First indoor seed run Spirit Train

I was able to get the RH in my tent up to 55%. I had to turn of the fan, add two five gallon buckets half full of water and I added water to the drip tray I was using for the seedlings. I used the foam packaging material that came with my new light to raise the solo cups up out of the water.

13 Likes

Very nice. Nice and clean. 55 not bad. As long as you got airflow. I don’t wanna tell you wrong. When they’re young they need the Rh. I feel the side of my tent. It feels wet that’s way too much. Hot towels and water you can hang them a little bit I’ll see you got a bucket. I have put a little hot plate with some water it only takes a second and you need to turn the hot plate off and unplug it. That’s the help get your RH up. Cheap. I do like that tray. Very beautiful plants got some very nice colors.

3 Likes

Sorry for the lack of updates. I was going to do an update when my little buddy of seventeen years, a chihuahua had a heart attack at the end of January. He passed away February 7th. That happening with the winter blues already hitting me pushed me into an unmotivated mess.

Now for the update. The plants are doing decent. I now have them in 2.5 gallon pots. I will keep them in these pots and flip them in a couple of weeks. I dont think I have room for five gallon pots in a 4x4 with nine plants.

I changed from a 240 watt bar light to a 400 watt bar light. I wasnt paying attention and had the light a little too close and it caused some leaves to turn a lighter green. I have moved the light further away and turned its intensity down. Im am new to tent growing and Im making all the mistakes.

Group shot

This one is the only one with a purple stalk. A few of the others have purple stems but not the stalks and others are green with no purple.

These two are the twins, two plants from one seed. I posted a picture earlier in this thread of the twins. The shorter broad leaf one was the larger of the twins. The taller one with slender leaves was the smaller off shoot.

This one has always had twisted leaves.

This is a seed run, when I start growing medicine I will be growing fewer larger plants in seven gallon fabric pots. I will also ditch the smaller plastic nursery pots for better fabric pots when I am able to budget more money.

Any tips are welcome.

32 Likes

Sorry to hear about your pup, I lost my jack Russell a few years ago.
Those little guys sure have a way of carving out a place in your heart huh?
Keep your head up, babies are looking good!
Good vibes to you !

Are you feeding, whats your watering schedule? a few of them look a bit tired and hungry.
what are your temps and RH? Tents can be tricky, im still doing small adjustments inside mine on a regular basis. Go with the flow

7 Likes

Condolence for your little buddy, that’s a kick in the gut.
Those little bushes look amazing, and I hope they’re helping you make it through

5 Likes

I’d flip to flower already, plants being roughly the same size as the pot is a good time, otherwise the roots gonna run out space and they’ll get in trouble.

You can start topdressing with bananpeels and other kitchenscraps, grass, tree leaves, thistle, nettle and other non-toxic “weeds” with long tap roots that go deep into the soil, sucking up lots of minerals.

Then sow straight into the same pots. You’ll have plenty of seeds anyway.
Just chuck a small handful in each pot right before you harvest.
Throw some leaves on top of them to keep them moist and they’ll pop in no time!
That way the soil will select the strongest plants, which will only benefit genetics.

There’s also the possibility to sow nitrogen fixing cover crops if you use a stacked pot setup, something I’m experimenting with now.
That way you can keep the decomposition in the lower level and have the covercrops in the higher level.

Oh and you might wanna water less and from the bottom, that way the water will spread more evenly throughout your soil and it keeps the toplayer dry and less chance of getting fungus gnats.

Also your tent is now blessed by the Pope of Dope!

12 Likes

Omg that’s beautiful :heart_eyes:
@Rogue

2 Likes

I transplanted the twins into ten quart pots today and flipped to 12/12.In the spring I make gallons of dandelion root tea for use on the garden. I watered the plants heavy after transplanting, I will water less going forward.

9 Likes

Your harvest shall be abundant.
The confetti færie has spoken.

7 Likes

Party over here. Ya!!!

Update pics, they are growing nicely. When they flower and pollinate, is there any fertilizer/amendment/plant supplement I should be giving them for seed production?

28 Likes

The plants are still growing and bushing out some. I think my soil my be a little too hot though Im not sure. I am using the same batch of soil in all the containers but only a few plants have the tips of leaves turning yellow.

Group shot

Yellowing tips

Some other shots

28 Likes

I think you better flip to flower, a bit too late I think.
I flip when the plants are about the same height of the pot.

Topdress with kitchenscraps (esp. fresh bananapeels) and other organic matter and it should be fine.

2 Likes

I flipped them exactly one week ago when you suggested to flip them. Since then they have grown three to four inches in height and have bushed out some.

4 Likes

Ah! Great!

Might wanna stop watering too.
Let the topsoil dry out.
Should be all good!

Edit: sorry for repeating myself, haha.
So many threads to keep up with…

2 Likes

9 Likes

Small Update: I have 2 males, 5 females and two I cant tell yet. For an open seed run how many males would you want in with the females? Will two be enough for genetic diversity to later Pheno hunt?

9 Likes

I grew out spirit train last year, couple huge tips I think is worth sharing is the flower stretch is double almost triple so watch your heights and it’s a long finisher, picked mine at 13 weeks. Yield and bud size are huge and excellent though!

10 Likes

BOG liked 3 females and 2 males as the working group.
That’s not a hard rule or anything, but it is a good group size to work with.

Cheers
G

7 Likes

I think I got some spirit train going. I didn’t tag any thing this time I know I drop some. I think I got seeds from @TestOfOath .

4 Likes