First Outdoor Grow

New grower here trying my best at an outdoor grow!

I cut the tops of some storage containers to work as a cheap semi-raised bed and filled the frames with dirt cheap soil I bought at Sam’s Club. There is no bottom so the roots should go straight into the ground beneath. I then threw some seeds given to me by a forum member straight into the soil, no soaking in water first, no paper towels, no anything. They were sown on May 13.

This is them on the 25 of May, I guess I dropped a seed, because there is a bush growing outside of the containers. Sorry if the picture is blurry!

Here they are as of yesterday.

Let me know what you think please!

15 Likes

Looks like they are thriving! Good luck on the grow. What strain?

3 Likes

Nice looking plants. They seem to be doing well. I am new to growing too and found that buying the distressed plants for 1 to 3 bucks at the local hardware store is a great way to get cheap pots. (I go to the local thrift stores too for pots) We are normally able to bring the distressed plants to life in the ground. If they are too far gone, we add the dirt to our compost mixture or use it right then. Good luck with your grow, they are looking great. Keep us updated please.

6 Likes

Looking good Violet. Welcome to the crew.

2 Likes

I don’t really know what the strain is… There was some guy giving out free seeds outside of a dispensary encouraging people to grow their own. They were labelled “CK” with a, “from: SF” on the bottom. He said he was on the forums… That’s all I know.

1 Like

Thank you all for your wonderful comments!

1 Like

Great looking plants…

2 Likes

your plants are looking nice and healthy

all the best in your grow and thanks for a look

Dequilo

1 Like

Well just assuming the ck is an abbreviation for strain we could assume it is ------kush. Either way it looks great best of luck the rest of the way

1 Like

Cowboy Kush :slight_smile: maybe

3 Likes

Yep see!! I couldn’t think of the other half and someone else had my back :joy: nice work

2 Likes