Ray talks about is the BOEL line?

I realized this was a chance to ask two folks who might know from different sides of the question, hope this isn’t too off topic, and I’m looking forward to hearing both of your thoughts.

3 Likes

Most likely it would be Federation’s line.

Someone, or I, could always ask Reeferman

4 Likes

I have no idea as the story has changed in its telling over time.
Essentially I am of the opinion all of it is unknown bagseed at its start.
People will literally make assumptions based on misinformation and run with it…I only go by the plant,names are useless at best.

5 Likes

Didn’t even know this was the history behind Maui Wowie

I recently got some Cambodian Thai x boel skunk.
Out of the oz I got 4 seeds. All look healthy. I’m saving em n going to pop em eventually. I just got to watch em. But they came from some huge buds so hoping there’s a stable heavy producer in them. It’s like some good old school weed no fancy fruit flavors but it’s a pretty good high.

2 Likes

Ok it is apparently neither Reeferman’s or BOEL :thinking: according to NDN it’s a cross from a guy named Cray:

NDNGuy post with photos in thread
“Butterscotch? anyone familiar with this one?”

“Cray made the Butterscotch Hawiian while with RM,the G13 in the cross is not from RM. The cross was made for med peeps around 5 years ago, just a couple of pollen chucker friends got together on it. Would hardly call it bland or just average, helped alot of med folks for pain and sleep,and the right pheno will kick ya like a mule. Thats what I heard anyway”

5 Likes

Seems pretty skunky…:full_moon_with_face:

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

That BOEL Hawaiian looks very similar to Federations Hawaiian. Nice

4 Likes

I find its also similar to RCCola’s BOEL Oaxacan, which I wanna grab.

4 Likes

Ahhh Very cool , I bred that , The Cambodian Thai is from Big Island collected by R Ha from SE Asia , it go’s by name of JohnnyD’s in Hawaii , The BOEL Skunk Are seeds collected by my dad PreAmsterdam Skunk#1
I used from Male CamThai , to the skunk for the cross
Also used the CamThai pollen on HP13
and few others …

5 Likes

Where did ya get this info?

Mostly from Bobby, including what he published and some PM’s with a couple of those guys like david A

3 Likes