First Time (growing legal that is)!

Had to whack another of the Dark Cherry Pie autoflowers today (Have to remember to plant one of these for next Xmas! :rofl:)

And here’s an oddity! About a month ago I noticed this plant starting to get really triched-out sugar leaves but there was no sign of any pre-flowers. Worried that it might be going hermie or even a full male, so I moved it off to a distant corner of the nursery. Checked it daily for a while and it kept up the trich production but I couldn’t see any signs of sex. About 2 weeks ago things got crazy for me and I totally forgot it was even there, until last night. Use the zoom function and see if you can find a single pistil anywhere on this plant? Budderton says he’s seen pistilless female plants before, but rarely! I’m halfway tempted to just cover it in pollen from the Black Skunk (Mister Bee :pray:) that I’ve been collecting the last few days and say a prayer! :rofl: Really dense, sticky, hard golf ball nugs! And thus far, unbelievably, no mold!

First Arunothai hit the ground. Decided to put 4 of these and 5 Franken Bubble x Blue Tara in a new row of in-grounders on drip lines. Will be interesting to see if, like everything else right now, they just flower out or if this is gonna be a record-breaking veg cycle! :joy:

And the first Dohn Makha (Afzelia xylocarpa - Black rosewood or Monkey Pod Tree) seeds have started germinating! A friend sent me a box full of various tree seeds from North Tland a few months ago…I was in the midst of harvesting and just stuck the box in the drawer of the refrigerator I put out near the greenhouses for cold water so we didn’t have to walk home every time we got thirsty. And promptly forgot about it! The best info I found said to pour boiling water over them and let soak for 48 hours. Then remove/scratch the aril and plant. Looks like the refrigerator worked just fine! I see dirt movement on 8 of the first 36 cells for the first time today.

Oh yeah, I had a lot of pollen off of one of @misterbee 's Black Skunks and have been knocking up a female, but today I had so much extra pollen I decided to hit one of the Lemon Skunk as well! :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

Have a great day! It’s gettin’ late here, take care OG’s
:call_me_hand:

12 Likes