Flowering Plants To Death with Oranje

Hey @oranje plants are looking great! Just had ordered some blumat jrs. Myself What ru running? I order just five for now have a feeling I’ll be getting more from what I can see them as doing an excellent job! Thinking about obtaining parts for a five gallon DYI what’s yours thoughts if potentially saving a little $?

I’m running the standard Blumats, 2 stakes per pot. If you mean making your own 5-gallon reservoir, absolutely do it :grin: I got a kit and the reservoir is a standard bucket with two holes drilled in it, nothing more.

1 Like

I’v seen parts list but un sure of what to actually order on a certain website maybe I’ll run a few pics by ya !

Hey @oranje found this on https://www.sustainablevillage.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=59_91_257 Is this pretty much all your bucket has then!

https://www.sustainablevillage.com/tropf-thru-hull-tank-connector

On the late, the A11/BB round was beauttifull man. I love these bloods too. This pic was the climax for me :

https://overgrow.com/uploads/default/optimized/3X/2/f/2f877b750ed85e113e787a5391beb7aaae35b856_1_690x451.jpg
Seeing them praying Jah with these beauttifull colors was just an epic rape of my eyes lol

https://overgrow.com/uploads/default/optimized/3X/f/9/f91c919b046d799e8cb41ce104b9c39a59691702_1_666x500.jpg

On a couple of setups, i’ve used blumat carrots with pleasure. I love this system. But in small pots (SOG), the “hairy” root system have the tendency to stack on the surface of the medium and to live too much dry/wet cycles. I will try to draw the trick i used back in the days, can’t explain with my bad english.

On small pots, it have increased the autonomy of the tank and stopped the production of the roots we hunt for at the surface mainly. Just two cents if any ^^

2 Likes

@Fuel have you tried the in-line accessory drippers that can come off the carrot and circle the pot for more even watering?

3 Likes

@Tinytuttle, no it was one carrot per pot (2 liters, thin but high) on a single line that “slalom” the space. I really was in need of individual watering because i’ve used it mainly for dense veg spaces with various specimens at different stages (seedlings mostly but also bonsai moms/pops).

By defaut i don’t like too much drippers because i use mineral nutrients and some hybrid products (root excellurator to quote one very problematic with it) than require a good frequency of maintenance. On tree’s style grow, i don’t think it’s a big deal but on SOG it’s a true pain each half week to clean all.

2 Likes

Picture is perfect, thanks for the trick and I’ll likely put it to good use :grin: Glad to see you again, and thanks for the kind words on my last round of flowering!

2 Likes

Day 47 12/12, baby update.

The Blumat carrots dried out while I was away – they’re working fine as a standard drip irrigation system, but not so good with the soil moisture detecting. That said, my summer travels are over and they only have a few weeks left, so I’ll probably just hand water them from here on out.

Tahoe OG #1 is too heavy for its own good at this point: I might have to hang supports from the top of my tent for a couple of the branches, as the plant is too wide to stake. Could be worse, I guess :grin: As said in my last update, #1 looks like it will finish at least a week or two before her sister – #2 is still filling out, but #1 is starting to cloud up.

I got a few good shots of Tahoe OG #1 while I was staking her up:

13 Likes

Day 56 of 12/12,

Progressing! I’m guessing the chop begins next weekend – it looks like there are some amber trichs here and there, but it’s hard to tell as the underlying leaves are developing and orange/purple tinge. Water consumption is down significantly, but they’re still averaging about 1 liter/day each.

We’ll start with Tahoe OG Kush #2:

She’s a frost monster, but yield looks so-so. This plant had ridiculous stretch in the first three weeks of flower, and though the branches are filling out for the most part, they’re long cattail buds. Looks a lot more sativa at this point than it did as a youngster. Dominant smell on this one is lemon with a dash of earthy-pine.

Then there’s Tahoe OG Kush #1:

Bonk.

Whomp.

Plink. The pic above is the lowest, shadiest branch on the plant… no popcorn buds here. The largest buds are starting to fox tail, I’ll probably just let them keep going for a while. Yield is excessive, but not quite as frosty as #2… trade-offs I guess. I guess it’s the smoke that matters in the end, so I’ll keep my fingers crossed. Smells related to her sister… sort of like pine candy (which I hope does not exist) with a dash of citrus.

7 Likes

5 Likes

Just letting you know @oranje, this has been a great thread to read through. Beautiful pictures also. You grow some mighty fine looking ladies!

4 Likes

The pine tree… many parts are edible… That was an old Grape Nuts commercial.
But at least these are label as candy (junk food) and not as a health snack…

2 Likes

Day 63 of 12/12:

Still going. Tahoe OG Kush #2 looks plenty ripe and I’ve been slowly taking her down. The other one is harder to read, but I’ll probably the small branches tomorrow and let the main branches cook for a bit longer.

Starting with #2:

Dainty cute frosty buds. I’ve chopped half of her down over the past few days, and despite the thin buds, yield is actually going to be better than expected. More importantly, I gave this one a smoke test, and it’s quite nice! It’s an upbeat-but-relaxing high, not couch locky. At least in uncured form, it does taste a little piney, with a dash of earthy spice.

Then there’s plant #1, which is still adding weight:

This plant is absurd. Full disclosure, 3 of the 4 buds pictured above are completely horizontal. While frosty, this one’s trichs are much finer, and the frost did not creep out onto fan leaves quite as much. It’s awash in new white hairs, buds continue to swell, and amber is extremely difficult to find. As said, I plan to chop the lower branches soon, but I’ll try to let these go another week to see what happens.

7 Likes

Massive pheno ^^ I agree, she want a bit more time to close the show.

3 Likes

Looking great in here, Orangie :+1: As always.

Which strain will you flower after the Tahoe OG are finished?

1 Like

I have some Apollo 13 seedlings going right now, as well as Bingo Pajama (Queen Kudra Kush x Appalachia) from Bodhi. I don’t have a lot of hope for the Apollo 13 – I tried these beans last summer and I don’t have whatever magic is needed to make this strain strive, and this batch is already struggling. The Bingo Pajama look a lot better.

Bogglegum and General’s Daughter from FDM are also in the queue, might pop those this weekend :grin:

Fingers crossed, I’ll have a few happy girls to start flowering in October.

2 Likes

Some lovely looking plants there bro, nice job :thumbsup:

1 Like

Day 70 of 12/12:

It was time to take down the last four branches of Her Ridiculousness, Tahoe OG Kush #1.

You’d look like shit, too, if you’d only had water for the past 70 days :grin: I’m still shocked that this little plant grew out four mega-buds from a water-only organic soil mix. Unfortunately, not all good news:

This’un had a gooey heart of mold… when I was plucking out those dead fan leaves, I was pleasantly surprised at how easily they came out, but upon closer inspection I could see that the leaf stems were grey and furry, and a section of the bud very much looked like it was dying :expressionless: Oops. The rest of the branch was fine, but still sad to have to toss the main nugget of joy.

Knock on things, I couldn’t find any evidence of mold on the other buds, but I’ll break them up before curing to make sure.

Probably fine? Yeah!

Definitely fine. This one’s the baby that managed to grow vertically.

This one… I am worried about. Girth-wise it doesn’t fit in a wide-mouth mason jar, but… as said… I don’t see any external-evidence (or leaf-plucking evidence) of mold.

Cleaned up pretty okay, too :slight_smile: I’m guessing this’ll take at least 10 days to dry, wish me luck.

Oh, also gave the plant above a smoke test: high is similar to the other pheno, but leaning a bit more towards the indica side. Still not the couchlock I was anticipating, but I’m fine with that. The pine flavor of #2 is significantly more muted in this one, and smoke is actually smoother overall – the sativa-looking pheno has a tolerable bite to it, though hopefully that mellows with the cure.

Overall, I like the plants and I like the smoke – wasn’t the easiest to grow due to the insane stretch on #2 and the insane girth (and mold potential) of #1. Would gladly grow again and hopefully plan better the second time around… wish me luck in revegging.

7 Likes

Dang botrytis! I try to watch for those weird looking leaves coming out of the biggest buds. If I see something odd, I’ll bend that bud over and have a look at the center.

2 Likes