Josh’s first indoor grow in 30 years

Here it goes…been planning this for a bit😁

-8 road kill unicorn freebies
-8 space monkeys
-8 sunshine daydreams
Running my first hydro attempt. Hoping getting seeds going inspires accomplishing the last few tasks on the new room. Peace and love to the community!!

25 Likes

The title says it all :joy: :wave: high-five to that, man!

Did laws change allowing you to “re-garden”?

Welcome to OG.

:evergreen_tree:

7 Likes

Thanks sequoia!! Hoping the title lets me skate on a few rookie mess ups. I’m from Michigan and it’s been legal here for a bit. I love growing and been gorillaing outdoors off and on and with the kidos denested I have a bit more room.

12 Likes

Oh this is going to be good!
:seat: :popcorn: :movie_camera:

8 Likes

The joys of the kids moving out, the option of hanging growlight or a sex swing in their old rooms :smiley:

Tagging along for this one!

Happy growing @Jjm

11 Likes

greetings fellow mitten dweller
what sort of hydro setup are you going to be running?

6 Likes

Front row! Woo Hoo!!!

You’ll be both surprised on how much was forgotten and how fast it comes back… I know I was after a 20 yr or so break :wink: This is going to be a fun ride! :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Gotta grab a seat for a fellow Michigrower.

6 Likes

Heck ya appreciate all the interest…I hope it goes without saying Im open to all criticism and suggestions!!! I’m going to be using, I think, an ebb and flow setup. A couple 3x8 trays and Rockwool cubes. HID lighting on tracks. Was thinking dwc but a friend already has this stuff and a willingness to show me his style. This grow is just a get my feet wet again and hopefully learn a bit about hydro…no high expectations :grin:

5 Likes

Looking forward to this my fellow michigander!

4 Likes

This is gonna be fun! Trust me, people on here still actually follow my grow threads, so it’s clear no one expects much! :joy: I’m learning as I grow! Sending magical green thumb juju your way!

6 Likes

Josh good luck on the grow! With Bodhi you’ll get something you’ll like…several SSDD phenos are pretty outstanding, hopefully you get them all, or better yet, the one that does it for you and the old lady :smiley:

On a side note, I’m nervous I’m the only Ohioan in this giant thread full of Mittenheads :stuck_out_tongue:

Go Buckeyes!

5 Likes

Hey @Jjm Welcome to OG, I am a NEWBIE noob, and have been welcomed by these great folks, on this site, with open arms and a willingness to give up the KNOWLEDGE…I couldn’t be happier about this deal! I look forward to watching you try a hydro setup for the first time! It is something that I am aspiring to try as well, so I am gonna hang out and watch your ride, and hopefully learn some stuff as you do! I am a Northern Cali guy myself but AM a Michigan WOLVERINES fan from WAY BACK…Go Fab Five! I even got the glory of seeing Chris Webber, (from the Wolverines basketball team back in the 90’s), come play for my beloved city eventually!

Its funny you say that because my brother had just moved out of my parents house and since they had some free room and my family and I are moving this September, my mom offered my brothers old room to grow out of! I declined the offer just because for me one the great things about waking up ISN’T Folgers in my cup, its looking at my girls when lights come on, all flowering and looking their prettiest! Haha!
:wink:

5 Likes

Hi y’all thanks for all the interest I’m a lil humbled and nervous😁
Here’s an update…
-room is about ready to go mainly just the outlet filter and vent and a filter on the inlet.
-100% germination. 24 out of 24 sprouted. Bohdi’s Sunshine Daydream 8, Road Kill Unicorn 8, and Space Monkey 8.
-First time using the root riot plugs and I broke one of the sprouts during insertion. I’m thinking that one is KIA but real happy with the seeds’ vitality.
-Kinda bummed that I mixed up one of the ssdd with the RKU or Space Momkey. The lil plugs keep falling out of their temporary home in a cloner and it was impossible to tell which ones were which.
-Turned on the mh tonight and I’m loving the indoor sunshine!!
Tomorrow my friend is coming over to wrap up the room and assemble the pumps and hoses. Much gratitude to you all and OG!!

11 Likes

Ok I guess I suck at updates but they just haven’t been doing much. Last night I put them in one of the bigger trays. The “plan” is to clone them all and move them to both trays when they get bigger and commence fruiting. Not going to try my hand at seed making yet (I’m excited to give back to the community but feeling a bit rusty with my skill set ATM.) but mostly trying to get my outdoor lady’s ready. Ph was at 5.8 last night and I was a bit concerned this morning when it rose to 6.5. I guess this happens sometimes with initial fill or res changes. I will say that I would have had much nicer looking specimens in dirt at this point but I’m interested in learning a bit about water grows. Peace to all!! JoshUploading…

3 Likes

Tried to upload earlier :grin:

11 Likes

Here they are three weeks from seed. A few of the space monkeys have been showing a bit of nute sensitivity, I think🤓, the rez was a bit low so not sure if that was a cause? I haven’t killed them…yet!

13 Likes

From one Josh to another, happy growing. Best of luck!

5 Likes

Hey Josh! Cool name buddy😀

4 Likes

It looks good to my untrained eyes, Josh! I’m Rand, btw, since we are name friendly on this thread! Anyways, sorry if I missed it if you mentioned it but what size are those big trays and does the setup just shoot a bit of mix from a res into the rockwool cubes themselves or is it also coming in somewhere else and flooding the trays? Or is the mix I see in the tray, runoff from the sprayers? Again, sorry if you already mentioned this stuff and also for my lack of knowledge when it comes to hydroponic growing. I have barely got my first five to flower, (well they’re halfway thru flower), and I grow in soil but am REALLY leaning towards a hydro setup, just need to gain LOTS of know how first…thus the questions. Welcome to Overgrow too! I am new here, myself, but have only received warm welcomes and a readiness, from the folks here, to give forth the knowledge. It is POWER after all, ain’t it? :wink:

4 Likes