First grow in central India - araku

Yes brother, hoping for the best

some random resin snapshots from pulga a small humdrum village in Parvati valley.

26 Likes

And your going to get a large one.

1 Like

I sure hope so brother, this is my first grow so I really don’t know what to expect. Have you grown any indian labdrace before?

3 Likes

Nope. Some CBD strains and a few of THC that a couple of people developed and wanted to see how others could do with.

3 Likes

Here’s an update on the grow.

![image|353x500] image

Can somebody please tell me what these black spots are @Donnie @Upstate image image image image

View from the top of the hill image image

15 Likes

Can you guys see any sex @Upstate @Donnie , out here in central India the light schedule has still not reached 12 12, by the end of September i guess the schedule will be 12 12 so just wondering when the plants will show pre flower

1 Like

You’ll have to get me a close up at the junction of the leaf stem and the main stem 4-6 Leaf sets down from the top. The black spots might actually be called black spot. I’ll look it up for you.
The top two pictures are females. Pictures are a bit blurry for the others

4 Likes

They used to be growing all over the roadside like this when I visited Murree over the border about 15 yrs ago. I was only there for a day and then back to Islamabad but they grew on the roadside there also :slight_smile: I was too scared to ask for gurda or seeds :slight_smile:

7 Likes

hahahahah so Pakistan and India are like 2 brothers from the same mother, if and when you come to India you will find the same out here, cannabis growing along the highway in some region and in case you find someone doing something dont hesitate to ask for seeds since seeds and stalk is legal out here.

7 Likes

I will get a close up shot of the nodes in a day or 2. I am also planning on doing another feeding by using up the remaining of my vermicompost and manure, with little mustard cake because according to my understanding i have really struggled with nutrients at the spots, plus these plants take up quite some nutrients so i think i can go a little overboard and see how they react.

4 Likes

Man, just started digging into @Donnie’s thread on his arakku, these are looking off to a good start too, and your description of the effect sounds beautiful, hope that this whole process goes smoothly for you and you end up with some nice herb at the end of it all, I’m excited to watch. If you’re concerned about nutrients and don’t have a lot of access to commercial products you should think about looking into KNF practices, it seems like a good way to generate your own nutrients from indigenous plants around your area. All the best! :v:t2::v:t2:

5 Likes

@Donnie plants have been doing so good I am very exited for the end result. I will surely look into KNF practices, though I did feed my plants yesterday with flowering manure, vermicompost and mustard cake let’s see how the plants react. I always had this notion that landraces are supposed to be fed once or twice through out the entire cycle but these plants seem to be taking up good quantities of nutrients. Here are more photos from yesterday.

14 Likes

@ShivamGrover They are looking good . I use Greenleaf nutrients . I’ve been feeding 2 to 3 times a week the other day I gave a little fish fertilizer they didn’t care for it in the stage mine are in . I’m cutting back on feeding to 2 times a week now .

1 Like

They’re looking good! Whatever you’re doing now keep at it.:v:t2:

1 Like

Good to see a log from India. I loved the six months I spent there in 98. One day I’ll get back there. Spent four months up past Manikaran passed the tourists bit. Best hashish I’ve ever had from way way up.

3 Likes

Ohhhhhh good to see people know about Manikaran, I love that place its like my 2nd home. One of the earlier post in this thread is a snap of charas collected in pulga its a humdrum village 15km from Manikaran.

2 Likes

Yes sir will do.

1 Like

I went up to pulga nice hot springs up that way. I also hung out in Rasol above Kasol I’m sure you know where I’m on about. Rasol was lovely stayed with village head Davey Singh , went with him to Malana as he was supplying them creme. Lots of good memories trekking and hanging with shepherds and getting Jungly charas.

6 Likes

Yeahh i know about rasol, though i have not visited that village but i plan to this year or early next year both rasol and Grahan which is another village south of kasol. It’s very intriguing that people from rasol were supplying cream to malana, because malana is the epicentre of charas. What exactly do you mean by jungly charas because for us it’s the fast rubbed hard textured commercial resin balls/sticks with a lot of plant material, do you mean the same?

this is not a good photo but this bud is from pulga harvest 2018, plants from that village smell so sweet, actually sweetest ones that i have ever encountered in that whole valley, from rasol to malana to tosh i have had the luck to try all aside par grahan, since now a days a lot of pot travels down to Delhi and nearby cities it’s easy-to-get hold of the charas.

Some snapshots from the valley.

Rasol cream year - 2019 harvest

Malan Super cream 2019 harvest

Jungly charas from the valley 2019 harvest

Jungly charas from Uttarakhand 2020 harvest

Pulga cream from 2020 harvest

Pulga 2nd grade - 2020 harvest

Ps Please dont mind the background in some of the photos.

24 Likes

Yes as in the shepherds rubbed it from whatever wild plants there are where they have walked rather than cultivated fields I know that as jungly. Then there’s the first second rubs etc Malana is a small village yet everyone claims malana creme now way they make it all and I was privileged to go there with the people form rasol.

4 Likes