Freakin' With The Freaker's Ball Seed Collective

Not sure about the autoflower part, taller plants certainly, and immune or resistant to anything short of a machete. I know guys that have swathed it like they were going to bale it. I have no doubt the genetics could be interesting, but if I recall correctly, the cannabinoid content runs between not detectable and 2%. Not really stable enough for the .3% limit on industrial hemp, but probably good breeding stock.

3 Likes

It definitely wouldn’t have the potency for the first couple of generations, but it would be easy to find the potent plants by smoking them. Take a hard look at them this Summer and see if they do Autoflower. Or even if they flower very early that could be a useful trait. It would certainly take some time and effort to use them in a breeding program, but you would have something unique for your area, and once you stabilize the genetics it would be a useful breeding tool to cross with other strains for Nebraska Outdoors.

5 Likes

Cool! I’ll cop some of the Tanzanian Mochi and some the Ethiopian. Interesting about the Mayotte, I should have asked more questions. Thanks for that. Guess I’ll just have to run them and see, if it is Zamal or Durban descended then I’m sure it’ll turn out something interesting. I’ll work it in another grow or two and if it’s any good share it.

5 Likes

Interesting lineup. What are your project goals?
How will you organize this breeding project with so many lines running at once?

4 Likes

Where I am, there is no way you could grow seedless outside. In the fall we get allergy alerts from all the hemp pollen in the air.

fucking yikes, urbs. That shit is terrifying. Is that what federal legalization would look like?

edit- at least the bees in your state must be happy about all that pollen.

3 Likes

Just a quick reminder, the Membership poll closes in 7 days. So far we have 21 people interested in being a some sort of Freak. Don’t be left out, left your freak flag fly, and join us at the Freaker’s Ball. :vulcan_salute:
:guitar:

I guess I could give you the link: Freaker's Ball 2021 Sign-Up Thread

7 Likes

I would also like to join. I’ll have some rarer hybrids available and maybe some discontinued strains too. Landraces I aquire in the future will be donated as well… Just let me know what i need to do
Thanks guys!

4 Likes

Go to the signup thread, read through it, and pick the choice that best fits your situation. :slight_smile:
:guitar:

4 Likes

Have decided to do it in two drops. 3 - 4 plants per strain. Just looking to segregate some Real Skunky Phenos to work in to breeding. Will fire up the cloner and sex/ clone plants with a short veg first time through to weed out males and put in quarantine. All Females will have a clone taken for backup. Plants will be taken through 2 week cure before any clones are discarded. Any stinky candidates will have the clone run out to verify and seeded if applicable.

4 Likes

I think I can be a full freak member this year, but it will hinge on my success with a long flowering se asian strain.

Is that ok? I may be able to donate a short flowering strain as well, but if the long flowering project fails, I would only be able to donate the short flowering strain. I guess I would just become an affiliate freak at that point?

5 Likes

Thanks man. Will do!

2 Likes

Sweet! Be nice to have you! Lots of great stuff to preserve!

3 Likes

Whats the SE Asian strain? You have my interest😁. I like to see these grown out. I’m working my way towards some of these sometime soon…
It will be nice to have you too!

6 Likes

You’ll do it. Have some faith. Just sharpen your chainsaw blade first lol!

3 Likes

Thanks guys. No hard feelings either way.

2 Likes

I’ll be preserving Bodhi’s Neirika seed trust China Yunnan Dali Cangshan Mountain sativa. (I guess this would just be east asian, not se). He describes it as having the push of a se asian and the euphoria of a himalayan.

Bodhi said it finishes outdoor in santa cruz, hopefully it will here in the PNW.

This will be my outdoor project, males and females will grow together, once the males sex they will be isolated in the garage (for the protection of the other ganja growers around me) and once the pollen drops, the males will go outside for one afternoon of thorough pollination before being chopped. This open pollination method has worked well for my outdoor projects, and helps prevent pollen contamination for the growers around me.

The freakers ball would be a slightly smaller distribution than with the co-op, so it’s a more practical commitment. Plus I expect more people here will actually grow and appreciate a unique and wild heirloom like this.

edit-
I usually move through 3-4 projects a year. I don’t always end up with enough to distribute, but with this level of membership it should be easy for me to do two per year through the freakers ball. (as long as membership numbers don’t go crazy).

Would I be able to send seeds in bulk to a volunteer freaker to handle the rest of the packaging and shipping? I’m disabled so that would make seed donations much easier for me.

(not to mention that I am, shall we say, of limited financial means.)

18 Likes

I was also curious about the distribution logistics of each run.

6 Likes

We’ve been talking about distribution. We should have things figured out before too much longer. Certainly, we don’t want anybody to have Financial burdens from sending seeds out, especially after generously spending all that time making them. @Guitarzan pointed out that it will be roughly 2,000 seeds or more per run, mailed to 20 people in total. For people that need help, we will set up some sort of account I think to help pay for shipping. Also, for people that are fearful of mailing that many seeds from an unfriendly cannabis state we will figure something out. In that case we will try to just have one package sent to somebody. Standby though. We were just talking about this yesterday

15 Likes

Thanks for talking and thinking about this issue. It has been of some concern for my self.

7 Likes

We’ll make it work for everybody.( im out of likes, sorry)

5 Likes