Franco's Lemon Cheese

So many beans, so little time to enjoy on this earth-

You are the man @Sebring thanks for sending out our gear…

Here’s the little one on the birthing ledge-

And into the cup.

While I would never buy anything from green house seeds, was never a fan of “strain hunters” I did like Franco more than the other guy he worked with…

19 Likes

Didnt get this one myself, so I would like to see how this goes. :green_heart:

4 Likes

Thanks for the interest @other_barry

Hopefully everyone who has this one will post a picture :smiley:

4 Likes

I’ve heard good things about FLC, but never grown it myself. The only thing I ever grew from Greenhouse was a Super Lemon Haze. I wish I hung onto that cut, it was so terpy that I got terp poisoning trimming it with no gloves on. Granted I am a bit sensitive to lemon terps in some ways but I got a screaming headache for the rest of the day and was nauseous AF for awhile. That was the only strain that’s ever happened to me with

6 Likes

Mmmmm cheese and lemon, I’m interested. :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Loooookin gooood : )

2 Likes

I did the same thing recently after saying never again to GH seeds, grew out the FLC and it was the same issue I had with their Lemon Skunk years ago… tiny little buds with spaced out nodes and not worth it all. DNA’s Lemon Skunk was the exact same terp profile and huge yields so that transition was a no brainer. I won’t even go in to how GH has rigged multiple cannabis cups…

I really hope you get a nice pheno because that cross has great potential and it’s a shame if the pheno I grew is how they want to honor Franco. :v:t4:

3 Likes

Love Hawaiian snow , it’s a great gh strain , one of my favs

Lemon cheese is on my hit list for a future buy for sure : )

2 Likes

This one is vegging very slow…

9 Likes

Your plant’s are looking Frankofabulous! A question about the slow veg… what’s your room temp? Are you talking to it everyday, giving lots c02 and encouragement? It may have seen you smoking the flower of another plant and is secretly holding back. :rofl:

Well, I’m guilty of not doing anything special…

Got tired of slow growth, so I moved it to the flowering area.

Stem rub has a pepper smell-

2 Likes

Cool,like it

1 Like

Breaker, Breaker where is the vapor? Sup… You good?

5 Likes

STILL ALIVE-

Can’t say the same for my Franco’s Lemon Cheese though…

After an uneventful stretch, I didn’t feel intrigued…

I’ll try again soon-

3 Likes

Hey I made these!

The cross should actually be named Lemon Cheese Haze. It’s technically more of a nl5haze bx than the FLC BX1 I named it for originally. Hindsight is 20/20 amirite? :joy:
Exact cross is Franco’s Lemon Cheese #1 x NL5HazeSensiStar #1 (nl5haze pheno)
The Mom

And the Dad

Every plant will have a spicy/pepper factor to it, whether in the stem rub or the bud, or both. That comes from the dad’s side of the tree. Some will be more lemony, some will be more cheesy. Some will be a lot of both but that’s where the spread is in this line, the smells and the bud structure itself…

The high’s tend to be about the same regardless of pheno, kind of a lazy afternoon/slightly-motivating daytime high. There’s a big fat cheese pheno lurking in here that brings a bit more of the foggy afternoon high, and there’s also a super sativa foxtail pheno in here that really brings the uplifting haze effects and would be phenomenal for doing extractions on. I’m sad I lost both clones. Most plants should finish in 9 weeks or so.

The bud is good, especially if you like lemon/cheese and/or need some daytime herb for when you’re not at work. Not the greatest thing by any means, but it’s good.

Other than that, I’m not a fan of GreenHouse either. I wanted to work these into a reg line in Franco’s memory/honor but after much research and testing, some of these beans will throw nanners at 7/8 weeks into flower with a chance for a full blown hermie if stressed a lot in veg.

So I’ve stopped work on this line completely.

10 Likes

I didn’t really worry about your plant’s :slightly_smiling_face: I’m glad your alive. Stay that way and be good to yourself.

3 Likes

@Heliosphear
Thanks for the concern :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m still doing my thing…

Up skirt shot of unicorn sherbert.

I’ll update this thread through the summer-

5 Likes

Good to see your doing excellent, I was hoping we would get to harvest cheese buds together.
Now I can’t wait to see cloudspin, the name is awesome! Gonna fly over to your new grow.

4 Likes