First time growing autos and doing it outdoors

Thanks Calyxander. I appreciate the words of encouragement. The OG community has been a big part of my early success with this new adventure. I agree about the joy of growing from seed. My wife has plans for the 4 x 4 tent in February to start our vegetables and herbs for our spring planting. The other part I enjoy is getting the distressed plants from the stores and reviving them. I find a lot of satisfaction in saving a plant.

I am always amazed at some of the techniques and things the growers here come up with or manufacture. I love they way people on here share their knowledge and seeds to others. I think back to the 80’s and how low acceptance of pot was by society. Now it amazes me why it is not federally legal. Hopefully in my lifetime it will be.

4 Likes

Calyxander I thought about what you said on how deep I dropped the seeds. So I got the tray and knocked a little off the top of each pod. It looks like all four survived and just had not broken through yet.

Thanks for making me think.

6 Likes

Looks like you got to them in time.
Some folks here put seeds in h2o for 8-24 hrs before sprouting.
I’ve tried the paper towel method very successfully before yet my latest grow(Ace Seeds Zamaldelica)
all failed.
Now it’s back to sowing in sterile medium for me.

3 Likes

I have not tried the paper towel method, but planned on it for the next time. Always trying to learn. Thanks for stopping in.

4 Likes

After killing the first four seeds I dropped, I decided to drop 6 more autos. I should be able to get them through outdoors. I added a Snow Ryder and a GSC with the first four. Didn’t make the same mistake twice this time. I didn’t bury the seeds to far down.

3 Likes

The Sour Diesel is the first to “break on through to the other side”. At least I know I didn’t kill all of them this time. Lol

7 Likes

All 6 of the autos made it up, along with 2 Blue Dream that are going inside.

I will move the autos to their permanent pots this weekend.

I am growing Sour Diesel, Jack Herer, GSC, Afghani #1, Monster Kush and Snow Ryder.

6 Likes

Tell me more about this Monster Kush good sir. Please and thank you.

1 Like

Here my friend.

Did the Pony Expess ever make it there this week? Lol

3 Likes

That is some heavy indica. I have smoked some of that. I have some in my stash if I want to go to sleep…lol.

2 Likes

Kinda struck out on seeds because of the time crunch, but there should be good news this week on that.

Never a worry about that. I am just glad you got out of there safe. I am not worried about any seeds. :blush:

1 Like

With my work travel schedule blowing up I had to bring my autos indoors. 2 of the 7 were lost to the elements while I was traveling last week. Transplanted 4 of the surviving ones with what soil I had left in 3 gallon fabric pots. The one in the solo cup was started in there in the tent.
The solo cup is a Snow Ryder. The rest are Sour Diesel, GSC, Monster Kush and Afghani #1. Another Snow Ryder and Jack Herrer were lost.

3 Likes

Looks good! I been wanting to try auto’s outdoor I’ve never grown them at all but it seems like they’d be great here in Eastern Canada where they finish quickly and it seems like our fall season is getting shorter. I’m gonna follow along might motivate me to get ahold of some auto seeds for next year.

Edit: i just realized you brought them in completely missed it saying that about until I just found your other thread :laughing:

4 Likes

The autos are coming along. The Snow Ryder is about 5 days older then the rest. The GSC and the Afghani had a hard time in the beginning.

6 Likes

After traveling for the last 6 days I am finally home. The autos are doing well I am guessing. Never grew an auto. :grinning: Have to head back out in a few days. Luckily this will be a short trip.

Snow Ryder is 20 days old

Afghani #1 14 days old

Monster Kush 14 days

Sour Diesel 14 days old

Girl Scout Cookies day 14

5 Likes

@Calyxander Since I am new to the autos, and you have been so helpful, I wanted to clarify something you stated here for my own understanding. Once the seed breaks through the soil, that is when the clock starts, or after they get a real set of leaves. Since I have a few grows going now, I am just trying to time everything concerning harvest. Thanks

3 Likes

Yes, normally counts from Germination. For me, that’s when it pops forth. Be safe/well.

3 Likes

Thanks @misterbee. I dropped the seeds in soil this time, instead of a pod, so I will say when they popped up, give a day or two.

1 Like