FirstCavApache64 ongoing grow journal and pollen chucks

Looking stellar in there brother! Stellar, that pp has a stellar structure huh? What would y say the stretch is on the Motorbreath? And thanks for the head up on the clearance. Weirdest plant…. Still no hair but it’s growing…. Idk I’m gonna toss it in with some coco tonight, it’s gotta be just contained to the plug. Definitely odd ! Now we know right.

2 Likes

I didn’t measure it this run, but last time I ran it I flipped it at 28" and it finished at 42" so it was 50% of the starting height gained. The bubblegum and MB15 got big in veg and had to be trimmed and cropped before flip. The PP had a good bit of stretch but like you said it’s structure is nice and open. It would do well in a SCROG.
Glad the MB 15 is still kicking and hopefully the Coco will tease the roots out of the plug. Great job keeping it healthy!

3 Likes

Bound and determined brother, bound and determined! 50% I can definitely handle! Oh ya PP in a scrog , full size plant would absolutely kill it, I’ve been dying to give that one my own judgement, especially with the Larry in there! I’d kill to find Larry again, such a great strain.

3 Likes

The plants are doing great so far and I’m glad I waited an extra week to do the pollination as there’s a bunch more budsites available to pick from. Hoping to apply pollen on Sunday and really excited to see how it goes. Here’s a couple pics and hope y’all have a great weekend!

Purple Punch

MB15

GMO x Granny Skunk

Genius Thai Extreme x Chocolate Trip

26 Likes

Looking great in there! Nice I hope you get an absolute abundance of beans!

2 Likes

Today was D day for pollen application at day 28 from flip. I decided to just hit the Bubblegum, Purple Punch and Motorbreath 15 plants and skip the Genius Thai Extreme x Chocolate Trip and GMO x Granny Skunk as they didn’t sound like a good pairing to me. I got heavy handed applying it so I’m sure there will be surprises all over the tent but I don’t care, I have plenty of flower that’s seedless and I grew up smoking buds with seeds.
Thank you so much @DougDawson for getting me started on my pollen chucking journey with the Blue Kush pollen last grow and this awesome Blue Moon Rocks pollen for this attempt. I can’t thank you enough for giving me a chance to do my own crosses.
Here’s a couple pics of the victims and I hope you all had a great weekend.

28 Likes

Very cool my friend. You got the bug now, no shaking it, lol.

4 Likes

Ain’t that the truth. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

when i saw this picture my first thought was “wow”. how big is that tent?

2 Likes

That’s a brand new 5x5, FCA don’t play!
:metal:

3 Likes

i have a 5x5 but this one looks like a 10x10, lol.

3 Likes

I love the extra space but I’m still getting used to what I can get away with plant size wise. This trim jail sentence could be a long one as long as everything stays healthy. I’m thinking about running the bar LED light I have for the next run just to see if it’s a better match for the 5x5. I can’t wait to see swollen seeds down the road.

3 Likes

i actually have a LED in mine, “Growers Choice ROI-E720 LED Grow Light”. the only problem is if i have it set to 100% or i think even 75% it cooks the plants, which is what happened to my last grow which was the first time with that light. it’s a lot better than the 600w hps though. this ac infinity 5x5 tent has the zipper broken in 2 spots though so i can’t close it properly. I’ve planned 2 seed runs in it though so i dont think it’s a big deal. they sent me a new tent minus the bars but i’m waiting to do a flower run with it as it will be a bitch to remove it with the broken zippers and whatnot. but yeah, the 5x5 is nice.

2 Likes

Awesome brother! Looks really good in there, Is your bar light much more powerful ? I find the spread of the bar lights so much better suited for the tents, although an apogee will be important at first getting that ppfd correct but once dialed it really helps the wall to wall coverage and evenness of buds. I’m not running mine in my 4x4 now but when I did it was nuts, just unreal growth wall to wall, corner to corner, as the sf-4000 just falls short on the outer edges. Now u got that baby making bug it’s only the beginning

2 Likes

The Spider Farmer light is great but the board design doesn’t seem to have the same even spread of the bars. I got a sponsored light from a new company last year called Cultiuanna and it was really good at distributing the light more across the tent like you said. It draws 700 watts at full power so I think it will flower the 5x5 tent a little better than the SF. I’d pop it in there now but it’s so crowded I see stuff getting smashed so I’ll just wait until next run.

5 Likes

Very nice! Helluva score I just checked it out.

2 Likes

So just adjust the power . Why run it up high at higher watts , I don’t get it . My bar lights run 3 to 4 inches off canopy entire grow . Gong from 20 to 40 to 60 to 80 , then near week 7 or so wide open at 100 percent .

4 Likes

I’m more worried about trying to get all the plants moved around without dropping something or smashing them up. I use a walker to get around and have terrible balance. The bar design would be fine at 80% power with their height right now. I’ll put it up when the tent gets empty and get my son to help with the setup.

5 Likes

Triangle Kush and Trinity clones are in one gallon pots and doing nicely. I’ll be taking cuts to flower soon. Can’t wait to get some TK in the jars.

22 Likes

That is one hella grow you got going! Good luck with the crosses! Still watching this one. :partying_face::tada::facepunch::+1::sunglasses::peace_symbol:

3 Likes