Freaker’s Ball Preservation Project 2021: Arakku Valley

Hope the male will continue producing enough pollen for the females to catch up and be pollinated well

2 Likes

Any pointers on collecting and storing pollen properly so I can ensure there’s plenty pollen for the girls

@DougDawson @Upstate @Guitarzan @JohnnyPotseed @Chronickyle

7 Likes

Damn @Donnie there is some crazy shit going on here man, those plants look insane with those needle leaves! Hope you don’t mind I watch man I wanna see what they end up lookin like :v:t2:

5 Likes

Sure pull up a chair . Definitely thin leaves but that’s a Indian landrace sativa for you .

3 Likes

Thanks man! I’ll read down from the top to get the info on the genetics and flowering time etc. these long flowering sativas are so far from what I vibe with personally, but they look so beautiful, It’s a trip to watch the grows go down. I look at it like I look at bull riding: that looks sick, I definitely wanna watch…from a safe distance, and I probably don’t want to try it myself :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Well I started with an ultrasonic toothbrush to vibrate the pollen into a bowl but later just started taking each branch and banging it into the metal bowl. Than I would scoop up all the pollen and put it through a pollen shaker to removed any vegetation. Than into a sealed Tupperware with gasket and a portable dehumidifier sealed in with it to remove moisture. I kept it that way and in the cool dark basement closet and it stayed viable for some time. I shipped it for weeks and weeks because I did 2 rounds of signups for it. Most people came back with positive results.

5 Likes

Do you have a link for the dehumidifier. I have humidity packs now but not sure they will work . With only showing one male I want to make sure I can ensure pollen for all the ladies.

3 Likes

I gifted some seeds out not sure if you got aome or not. But you can also find more info from the breeder @ www.cocogenes.com

3 Likes

I got this one on the Canadian site buy here is it on the American Amazon. Worked well, when it wears out you just plug it in to renew it. There are others like it that I am sure work well too but this is the first one I tried and it did the job.

3 Likes

Nah didn’t get any, wouldn’t have been looking tbh, not sure the landrace sativas are really my flavor, I stick mainly to indicas and hybrids, but I’ve looked at coco’s gear before, some really interesting stuff in there

Thank you , im just trying to be ahead of the game

2 Likes

This one, arakku valley is supposed to be really good . Like a cup of coffee without the rush . His page say psychedelic so we will see

2 Likes

That sounds pretty nice! I’ve had so many sativa varieties give me anxiety in the past that I generally steer clear, but I’m interested in the possibility of a milder one. I was excited to grab some of the Tangie seeds from Sebring that were available last drop for that reason. Reports I heard on the potcast about Tangie were flavorful, but not super potent, sounded like some good training wheels! Thinking I’ll look through those next summer

I have panic attacks alot and my heart rate stays right at 100 or more with prescription medicine so I’m leary of sativas also that’s why I tried lightly on new strains , micro dose because they all do not cause me to panic or get paranoid

3 Likes

I’m able to sex a couple of the plants…

this one looks like a male…
pretty sure I see a female part on this one…
![Screenshot_20210924-064906_Samsung Internet|230x500]and this one too.(upload://6kbeKPQCL3S0TgYa39GLtO3cUn3.jpeg)
Definitely that mini dehydrator is the way to go during humid weather. I put my pollen in vials in a small ball jar and put some dry rice in the ball jar and into the freezer. It was viable after maybe five months or so… also, taking a cutting now and keeping it in veg for another few weeks would probably be a good idea. It will revert to flowering very quickly when you change the light cycle back.
Plants are looking really healthy, but I would be careful giving them any more nutrients. It’s starting to show on the new growth that they have had enough for now. You’ve got some trees on your hands LOL. They’re going to be massive after the stretch!
Somehow erased what I had written up above. The top plant looks like a male and the others are female

4 Likes

It’s edifying to know I’m not the only one that has that reaction to certain sativas. Knowing that’s your MO I’ll be even more curious to watch how this shakes out! You thinking you’ll do a smoke test once she’s all down and cured up? Report back on the effects? Knowing that we’ve got a similar disposition makes me curious to hear your report

Dammmm bro these plants look crazy good. You are in for one amazing harvest. Cant wait.

1 Like

Well @Donnie has the same issue with Sativa’s, though from personal experience i can assure you that there is no anxiety with Aaraku when smoked in moderate quantity. It’s like a rush that you get with coffee with, while some phenos are very strong which make your mind race with thoughts. When smoked in good quantity its makes you feel like you are coming up on shrooms. Coupling these effects with the most mouth-watering mango smell and flavour this landrace is a treat.

6 Likes

that sounds awesome! a cup of coffee is well within my tolerance level for stimulants haha. and a mango scented cultivar sounds delightful. from what ive been able to tell with landraces it seems split between some varieties being super mild, and needing line work to up potency, and some are knock your dick in the dirt potent right off the bat. i guess thats part of the roll of the dice that you take when you’re popping landrace though no?

1 Like

well i am a novice grower and have just started growing though i have been smoking this variety for quite some while so i can vouch for Aaraku. Check this out this my grow of the same plants
First grow in central India - araku - #18 by ShivamGrover

5 Likes