Freakin' With The Freaker's Ball Seed Collective

Hello everyone, I also appreciate the idea and I am available to help. I am in Brazil, and I cultivate abroad, I have my first diary here at OG.
I have less than six months in the OG and live in a humid environment, latitude 26 south.
I am available and, for now, I can execute the seeds from August.
I hope to be understood, hugs and congratulations to all involved.

10 Likes

can you tell me about the history behind this strain please ?
where/who it is from? when it is from? is it any good?
thanks, Sam

@rootfarmer

9 Likes

Just finished reading this. Excellent read, thank you. Makes me think that a 1000 seed donation of each landrace needs to be made to one of the major seed banks. I have some concern, which I think is shared by many here, that modern genetics are becoming so uniform that by the time legalization does arrive, it may be effectively monocrop with all the inherent dangers.

12 Likes

Manga Rosa? Up for the challenge in a few months? 18-26 weeks flowering😁 no better place to grow it… its the only Brazilian landrace I’ve been able to find. Tried Cabeca de Negro this summer, but it was a hybrid unfortunately. Bsc usa on IG had some others, like Amarilla and Pernambuco Gold, but had some shady dealings as i understand it. Too bad. I’ve never seen them anywhere else. I have some Cabeca seeds from a plant that went 14 weeks…care to give them a shot? Maybe growing in their home turf will bring out some longer flowering individuals.

9 Likes

Its from Exotic Alchemy on IG. He called it more of a farmed heirloom than a landrace. 12-14 weeks flowering.

7 Likes

I’ve heard about them, but unfortunately, I haven’t been to the production sites yet. So, the name depends on who sells … The most complicated is the illegality, because of this stupidity we are losing our genetics.
In my diary, Agroecological guerrilla, in search of the True Brazilian Sativa, you can see that most of the plants are hybrid, but most of the seeds are from the regions of origin of the Manga Rosa and cabeça de nego, state of Bahia. Next to the famous polygon of marijuana, in the States of Pernambuco and Bahia, where fiber was produced in the past.
In my first plantings, the grass that came from Paraguay was a landrace, until a farmer went on vacation in Holland. I was not aware at the time of the value of seeds, today I am hunting.
I would love to germinate these seeds at home😃

10 Likes

We have a Brazilian landrace hybrid, crossed with a Colombian Gold male.

Brazilian Red Gold (Aracaju Red Northern Brazil Landrace x Colombian Gold)

Fowler told me it was a, “great choice as it’s very rare. You can make F2s selecting for the Aracaju traits, and really isolate the Aracaju Red in the F3s.”

:grinning:

17 Likes

You know more about the Brazilian races than a Brazilian…:joy: thanks for the teaching. I’m crazy about these ideas :crazy_face:, I can help maintain a variety for future generations … Following the work that I already do with food seeds. I have a fridge that has more seeds than food !! If it is possible for me to make the genetics available, I assume the commitment to distribute again … Thank you very much for the class … I am happy to be able to help in some way … You understand me, in illegal trade there are no rules, so I am suspicious when they want to name a variety. However, when someone with some knowledge has already planted, and realized the potential, it is different … I’m 16 ° south of Aracajú, it has a planting window starting in August, I can start before internally and make huge plants. However, the summer is rainy, decreasing at the beginning of winter. I also have contacts in the region of origin of these plants that I spoke to. I can make it available to local producers and get information about their behavior. Hug to everyone…

14 Likes

I ate at one of those Brazilian Steak Houses once. :cowboy_hat_face: It was really good. That’s pretty much the bulk of my knowledge about Brazil, but it’s nice that I sound like I know what I’m talking about. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Everything I posted about that strain I got from the breeder. The fact that I’d never heard of it was what sold me on it. :slight_smile:
:guitar:

13 Likes

@Guitarzan, The amount of meat that is eaten here in Brazil is absurd, that is true.

For $ 240, I will never plant this plant, this is absurd !! I will make my selection with sativas that I have, and go selecting the characteristics …

13 Likes

I got a pack of Devil’s Tit, and those were $240 a pack. My pucker factor increases by a factor of 10 every time I think about popping them. :grinning:

16 Likes

Just thought I would share that I have the fda Burning Love and I didn’t see it listed but maybe I overlooked the list??
Anyhow I have a current grow going of some burning love! Check out my banana punch bagseed thread for more info and pics.
If anyone jase Burning Love Male pollen to donate I’ll happily make seeds with my BL no.1
Amazing organizing goin into this thread and energy!!! Glad to see like minded individuals in the respect of interest in this class of the genetic spectrum. As opposed to all the stuff on the current market. Just my 2 cents.
May everyone have a blessed 2021!!!

7 Likes

That is one of his classics for sure!

@Gugumelo if you are on his mailing list he always runs some specials on seeds that are older stock with lower germination rates. You can grab some really nice stuff for $20-40. He even adds extras so the lower germination rate probably isn’t even a factor.

8 Likes

That would be great to have them grown in their Homeland! There are a couple other people on Overgrow living in Brazil. Between all of you, you could find some real keepers. It would be fun to watch them grow. I have some Brazilian friends that say the weed grown there 15 years ago was very strong.
I have quite a few Cabeca seeds left. I could send some down for you to try. If you keep growing it and selecting the longest flowering individuals, you could push it more to the sativa side still. Who knows? I’m sure I didnt find the longest flowering plant out of the few I grew.

10 Likes

Stick with OG and keep posting. Youll have your 6 months in soon, and you won’t have to pay to grow what the Freakers have from Brazil…though admittedly it isnt much. What can you tell us about Paraguayan landraces. I know nothing about them. In fact, except for Columbia and a couple Brazilian land races, South America is a big blank on my land race map.

9 Likes

I have that one too. I talked to Strainly about getting all the descriptions for Nick’s strains. His account hasn’t been deleted, and all the listings are still there, but since they’re closed, I can’t see them. I just need to figure out how to get around that.

Since I placed the orders, I picked 5-6 strains that I wanted to grow out myself, and The Tit was one of them. I’ve never tried popping a $24 seed before, so I’m playing around with some germination teks using some old seeds that I have.

Our house is getting older, and it’s not as tight as it used to be. I have a hard time controlling the temp, and RH, especially in the winter, so my bud quality isn’t spectacular, but I can make seeds. :slight_smile:

@Gugumelo. If you don’t get Snowhigh’s menu, here’s the latest one from November:

Snowhigh November Sale.pdf (377.5 KB)

9 Likes

Where I live, we have well-defined seasons, the lowest annual temperature of 45 ° f in winter, it would be interesting to lengthen the cycle well to be able to harvest in the dry season, you would be at greater risk but would improve the quality … If you think about mother plants and cloning the possibilities are unlimited … And I would like to be able to pop these strains here, I have patience … The plants in my diary are from various regions of northeastern Brazil, maybe something interesting appears, I will need support in this aspect to identify the best plants …

I’ll be around for sure, I’m getting more familiar with the way the OG works every day !!

Thanks @Guitarzan

6 Likes

What I can say is that it varies from region to region. I am in the south of Brazil, the decades of prohibition almost ended with crops here. Northeast Brazil, on the other hand, has been planting since Brazil was “discovered”.
I can talk about Paraguay, who is the one who supplies the herb pressed into tablets … For logistics … Where I live is the most accessible, without quality control … But there is always something with a good smell, flavor and effect, for a good price :money_mouth_face:.
They were my first seeds 15 or 20 years ago, all the same, standardized, with incredible flavor and effect … Highly resistant, I just planted and then went to harvest, without any care … The flavor was sweet, with flavor of pitanga (native fruit), very famous … Today, it has been a long time since I met with something like that …

We had a comedy episode here too, around 1989 I think, a ship dumped thousands of cans of weed along the Brazilian coast. They say it came from South Africa or Australia, and was going to the USA, the DEA was on the trail and the ship needed repairs, off the Brazilian coast, dumping illegal cargo … There were no seeds … There are a documentary on Discovery …
Another thing I read here at OG, about analyzing the genome of strains in Paraguay, is more stable, or something, I don’t remember … Can anyone help with that? I’ll try to rescue … It may have been up to this topic !!
Today, the commercialized herb is very resinous, heavy, narcotic, different from the euphoria of yesteryear …

I will strive to help you color this space !!!

12 Likes

Absolutely enjoy the different outlooks of growing in a different everything. Your climate definitely should churn out some fine herb. Thanks for sharing, and looking forward to seeing some of your grows.

8 Likes

Put me down for sure on that one

6 Likes