Barney’s Farm Lemon Drizzle Fem.

Started these ~11/28/23 got 2 clones off the back right plant. Had 2 from the back left the Sativa looking one but they failed to root. 1 is a Sativa dom little taller than the others. The remainder pretty uniform in appearance but they seem to have a different smell from each other and the Sativa.

9 Likes

You’ve got my attention :heart_eyes::green_heart: but photos didn’t come through…

4 Likes

10 Likes

Trying a living soil. This is 2nd grow is at least 2 of the bags. Had issue couple of weeks into flower. Back ones started getting intervienal clorosis (?) tablespoon of dolomite lime some other amendments seemed to have slowed it down but still visible on bottom fan leaves back left. Been topping with compost, composted manure during the grow. Had to use sharp sand to cut down on the gnats , which helped.
Under the scope I’m getting clear, cloudy and some amber trics this is end of week 6 although the rear 2 went in week or so before the front 2 but. Can’t remember now.
The Sativa looking one I’m sorry the clones died because being around it makes me start to drool… hahaha.

2 Likes

Different info on flowering times , only found 1 or 2 diaries growing this strain. Every plant has a different smell profile, the Sativa one is rotting fruit .

Have 2 nice clones of these from back right plant. Going to mother one and flower the other . Also have 2 revegged plants one a Durban Cindy cross and a G13 . Both nice the Durban Cindy is tasty. Also have 2 femmed blue dream in 1 gallon grow bags in ~ the 4th week of life.

Could use some input and direction on finding an electric haze that easy to grow.

3 Likes

(Sorry for the wordy response… stoned.)

I encourage you to stick with the living soil idea. It’s a lot easier for me than nutes were. I don’t have as much trouble in flower either. I use a lot of chicken poop (and goat poop for mulch) which I give them on flip day along with Craft Blend. So I do have occasional nitrogen toxicity but not like I got with nutes. Shit be workin’ good though! :rofl: (pun intended.)

I had fungus gnats. Have fungus gnats. They’re like red wigglers with wings and a taste for tender young cannabis seeds and sprouts. I got completely rid of them for close to a year. From Nature’s Good Guys I got some beneficial nematodes and rove beetles. Instead of following directions, I mixed the two bags together in a couple of handfuls of soil and mixed it into the pots’ topsoil. After a couple of weeks my cloud of fungus gnats was a cloud of rove beetles.

I inoculated successive pots from previous pots to keep them around. Every once in awhile I’d see a lone fungus gnat cruising around, or a lone rove beetle practicing helicopter insurgency operations. But eventually the fungus gnats died off. Then the rove beetles. The nematodes were probably the last to go, though I suspect they’re coming back. Because my fungus gnat population was on its way to infestation, but now the population is dropping again. But where I live, fungus gnats don’t realize the theory of spontaneous generation has been disproved. So I can make them in a cup of coffee grounds in three days. I only care about them if they start to flock.

I like planting seeds in the ground, but don’t do that anymore. I sprout them in Root Riot pods and stick the pods in the soil. They’re completely impervious to fungus gnats, and by the time the root touches soil gnat larvae can get to, the roots are harder to eat than the less-tasty compost, apparently. I haven’t lost a single seedling to them since I started using the pods.

1 Like

I busted up maybe 4 bags of lava rocks that I added to one of the soil recipes . Grown in hempy buckets, coco and bubbling buckets. The smoke from this soil is so smooth. I alway heard that said about organic but never really believed it was that much of a difference, there IS !

Just to update, I chopped the rear 2 a day or 2 after my previous post and the front 2 maybe 3 days after that. Had plenty of cloudy and amber trichs . These finished faster than I thought, smoke is not bad a long lasting high. I must say they hermmied on me. Didn’t notice it until a saw a couple of seeds loose in the jar. I think it was from the front 2 but will know better after I smoke the 2 large jars of buds I got from this grow., hahahaha.
Wet toweled 3 seeds and 1 popped in a day or so , that one is in soil as we speak.

4 Likes