Freakin' With The Freaker's Ball Seed Collective

you are covered no matter what. You’ve spent enough money. That was a screenshot unfortunately but I have learned how to copy and paste thanks to someone special.:rofl::sweat_smile:. When I go on PayPal it’s showing that the money was taken. 99% sure that the amount that’s showing in my account is the amount that would be left after that payment to you… so I’m going to go ahead and pull the trigger on the Roadkill. Where do I see the list of stuff that you picked up for everybody? I haven’t even seen it yet LOL. Being a seed addict is a tough life

4 Likes

I just received a package from Indian landrace Exchange and it just happened to come with a very good guide for landrace purchases.

I think lowland tropical varieties can flower 4 or even more than 4 weeks longer than 20 weeks, but I would agree with everything else

8 Likes

Keep in mind these are landrace flowering times, and when somebody grows them and chooses the quickest flowering types for multiple Generations they can knock a couple weeks off the flowering time, but no more than that. If the seller claims legitimacy with flowering times that are three or four weeks off from what’s listed in this chart, they probably truly believe they have a landrace, but they have selected contaminated stock for the quicker flowering time

6 Likes

Here’s a shot of just the chart:

:grinning:

11 Likes

What is wrong with me? I just got my second order from the real seed company and now I am salivating over the Malawi Gold.

5 Likes

:grinning:

11 Likes

I started at OG back in 2003 to learn and it has paid back in spades. I have a few more nickles and my kids are grown. I am about giving back. Just gave my first pack of freebies here and it feels good to give seeds away I know I will not pop. And then there is my close friends that get seeds and my extended OG family. We will overgrow through love and consideration.

7 Likes

You sound like a true Freak man. :cowboy_hat_face:
:guitar:

8 Likes

This is the Romulan I am growing, I got it from Neptune seed bank

Korean Thai is listed as one of the parents

Also it is starting to smell like dirty socks

4 Likes

where is the Evidence that this Chart is the Truth? Or any pattern, that leads you to this Conclusion?
I have a seen a small Pattern, it seems tropical can go down to 13 Weeks, or chunky buds. Those were 70s Strains. One of those SE Asian Strains i did not get the feeling it was anyhow selected, but cant say shure

Now an even crazyer Example: Vietblack, in the initial Description from the Creator of this Viet x China, it says down to 9 Weeks. Crazy, dont know if true, not reported yet, i think most people wouldnt select that 9 Weeks Northern viet.
Mountains thigh ,like an Everest Snowfall, if any plant grew there…

3 Likes

Don’t buy them, I’ll send you some.

19 Likes

This is a general guideline to go by. Nothing written in stone. I agree with this based on 5 years hard research

3 Likes

Hybridization happened as early as the 60s. Some of the shorter flowering varieties from Vietnam that you have seen are surely from the Chinese that came down into Vietnam during the war, or perhaps earlier, though they didn’t always get along so well. If we are truly talking landraces here, then these plants have been in the regions for at least a hundred years minimum. They become what the climate they live in dictates they become. Plants in the tropics learn that they have more time to do their thing, just like plants from northern regions have learned they have to do things quickly. If a plant has been in an area long enough, it will always morph into the same flowering times depending on latitude and elevation, with some exceptions. There are always areas that are warmer or colder than they should be for their latitude. Like New York for example. Colder than a son of a bitch in the winter. In Spain and France at my latitude they have palm trees. Where I am we have trees that grow up in the Arctic. So there’s always exceptions. But if someone is telling you there is a 9-week tropical Vietnamese variety, I would be extremely suspicious. My bullshit meter would be ringing loudly. You can go around the world at 0 degrees latitude and all the landraces from those regions that we know about all flower minimum 16 weeks, and often longer. All the South Indian Land races from Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, the Columbian landraces and Panama Red, Papua New Guinea gold, Southern Thai landraces, Vietnam, Cambodia, Indonesia… all have landraces that flower about the same length of time.
There are Misfits that are out of place. There are South African varieties that flower 20 weeks, and there are Nigerian varieties that flower in 12, and these are probably a reflection of a more recent genetic influx. We know that Congo and surrounding areas were heavily introduced to new landrace’s in the 1940s. It is suspected that Malawi gold miners brought genetics back home with them to Malawi in the 40’s and surely brought some of their stuff along to South Africa as well. There are exceptions to every rule, and when the exception exists I ask myself if it’s explainable due to recent history. A lot of times it is.

4 Likes

How is it? That would be fantastic.

1 Like

and the evidence? I stick to it, there are fairly powerful 70s VietStrains Not just Hemp, thats what i have Seen, and i dont claim anything about it, but since i seen it multiple times, i call it a Pattern, wich could point to a Truth, its not the truth , but can Point to it.
The truth of powerfull shortflowering Vietnamese is possible in my Mind, based on Patterns i seen. Thats somewhat substential to see it in Picture right? From different People, with multiple times same Features, namely short flowering. One of these strains i grow … Comes from a highly respected Collector.

1 Like

well, that person that im pretty shure made that Description is the one that made the Vietblack (northern Viet x southern Viet). Bullshitmeter is pretty low with him.

2 Likes

So it wasn’t a landrace. It’s a hybrid.

1 Like

when i say it is a Pattern, then i ment with it it is regularly apperance of Vietnamese from 70s.

Ive seen every third Vietline beeing hortflowering or chunky. Thats what i seen. So i tend to call it a Pattern, and stay openminded what it actually is. That means it could be whatever Reason behind, wich includes that it just Vietnamese shortflowering.

1 Like

I think it probably is a pattern. The Chinese came down into Vietnam during the war as observers. The Ho Chi Minh trail ended in China. There was absolute China Yunnan Indica influence flowing down into Vietnam during the war. Doesn’t mean it’s not a Vietnamese strain, or even an heirloom, it’s just not a landrace if it flowers so fast

2 Likes

Vietblack is a hybrid out nothing else than acclaimed Vietnamese Strains, yes. Does Hybridisation of two vietnamese lower floweringtimes?

2 Likes