First time breeding. Looking for feedback.

What brand/model lights do you have in the racks?

1 Like

All the best to your project!! Very clean area, tight area. Jungle Boy genetics were always out of my pay grade.

1 Like

What a setup! NICE

1 Like

Sounds like a good plan. It gets even more fun further on looking for that bomb pheno, and that cross should certainly make some winners. :call_me_hand:

Have fun and enjoy!

2 Likes

Jesu Cristo… I have neither the time nor the energy nor the financial resources to flower 250-300 plants.

Have fun breeding brother!

4 Likes

Beautiful, I found this discussion on OG about True Breeding, they go into great detail into everything! Creating True Breeding Strains By Vic High
Fucking love this website :sunglasses:

2 Likes

luxx clone lights. they are about 18W each. I was running 3 per row on the rack but reduced to two.

2 Likes

Thank you very much! great read!

1 Like

LOL, …well it sure isn’t your first rodeo… :rofl:
That looks like a pro setup to me… :+1:

Cheers
G

1 Like

Great setup :ok_hand:

Racks are definitely the way to go.

1 Like

I’ve been growing for quite some time. but my career was in software development and infrastructure engineering.

2 Likes

I agree! The 4’ by 2’ are perfect for the 20" trays.

2 Likes

Hey. Great looking room!
How you are going to decide which of the males is best? I never can tell what a male is doing until I grow out and smoke test his kids. I have started trying to save some pollen from several to back cross with later. Because keeping all those males sucks. I hope you make something amazing! Looks like they’re in good hands.

3 Likes

Ambitious project I dig the attention to detail and clean looking lines in your set-up. Wishing you the best in your pheno hunting endeavors. How are you qualifying the chosen male? Much love.

1 Like

Beautiful room and an excellent plan! d8JBdDJ

2 Likes

Honestly, I’ve never done it. I was gonna go with the fastest growing, heartiest, and resilience. If you have any suggestions, I’m all ears!

See latest reply. Someone else had the same question.

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

I’m a huge advocate of going with your instincts, so do what feels most natural for sure. Select for the traits you want, how you want to. If possible it may be a good idea to save some of the other males or their pollen to introduce their genes in the line at some point in the future.

There’s been more talk recently about reversing males to have a peek at some of their traits that would otherwise be less observable when expressing itself as a male. With your mention of reversing females in your project I thought to mention it. I’ve never done it but it definitely sounds intriguing. Some members here have chosen males that way for their work and when I read about that it was incredibly impressive to me.

Without the equipment and known genetic markers to test for in early stages of growth, I don’t think we can truly know which plant will be the best so we can either go on intuition and feel or with scientific methods. Or something in between.

Testing each male separately on all the females and running the resulting progeny to test each male line amongst each other is really the only way that I know of, but that takes a lot of time and resources not available to many. So it’s often a compromise of something in the middle of an artistic intuitive feel mixed with saving as many genes as possible while narrowing down which one(s) are best to keep in the mix.

Your project really looks so nice and organized and well thought out. There’s a lot of mindfulness that goes into putting something like that together and it’s impressive! It’s inspiring too. Much love

5 Likes

Thank you! So much good info. I will definitely be saving pollen for genetic work down the road. Early testing would be awesome. But yeah, I’m just going with the growth traits and then hoping for the best for genetic traits at this point. Fortunately, I have a lot of time in my retirement.

5 Likes