Freakin' With The Freaker's Ball Seed Collective

I use companion planting in all pot sizes. I have some outdoor pots that are around 130 gallons with many companion plants growing, and pots down to 5 gallon with just one or two companion plants.

In my indoor grow I use 5 and 7 gallon pots with lemon balm as a companion plant. If you keep it pruned there is little or no competition, and the lemon balm’s root system helps to balance soil ph along with the cannabis root system.

8 Likes

Cool! When my outdoor plants are ready for their larger pots I’ll try it. I like to mix my tomatoes with green onions and parsley, just never thought about doing it with my mj plants.

4 Likes

We are going to do sign ups for The Freaker’s every January. But you would qualify to grow one of our varieties as an affiliate grower after your six months are up. We are going to cap the amount of people in the group each year to ensure that everybody gets a decent amount of seeds in that there are more to pass around to the rest of overgrow. We would be happy to have you join us.

4 Likes

For tomato plants also try basil, oregano and marjoram. Not only can all of these be used to make a kick ass sauce, but they also improve the vigor of your tomato plants, fight insects, and improve the flavor of your tomatoes that come off the vine.

3 Likes

Awesome. Thanks for the tips. I’ve got a couple basil plants I need to transplant into their final homes. I’ll test that out

2 Likes

I can believe this

3 Likes

That’s a tough one. Nothing has been changed officially regarding nomenclature. For now, Indica and Sativa are the terms people are familiar with( if they are familiar even with what they mean). To those people, Indicas are Afghan/ Pakistan type. Sativas are Tropical. We don’t want to confuse anyone. You can only educate people if they understand what you are saying.
I agree with you that the nomenclature needs to be changed, but I’m waiting for a universally accepted way of saying things to avoid confusion

4 Likes

For sure i agree that trip weed is an umbrella term, though if you are talking about cannabis which makes you feel like you are coming up on say shrooms then yes India does have cannabis that can make you feel that way, due to the fact that Ganja is everywhere in India if you search the right places, with a big sample size you are sure to find something trippy. For example, if you happen to go to Malana you will find that the charas is changes texture, smell, taste and high from villager to villager and every year its different, so you never get the same cream its the same if you travel north east or south to the ganja cultivating states every year cannabis is going to be different yet similar it all depends on time, luck, source and a lot of other small factors.

I have had the pleasure of consuming Super cream from Malana which would give you anxiety and i have super cream from the same place which was a lot more calming, similarly i have ganja from Aaraku which was very mellow and a very nice morning smoke and i have had flower from the same place which made me feel like i was comming up on shrooms.

@Upstate really liked kullu.

8 Likes

I appreciate the suggestions here; simple reset and was easy to find the seed in each plug.
seeds had only swelled and none had a tail yet.

I got a new bag of castings and setup the biodome tray with a layer and a towel cover to lessen the light level.
via the Temp sensor, the heat mat cycles 81-87 degrees…

fingers crossed…

6 Likes

Have you tried any kind of aloe vera soak to soften the seed shells? Or cracking the seeds? I’ll check the one I cracked three days ago when I get home and I’ll report back

3 Likes

I used a bubbler system called germination bomb with a seeds’n’such packet of GA with saltpeter.
i let it run for one hour to avoid drowning the seeds [based a previous comment]

2 Likes

rootfarmer, sorry to mention this but I do hope you wet the castings? It’s similar to the old ‘folded and wet paper towel in a plate’ method but just works a bit better lol Which also happens to be my second favorite method lol

3 Likes

good advice - yes i wetted the castings.

I also adopted @upstate use of a sponge for a base; esp. since I like to know where the beans sit.
i put a thin bed of fine castings on the sponge, then seeds, then another thin layer of castings again with a wetted paper towel cover into the biodome. I put a sensor close to the sponge to monitor temp/humidity inside the dome.

4 Likes

Honestly, there’s no need to bury the seeds, I lay on top of the castings and all goes very well. But, do as you want lol
any type of underlayment is no problem, I’d think…sponge or otherwise
I usually germinate hundreds of seeds at a time when I do it, that’s why I use a tray instead of the old wet paper towel lol

7 Likes

@rootfarmer sounds like you are doing everything you can. When I was reading a thread in icmag, titled germinating 25 year old Afghani seeds or something along those lines, the guy mentioned the use of vermicompost. Somewhere in time the industry started using the term castings and vermicompost interchangeably. They are not the same. I looked repeatedly online for actual vermicompost and was always led to plain old castings, which are awesome of course, but they are not vermicompost. The difference between the two is that vermicompost hasn’t been completely changed into castings yet, and because of that, the worms are still inhabiting the material, which makes it much more biologically active. Often when castings are sold, they are sold as vermicompost. Normally they have been dried out and much of the micro life must go dormant. I was using a brand out west called Blue Ribbon or something like that. It was only around $2 a pound, but you needed a hammer to break the earthworm castings apart. Although they are excellent for gardening, vermicompost works much better for cracking old seeds. I really think the only way any of us could get them is to own a composting bin and take it fresh.
It sounds like you are working with older seeds. Perhaps they just don’t have enough life in them. I admire your efforts and tenacity. Hopefully you are rewarded with some plant’s. Should you remain unsuccessful, no one can say you didn’t give it your best shot.

7 Likes

blow your wistle, bang your gong
roll up somethin to take along
it feels so good, it must be wrong…LOL

…the Dr Hook version of course.

Hell of a project. tracking.

5 Likes

Hope you guys don’t mind me asking here but it seemed a good place to call on your collective knowledge. I am visiting a relative that I provide care for and was discussing their needs, I had intended to do a CBG run but have instead been asked for very specific reasons to try for thcV . Researching on the medical threads leads me to believe I need to find either Vietnam black or Durban poison landraces . Where do you guys suggest a good source for beans of either of these or alternative thcV strains? .

4 Likes

@redjimp. Black Willie from Reeferman can have Extremely high Thcv.( 15% reported)
Malawi from The Landrace Team or Kwik seeds may have high levels.
Not sure whose Durban to recommend for High Thcv, but maybe again the Landrace Team Highland Durban or Lefthandseeds Triple Durban.
Highland Nepalese may have high THCV.

5 Likes

What about Kullu and Kerala? I was suspecting the long, energetic high I have read about might have to do with THCV, however I have not seen a cannabinoid test of either of them.

There is also THCVictory from Dutch Passion for $50 per seed :face_vomiting: Don’t know if it breeds well but if it does it screams for a group buy and free giveaway of thousands of seeds.

All based on the Vietnamese Black apparently. I really hope some seeds of that run make it my way somehow.

6 Likes

I think that thcv might be coming from The Nepalese…? I don’t know though. You would think bangi h a z e from Ace seeds, which uses that same Nepal, would have thcv. I’ll have to look into that. It could very well be that the Vietnam Black is providing the THCV. At this point we are still waiting for a male plant.
It makes sense that Indian varieties would contain THCV in some instances. I haven’t read about anything specific though.
Another one I heard can contain thcv is cannabis from Congo.

6 Likes