Florida outdoor strain?

I am in search of a strain that will do well in the high heat and humidity that I have here in Florida. I have some experience growing outdoor but only with bag seeds and would like to know if it’s possible to get anything of better quality that is not going to mold and get ruined by humidity

4 Likes

Look into strains that have south Vietnamese genetics in them. Usually pretty mold resistant, and should mature in time in Fla.

3 Likes

hell yea my fellow rebel if you find some strain that can handle the heat and humidity i would very much appericate head up on which strain can grow outdoors in florida and mature before hurricances come.

2 Likes

Yooooo to my fellow Floridians!!! I live in central Florida marion county iv had pritty good luke with kush strains they can handle the heat and humidity i had a12 foot og kush that one year in 03 or 04 we had those 3 hurricanes it was the only one to survive all 3 hurricanes i couldent move it because it was in the ground and if memory serves me write she produced 900grams of premium bud lol sour diesel is a nother stain iv had luke with outdoors in Florida hope this helps

5 Likes

Big Howdy to my fellow Floridians.

I have grown outdoors in Broward and Dade Counties since 1980. I had far worse problems with Bud Rot and PM in the Northeast and South Carolina as Autumn approaches, and the weather becomes cool and wet.

I only grow in containers (the native soil in SoFla is terrible and requires too much amending), and I can easily move the plants to indoor shelter in the event of a Tropical storm or Hurricaine.

Everything I have grown outdoors has done well, but I favor Satori strains for summer growing because they seem to really thrive under the summer sun, and I enjoy the flowers they produce. In the winter, all strains I have grown did fine. Overall though, all plants grow nicely throughout the year. IME I have found growing in SoFla easier than anywhere else I have grown ganja.

BTW, the Houston Texas area was the most unrelentingly hot place that I ever experienced for growing outdoors, but I still obtained a nice harvest.

6 Likes