Seedling question from a newbie!

Another question from the new guy, sorry for all the questions! You guys have been so helpful so far I really appreciate it. I have 4 seedlings, lemon saphire strain, they will be grown outside eventually but I currently have them on my window sill. They are about 3 weeks old. My question is, they seem to be getting taller but not very bushy. Should I put them outside full time now? Are they ready for that? I work 10 hour days so they would be outside for 10 hours without me being able to check their moisture. Or should I leave on window sill for a little while longer? Thanks!!

7 Likes

Getting a little leggy cause they searching for more light. Never grown outside but if you have a protected area and its not their first time outside you should be fine

5 Likes

Ok thanks I have them outside for 4 hour periods of time before but not a whole day. I’ll give them a shot outside for the day

2 Likes

Here I go giving seedling advice and I have been killing them by the boatload

But what I would do is move them outside on a day when you are around so you can watch them

you do not want burn them from too much sun, but sun they need

all the best

Dequilo

8 Likes

Thank you for the advice I will try for sure! I has been super hot here lately which is why I have been worried about leaving them outside

3 Likes

They should be fine out there. Look at my grow log. Mine looked very similar to yours when mine were out there. Each plant is different on size. I agree with @dequilo if you are worried do it one day when you are there. Mine were outside all the time.

4 Likes

Put a small fan on them and that will also help strengthen those stems early morning light will help harden them off maybe in the north side of the house by mid day with shadows they should be in the shadows by then if your in the northern hemisphere then they’ll get late afternoon sun as well … you got this!

7 Likes

I think I found a good option, I have a gazebo on my deck that gets sun in it for a good 8 hours a day but is fairly protected, gonna give them a couple days out here and see how they do. I enlisted my wife’s help because shes on holidays, shes going to keep an eye on them while I’m gone :slight_smile:

11 Likes

When I get plants that are a little on the lanky side I slip a bamboo skew next to it and wrap a loose bread tie wire around it ,it’s like a little cage to help support them

4 Likes

Let’s see the doggie!

1 Like

Great idea Tiny! Will do that!!

1 Like

Solowolf, meet Radar! My sidekick :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Should be perfect. Cannabis is a sun-loving plant; they’ll adjust very quickly.

2 Likes

That’s a good boy! :bone: I got puppy fever.

1 Like

I agree with @Tinytuttle , a fan would definitely strengthen those stems on the seedlings. It would make them more hardy I assume for planting or growing them outdoors.

1 Like

Looks like nobody mentioned that when u up pot u can in fact bury some of that stem as well if too leggy

4 Likes

That is what I have done with mine PoppaPuff. It works great. That is what I have always done with other gardening.

2 Likes

If they’ve already been out for 4 hours a day then they are already hardened off. Put them out. Somewhere they get part shade for a week then full sun

1 Like

Thanks guys I took a bunch of the advice. I added a bit more soil to the pots, and left them outside for most of the days, unfortunately the last two days have been raining so I brought them in but have had a fan on them. I also think I was over watering them a bit so I’ve let them dry out a bit, they seem to be happy. Thanks again!!

5 Likes

They are looking much happier. Looking forward to following your grow.

3 Likes