Freakin' With The Freaker's Ball Seed Collective

I think it probably is a pattern. The Chinese came down into Vietnam during the war as observers. The Ho Chi Minh trail ended in China. There was absolute China Yunnan Indica influence flowing down into Vietnam during the war. Doesn’t mean it’s not a Vietnamese strain, or even an heirloom, it’s just not a landrace if it flowers so fast

2 Likes

Vietblack is a hybrid out nothing else than acclaimed Vietnamese Strains, yes. Does Hybridisation of two vietnamese lower floweringtimes?

2 Likes

It does if one of the two of them had short flowering times

1 Like

Thats why i sayd those short viet strains are not really weak hemp.

China Yunnan Indica can flower as fast as 7 weeks.

1 Like

yeah, that is by no means any proove , that is probably your idea how it happend. My counter says those strains i talk about are strong effect…

No I wouldn’t think they’d be weak by any means. It’s theorized that Thai genetics came from Chinese Broad Leaf hemp originally. All weed came from low THC pot originally. Selection makes it stronger. Naturally growing Chinese Broad Leaf hemp can have at least 4% THC (I know I read 5% but I can’t find that information to back that claim up) in 25% of the phenotypes. Similar to most of the northern land races, 25% are CBD dominant, 50% mixed CBD THC and 25% THC dominant.

4 Likes

Malana is famous for its red eye potency and bright giggly High at only 5 to 8% THC

4 Likes

Imagine if they bred for high THC rather than making hash plants. You could end up with something like the Southeast Asian stock with that crazy high

2 Likes

thats far from strong weed i guess…

I think a strong Thai often flowers longer.
What was the Anchestry doesent matter, that day thai was strong, that day it probably flowered long. UNLESS, also thailand had one case of a reported Strong and shortflowering Line.

Its just even more prominent in Vietnam.

1 Like

The best it’s been is now. It’s been curing since September sometime. I let it sit for two months and I swear the potency doubled from when I smoked it earlier. Patience is definitely rewarded with this one. I recommend it. Head high with most phenotypes, great for work. The strongest plant is now as strong as a hybrid. There is a weird phenotype that had male flowers on it every few days, so I didn’t pass out those seeds, but this phenotype knocks me out 20 minutes after I smoke it. It was also the longest flowering. I picked it after 16 weeks because of cold weather, but it was still going. It’s possible I picked it after its prime and that it would have had a more energetic high with an earlier pick…

3 Likes

i mean it doesent necessarly matter what was before that. Cause as long as there is no genetical Analysis, or reasons to beleve it was shortly introduced Northern Genetics, as long we are left with what i found: the pattern of shortflowering strong vietnamese…

3 Likes

I’m thinking I can start a seed run in May or June. Right before the high heat and mid-high humidity.

4 Likes

Not far from strong at all. Dont be fooled by the numbers. There’s much more to potency than THC. I’ve talked with several Indian people that have lived in the Himalayas and they all tell me how strong Malana can be. And that’s smoking flowers not the hash. I read an article once in which the guy writing the article mentioned how wasted he got off of some roadside ditch weed in Mexico while driving around with the publisher of a Mexican cannabis magazine. After raving about how potent the weed was, the publisher explained to the passenger that it was 4% THC and that the locals throw seeds out the windows because they know what they harvest from the ditch will be the best. It’s all the other stuff that was in there that made it so strong. The strongest thing he’d ever smoked according to the passenger. It’s possible some of these varieties have THCP in them, which gets absorbed into the body 33 times better than regular THC, effectively making it feel up to 10 times stronger. Only a small portion of this would be needed to really boost the effect. And there’s other cannabinoids we don’t even know much about yet, and these will show that with the Entourage effect they can add a lot of potency.
You seem to think I’m questioning whether or not the Vietnamese you smoked was potent and I’m not. I’m sure it had high THC numbers as well. I’m just saying it’s not a South Vietnamese landrace if it flowers in 9 weeks. An heirloom, yes, it could be. But if you leave an 8-week China Yunnan landrace ( or any other)population in the tropical steamy jungle, in 100 years you’ll have a 16-week sativa. Vietnam genetics become more and more like Chinese genetics the closer you get to the border. Yunnan has some very high elevations, and the Mekong River reaches well into Yunnan, and even into Tibet. That could easily explain shorter flowering plants lower down on the Mekong, they just wouldn’t be the local landrace. And hybrids between them and the local sativas would have been extremely potent . Flowering times would have been smack dab in the middle of the two landrace’s. Combine an 8 week and a 16 week plant, and you’ll end up with something around 12 weeks. But after a hundred years of growing in the tropical steamy jungles, those short flowering plants would morph into a 16 + week sativa.

11 Likes

I need some straight THCP!!!
Good read!

4 Likes

What are you thinking? Anything in mind?

3 Likes

I need to go through the list again, but preferably something 14 weeks or less.

3 Likes

Indoors or Outdoors?

2 Likes

Kind of leaning towards this one here. :point_up_2:

Indoor.

Edit.
Actually, scratch that…I wanted to do a sativa dominant during the summer…high heat and humidity. Back to the list…

5 Likes

He has very good taste. I’m sure it’s a good one.

2 Likes