First indoor grow box build in decades

Got the door put on and got the painting out of the way!

I added 2x3 on the door to straighten out plywood, and it fits right inside the cab when door closes with a 1/8” gap all around. I will put that weather foam stripping along the inside so when the door closes it makes a seal along those 2x3’s, with a second set of stripping along the face of the cab where the plywood of the door touches when closed. Should get a full seal with 2 barriers.
Along with the hole drilled in bottom of cab for intake I got the hole drilled through the wall of the shed for the out take.

6 Likes

Its coming along nicely!

1 Like

I’m outside Philadelphia… we get an actual winter up this way compared to southern Miss.

coming along well…

Here’s my seedling/clone cabinet. 4" inline exhausting out top center, passive intake with floor HVAC vents i found at the Depot. I run T5 typically, and it’s a good heat source when exhausting inside in winter.

On your door with seals, i found the adjustable draw latches worked great, sometimes the doors can tweak and i can adjust tension on top or bottom to only pull where needed to close against seal as i desire.

3 Likes

Thanks @ReikoX you like that intake concept?:joy::joy: thanks for the idea. I just randomly came across that thread
@GCBudz im curious about your exhaust, where does yours exit? And do you have one of those smell eliminating filters? I’m wondering what to get and if the little fans I got will even push air through one. That GENIUS about the latches! So you just screw it down to where it will close tight…I’m glad you mentioned that I was just going to put 3 or 4 lock latches and push down real hard on the door to mount so it keeps pressure on door. Yours is better by far.

1 Like

Looking great! I’m in the middle of converting an old wardrobe into a stealth box. Im having to build it in my apartment while kids are at school, so it’s a bit slow going and I haven’t had time to take many pics. Just barely got all of the bridgelux strips screwed down today with the help of the wife before the kids got home from school. Now it’s back on hold til Monday lol. I originally wanted to build something similar to how you are, but just don’t have the space for a full buildup.

1 Like

Dude you have to post a diary! I love seeing how others build their own, I hope you can soon…totally know the feeling about getting it done when time allows it. Hey, it took many years for me to be in the position to build one like this, your time will come too in time :relaxed:

3 Likes

Funny you say that. I started to earlier just to try and give myself a kick in the ass to get it started, but I can’t open the damn draft without the wife deciding I should be doing something else. I’m sneaking this reply in while she does a round of duolingo lol

1 Like

I exhaust the tents outside, the cabinet vents inside till now, just picked up a 4" vent collar to exhaust that outside too. Remember… i dont typically run past may, and the seedling cabinet is done before that so the bit of heat is non existant this time of year.

I just adjust the latches till there is no light leakage coming outside the doors… compress the seal just enough. I dont run a filter on anything but tents that see flowering.

1 Like

Okie dokie. Finally. The day has come. I think it’s safe to say the cab is finished! Got the fans installed and wired.

Got the plug in for the light put in. Got the hole just the right size so light won’t get out and the cord can be slid in and out for adjustments if needed.
Got the exhaust connected and ran over outside
And the cherry on top, got the light reconnected and hung! Oh she’s soooo purdy in her new home!
Here the cab is in her final permanent position with the latches mounted. I’m actually surprised that there’s no light leak from what I can see! I’ll have to turn it on at night time to examine. But all in all I’m very pleased with this box and can’t wait to run some plants through this bad boy!

8 Likes

Looks like it fits right in. :+1::seedling:

1 Like

Looks great! :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

Beautiful build out! Can’t wait to see it in action!

1 Like

Thanks y’all! I’m super stoked about it and can’t wait to try it!! @Floyd those seeds still havent showed up yet but I cracked a couple bag seeds to use for a practice run. With summer coming I have to make sure I got the temps dialed in before I use actual real seeds :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah the mail hasn’t been to fast lately. Hopefully you will get them soon. :grin:

2 Likes

Nice… welcome to the growage club.

Get yourself a cheap temp/humidity meter, fire it up and see what temps are running with varying ambient. Small oscillating fan over the future canopy would help as well.

Will you have say 3’ after subtracting height of container and distance from light?

2 Likes

Well I have 65” from inside bottom to top, I think the highest I can get the light is 6” from the top hanging from wires and not the adjustable rope. That leaves 4’11”. Would a wide and shallow container work? I think I remember something about the depth of container correlates to the plants potential height but I’m not certain. Other dimensions are 37”Wx24”D. Maybe 2 plants tops?

1 Like

Maybe, or maybe one plant nicely trained for multiple colas
:smiley:

3 Likes

Don’t you worry, when the grow starts I will be in dire need of assistance!!! I’m reading up as much as I can here. My old lady keeps telling me I spend too much time on this site​:rofl::joy::rofl:

3 Likes

All caught up, looks great. My wife tells me the same thing brotha.

3 Likes

Pretty sure that’s the wife of every member here lol. She calls yall my “OG’s” and OG is my mistress

3 Likes