Freaker’s Ball Preservation Project 2021: Arakku Valley

I’m able to sex a couple of the plants…

this one looks like a male…
pretty sure I see a female part on this one…
![Screenshot_20210924-064906_Samsung Internet|230x500]and this one too.(upload://6kbeKPQCL3S0TgYa39GLtO3cUn3.jpeg)
Definitely that mini dehydrator is the way to go during humid weather. I put my pollen in vials in a small ball jar and put some dry rice in the ball jar and into the freezer. It was viable after maybe five months or so… also, taking a cutting now and keeping it in veg for another few weeks would probably be a good idea. It will revert to flowering very quickly when you change the light cycle back.
Plants are looking really healthy, but I would be careful giving them any more nutrients. It’s starting to show on the new growth that they have had enough for now. You’ve got some trees on your hands LOL. They’re going to be massive after the stretch!
Somehow erased what I had written up above. The top plant looks like a male and the others are female

4 Likes

It’s edifying to know I’m not the only one that has that reaction to certain sativas. Knowing that’s your MO I’ll be even more curious to watch how this shakes out! You thinking you’ll do a smoke test once she’s all down and cured up? Report back on the effects? Knowing that we’ve got a similar disposition makes me curious to hear your report

Dammmm bro these plants look crazy good. You are in for one amazing harvest. Cant wait.

1 Like

Well @Donnie has the same issue with Sativa’s, though from personal experience i can assure you that there is no anxiety with Aaraku when smoked in moderate quantity. It’s like a rush that you get with coffee with, while some phenos are very strong which make your mind race with thoughts. When smoked in good quantity its makes you feel like you are coming up on shrooms. Coupling these effects with the most mouth-watering mango smell and flavour this landrace is a treat.

6 Likes

that sounds awesome! a cup of coffee is well within my tolerance level for stimulants haha. and a mango scented cultivar sounds delightful. from what ive been able to tell with landraces it seems split between some varieties being super mild, and needing line work to up potency, and some are knock your dick in the dirt potent right off the bat. i guess thats part of the roll of the dice that you take when you’re popping landrace though no?

1 Like

well i am a novice grower and have just started growing though i have been smoking this variety for quite some while so i can vouch for Aaraku. Check this out this my grow of the same plants
First grow in central India - araku - #18 by ShivamGrover

5 Likes

@Upstate The first 2 pics you posted are two different plans , but no nanners showing yet on either, but its just now been about 10 days from flipping light schedule . If they are male that will work out well since they would be slower to mature than the one for sure male

1 Like

Those first two I definitely see male parts. They’re very small, but I can see them. And then in two different pictures I saw female parts

pretty sure I saw another female but it’s blurry in my screenshot. the first one looks female, the second two look male

7 Likes

Each pic was a different plant , so hopefully I’ll have a happy medium on breeders

3 Likes

Couldn’t ask for anything more really. Awesome to have more than one male! (Hopefully that’s what they are) should make for a nice diverse gene pool. Could even be seeds from two different Year’s crops possibly, and or different farmers

2 Likes

Well the one for sure male is from the seeds I got from you , these other 8 plants are from the seeds I got from coco, so we are already crossing harvests id think

4 Likes

In my opinion, you’re gonna need a bigger tent. :laughing: No shit man, those things are BIG. They look really good. :+1: :+1: :+1:

I bought the same dehumidifier that @DougDawson linked you to. I put it and my pollen in a gasket box, and it’ll get it down to 18-20% RH.

I think you’re doing an excellent job with what looks to be a very challenging strain. Way to go @Donnie. :vulcan_salute:
:guitar:

8 Likes

I’ve been adding more clips to tweak the growth direction ,but I’m about to start tieing them down some also .

3 Likes

Two words. SCROG net. :grinning:
:guitar:

Edit: It’s a little late for that on this one, but in the future. :v:

1 Like

Im bad about letting a plant grow and see what it will do . Obviously not a good choice in a tent lol

4 Likes

best you tie them down, i have been trying to train some my plants as well though its taxing they just want to shoot up all the time.

1 Like

We now have plant #2 showing full of nanners.

Excellent… I’ll read through this thread with a cup of coffee while I’m awake all night because I do the night shift again in a few days.

3 Likes

I didn’t go into deep detail , pretty simplistic

That’s a bummer, but to be expected. Did they go from Outdoors 2 in doors under a light? That’s what triggered my oaxacan to throw some nanners. Give it a couple weeks and they may go away

2 Likes