First indoor grow box build in decades

Holy hole in a donut! That’s huge! Dude, you GOT to show me what it looks like in there!

1 Like

Have new lights in it now tho.

8 Likes

Controls under a little flap door

5 Likes

That’s sharp!!! I love it!! Ok mine won’t be as cool but I’m going to do my best. Ok I got the wood ripped to measurement and started screwing some framework together. It’s going to be a slow process with how busy I am but I’ll do my best. I managed to move the counter over flush with cabinets above and got another 8” of room I wasn’t about to move them cabinets. I got enough room.

The fans came in today too! So with 97 c/m each, does that double for running 2 simultaneously? I understand there’s a certain formula for air movement to size of grow space?

1 Like

As long as air is moving around the plants you should be fine. May have to do a little more leaf pulling to help air flow, clean undersides really good.

2 Likes

Got to do a little work finally. Got a good deal done today. All went pretty good, made 2 mis-measurements, on back panel and bottom. No biggie though, the bottom piece I can fill cut gaps with puddy or caulking. I wish I remember the dudes name here, began with R and had an x at the end I believe, I saw his demo on an old grow and the bottom part had 2 panels with a space for air to come in and made a zig zag to lose the lighting, wish I could remember who it was because I’m stealing his idea for the bottom of cabinet intake. Thanks dude that was brilliant!!!

9 Likes

Could it be @ReikoX

5 Likes

Yes, thats who your looking for.

Looking good bro!

1 Like

Thanks shag! I appreciate it. Yes! It was ReikoX where I saw that. Reiko is a freako badass from what I’ve read from his thread.

3 Likes

No problem, I’m gonna do an update to my box. Found these little circle filters I’m gonna put in the lower part of doors. I’m hoping that will help pull in cooler air in.

5 Likes

Another shed grower here… someone mentioned environment… it’s a constant battle of adjusting things. I typically run Sept through May and shut down during the heat of summer. But i will be adding ac this year… hoping humidity wont be too large a fight.

I’d be on the lookout for a 4" inline to exhaust that cabinet, dont believe the muffin fans will be enough.

What part of the country you in… do you see cold winters?

My shed is always a work in progress…

Best of luck!

8 Likes

You said my name three times, I guess I have to appear. :smiling_imp:

Cabinet is looking good so far. I’m in for the rest of the show.

:seat: :popcorn: :movie_camera:

10 Likes

Hey GC! Glad to meet another shed grower! I live in Deep South Mississippi so heat and humidity is intense here! How about you? I was thinking insulation inside box and making a bypass cooler intake, run copper coils through a cooler filled with ice water with 4”vent connected to it going to cabinet. But thoughts and making it are two very different things lol. I’ll probably just end up doing what you are doing and wait out the summers.

1 Like

I bet that would make help with cooling air, especially if you mist it with cold water. As long as it doesn’t affect the air pull??

I have both extremes, heat and cold. Mine are insulated with this stuff from home depot. 4x8 $8

6 Likes

Does that insulation make a noticeable difference? Dang that’s a good price! I wish the plywood was that cheap lol

1 Like

Yes it helps! And its reflective

1 Like

Ok finally got out here to work on it! Newborn, toddler and a mini farm keep you busy. Ok this is where we are at so far! Got the main cab finished, siliconed all the joints to keep airtight and eliminate light leak. Now all I need to do is paint.image|375x500
Appearance of a regular shop shelf:achieved. Even my welding shield hopped up there thinking it’s his new home! Oh contraire, my little light skewing friend, this is not your home! Now boys and girls, this is where the fun begins!

7 Likes

Here’s the intake area. All ready to start putting the fan and air holes in place. Believe it or not I’m having an EXTREMELY hard time deciding where to put the holes and how to mount the fan. I want the fan where it’s easily accessible for replacement/maintenance, so I’m thinking the very bottom since the floor board will be sealed shut. But I also want the fan mounted to underside of floor board so I can connect a hose to the very bottom for cooling options or running intake from another location. Noise reduction is also an important factor leading me to thinking under floorboard enclosed. Thoughts from you pros??

4 Likes