First indoor seed run Spirit Train

Its getting crowded

This plant always has drooping leaves. As they grow the leaves straighten out more.

The twisted leaf plant behind the drooper

Random shots

30 Likes

The structure is amazing…
Thank you for making seeds!!!

6 Likes

Small Update. I have four males and five females. One of the males seems to have got a little excited being around all the ladies.

24 Likes

3 Likes

Many photos in this update. The males first, these are all pure males right? No hermies I hope… The fourth, fifth and sixth sprout from the soil where males and the main twin 9A is a male.

Sorry for the quality of the images.

#4 first male to sprout, fourth seedling to push up from the soil

#5 Second Male

#6 Third male to sprout

9A the main twin. This plant and its twin are about ten days behind the others.

Edit- My plants are self pruning. I have done no shaping or pruning of these plants.
I will update with the five females later.

21 Likes

1,2,3 and 7 are females, I am not sure on 9b it could be another male.

Number 1, the first seedling to break soil in the solo cups. This lady usually prays.

Number 2, I am not a number! I am a free Cannabis plant!.(Can you name the show this modified saying comes from?)

Number 3

Number 7

9B This one Im not sure about the sex. 9A the main shoot from the twins is a male with clear pollen sacs.

Group Shot

25 Likes

Update A couple of the males are really putting out the pollen. Most of the plants smell like pine or pine sol when you rub the steams. A couple one being the twin 9B have a smell when you rub them that reminds me of dill pickles.

Group shots.

All the males have the thinner bladed leaves than the females.

Females

Then there is the second twin 9B the last one to sprout from the soil. I am still not sure if it is male/female or a hermie. It has the thinnest blades out of all the planets so I am leaning Male.

And the top of my tent. I have two Amazon specials a LinQool LED that is suppose to be 240 watts and a UPDAYDAY that is suppose to be 400 watts light in the background. I bought both lights for a ridiculously low price when they first came out

22 Likes

Nice set up. The grow looks amazing.

2 Likes

Small Update, I culled the first male, the number 6 plant. This male is the first one by a week maybe a little more to mature and produce large amounts of pollen. I had to pull him out or they wouldnt we anything left ofr the other males to pollinate.

Some pictures of #6

26 Likes

That’s a handsome boy!

3 Likes

Another male is matured and is starting to put out the pollen. The different maturation rates and leaf structure between the plants is greater than I remember from the 1980s and early 1990s.

I didnt feel like taking out all the plants for some more photos as they start to stink and I get the smell on my hands and arms. So here are some pictures of the tops in the tent.

27 Likes

@newb2.0 I just found out that I am running your F2 Spirit Trian seeds that I picked up from Sebring. Thanks for taking the time to make these seeds.

17 Likes

Hell yeah dude, super stoked to see people growing these out!

15 Likes

Everything is covered in pollen. Im going to have to take everything out and thoroughly clean it and the tent. How long will the pollen last in the rest of my basement. It floats out every time I open the tent.

I dont want to know what the carbon filter looks like on the inside.

16 Likes

Hey @SEMOActivist , nice looking plants.
Luckily cannabis pollen viability is short lived if not stored properly. Depending on the environment, 1-3 wks. Humidity and high temps will reduce viability quickly. If your basement is dry and cool, expect viable pollen to be present for longer. Best of luck on your selections!:peace_symbol:

10 Likes

My basement thanks to natural gas heat has a humidity around 25% and it stays below 70 year round. Cooler in the unfinished section where I have my tent.

4 Likes

After cleaning out the tent I decide to cull another male. This was the fifth germinated seed to sprout from the solo cup and the second male to mature and mass release pollen. I have two more male plants that I may cull by the end of the week.

21 Likes

Been following along with the grow and it’s just getting exciting for me to see how many people are doing seed and pollen runs because I’m trying to attempt to have it ready to start by Thanksgiving after I get done with testers and another autofem for my Dad and just trying to figure out what strains I wanna work with and I have been trying to find some critical mass and white Widow cause I used to get Critical Mass ×White Widow and approximately 2 years ago I was getting it All the time for my Dad and since then I’ve never been able to find it because unfortunately the breeder passed away and now I’m trying to just aquire it so now that I’ve been growing and the biggest reason for wanting to recreate is for my Dad and he’s hard to please and I am just struggling with sourcing either strain… @SEMOActivist I’ve seen it mentioned quite a bit and done some research and the spirit train it’s definitely got my attention and I’m sorry for hijacking your thread @SEMOActivist …but I think that the grows looking great hope that it finishes strong and appreciate the updates and I great pictures just an awesome job

7 Likes

No worries @DrGonzo13 I dont mind conversations in my threads.

Update-Pulled another Male this one is 9A the first sprout of the twins. 9B is a Sativa leaning female. When I pulled this guy out I had to move one of the females to get to him. When I did I noticed that it left a bubble gum smell. So far I have one with a pickle smell this one with the bubblegum smell and three other females that have a pine, pine sol or spicy pine smells to them.

23 Likes

Hmmm🤔…interesting combination of smells and those are some good looking Dude’s

1 Like