Follow my first grow "sensi skunk" led 475 w (temporally under x2 70w cobs)

I’ve made more than a light or 2 lol. They don’t seem too bad an idea but they’re not claimed the most efficient anyway. How much did your full light build come in at? What are you driving them with?

That’s mine :grin:

8 Likes

Looking good so far! Always fun growing skunk!

2 Likes

well the lights cost me 8x £7.50 for the cobs i use modified pc gaming psu’s for power. and with the red light (modded chinese)changed the crappy drivers with a 240v ac transformer to 130v with bridge rectifier etc for dc 3.7 amp at 130vdc rd 475w just waiting on cooling fans and sinks to be delivered

3 Likes

shes a beaut looks mint

1 Like

Those little jokers looking healthy man.

3 Likes

Sounds like you’re coming in with a decent price there still for what you’re getting. I’ll definitely be following along to see how she grows. And how your 475 comes together.

Cheers man. Made a couple variations of the “COB cool tube” that’s the one I use personally though :sunglasses:

That’s a single row 188w dimmable made for a 2x4ft tent. All work on the principle you run a 4 inch fan and filter through them to keep the COBs cool/extract smells. (This one’s a bit fancier and safer than my personal one cos people prod live electrics like it’s normal) :rofl:

7 Likes

:paintbrush: do they sell aluminum(aloominneeum) spray paint in the UK? :wink:

heheh just the finishing touch!

:evergreen_tree: (and the flame throwers)

1 Like

DAY 12

8 Likes

They may well do but im happy with my raw brushed aloominiummmmm Look lmao :rofl:.

1 Like

I did notice that little touch. Gave it a nice steampunk feel IMO.

So you have essentially made cooltubes for your LED lights. Nice idea.

4 Likes

This reads like it was half meant for me? I was going for a steampunk look on the cob cool tube :sunglasses: and yes I did spray the fan/filter purely to please my own eyes aesthetics :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

You are right it totally was meant for you. Nice lights.

2 Likes

Thank you mate. It was the stoned brainchild of me and @Albannach one evening. I put it into action on my own build to see how it worked. (Quite well) then made the single row.

Few closer up pics so you can see the “consumer friendly edits” lenses on it lol

10 Likes

They do look pretty bright those panels

1 Like

started tackling the mist box today ready to chuck into veg now

5 Likes

Did your quantum meter arrive today bro?

no did it hell lol been waiting in for it too

1 Like

I had an absolute nightmare trying to get one to land

DAY 13 few pics after 1st top plants are healthy as "stars were my nieces touch"and my 2nd room not ready yet sorted my single out today ready for breeding thats the 1 in the tent on blurple will move others tomoss

8 Likes

its still not arrived