Freakin' With The Freaker's Ball Seed Collective

I’m about to start a new job/ move in 2 weeks. I would love to right now. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hey guys, i think the number 113 in the FBSC list is spelt wrong…
It’s Kodaikanal palani (not pallani)…

Kodaikanal palani

4 Likes

Shoutout to @Upstate, thank you my friend. The Oaxaca arrived today. Ill post when I start some.

31 Likes

That is awesome

3 Likes

I wanted to check to see if one of the full FBSC members would like to do a preservation run of Tom Hill’s X18.

It’s not as rare as it once was as several people have done these preservations but do think it is still a strain worth further preservation.

I got my Tom Hill X18 from Cultivators Choice. They reproduced their F2 from original packs so these reproductions I made are F3s.

I have about (30) seeds so it could be either one or two grows.

If someone is interested I’m looking for someone that can do them in the next 3-6 months so they don’t get tucked away in a fridge somewhere.

For the F3s I had one nice female, and used two males one tall pheno, and one shorter stockier pheno.

35 Likes

I just wanted to stop in and say thank you to the forward thinking people interested in preserving some of the rare landrace strains, especially long flowering sativas that are harder to come by.

I am not a member but hope to add some value in the future and thanks to the founding members for organizing this.

I just started germinating 5x snowhigh Guerrero green x Michoacán gpb and depending on the results I’ll likely pop the other 5 i have. I’ll be shooting for an open pollination. I’ll probably wait on that until late summer so I can run it outside without getting massive as I have a small space to work with.

I also have snow highs southern Mexican high mountain sativa (Michoacán x Chiapas) that I’d been vegging for a bit, with one female outside for a preview solo cup run, but I noticed the female dropped balls so I’m debating if I keep it or cull it. I’m thinking cull it and direct energy to the Guerrero/Michoacán since I have more of the high mountain seeds and they seemed to germ easily, I’d rather do seed runs on some of the aging gear first.

Anyway enough rambling - thanks all for the support and sharing your knowledge. :call_me_hand:

12 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I remember reading when the FBSC was started (I was really excited about the proj.) That all the strain would be available to members at some point. Is this still the case?

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Pallani is spelled both ways. One L or 2 depending on author.

2 Likes

X18 was preserved quietly last year. Anonymous breeder.

6 Likes

First priority with a Freaker run is sharing the genetics with fellow Freaky Preservationists. Once that mission is accomplished any extra seeds get spread around OG either thru a sign up, or like I have also done, by gifting sporadically to people that seem genuinely interested. The main goal is a seed increase and those of a similar mind get first dibs. Many old lines have inbred depression or only represent the genetic contribution of a few plants from multiple 1:1 mating, bottlenecking the genetics. We’ re in love with these old lines but are also trying to Introduce a new generation to the expanded genepool and to add possibilities when breeding work is done.
@elpolloloco. .Great name lol. I think you should pop those other 5 seeds soon😁

18 Likes

I’ve DM ed you regarding this bro…

1 Like

@Upstate I guess great minds think alike because I put the other 5 down yesterday afternoon! I’ll start another thread so I don’t sidetrack this one too much, but good on you for spreading the oaxaca around! I have some funny stories about a trip to oaxaca. That trip solidified my interest in real sativas. Great people, great food, great smoke!

It was quite a tense time politically so people were wary of outsiders asking around about La Mota… after 3 or 4 promising interactions that ended abruptly with locals changing their tone about helping us find some for reasons we didn’t know, we were over it and kinda sketched out. They were all like “sure we can help, wait let me get my friend” then all of a sudden they would get all stern and say please leave I can’t help and don’t tell anyone I talked to you kindA thing.

We stopped in a bar to get out of the rain feeling defeated on our quest for weed. The owner was complaining that he was behind the bar because his bartender is always late, then on our second drink the bartender strolls in just stinking of weed and red eyed!

We decided to hang around and chat this guy up for a while and after building some rapport we explained our struggle and he offered to split a “paqueta” with us for about $5 the next day. we got about 2 oz of some seeded but well grown buds wrapped in newspaper with some purple hues that he said were from “the hills”.

It was a great upper high that complimented the trip so well. By the time we had to leave I was planning to keep the seeds, but we had about 10 joints to smoke right before our return flight. I started to power them down before our flight and then saw some military guys searching people right before leaving, so I ditched the seeds outside the airport :cry:.

The funny part is I flew to northern mex then walked across the US border only to find a few burned roaches saved inside one of my bags! They didn’t find the burned roaches so they would not have found the seeds, but the paranoia got to me after powering down all those joints! Thanks for the trip down memory lane and I’ll let you know how the Guerrero green x Michoacán gpb goes!

11 Likes

Who has the Maruf lines from Durand Line project? This was a group buy and these are the best genetics of the purchase…
I gave away the best lines to the others that kicked money in for the purchase. I hope I didn’t spend $500 and get cut out of these. The intension with a GROUP purchase is that we all get seeds from reproduction runs from ALL of the Durand Line seeds. There is no way to get more of them.
I’m ready to repro a maruf line. I don’t care what color.

20 Likes

I sent some of those seeds to another OGer, and he told me none of them popped. They were weird looking seeds, and I thought maybe they were bad, so I dropped a pinch into some paper towels on 6/2. There were 21 of them, and every one of them is above ground.

It looks like there will be some more X-18 seeds at some point. :grinning:
:guitar:

23 Likes

I think @Barefrog is looking for these.

4 Likes

Hola Gang

How did I mist this thread

Sorry after reading the start
of the thread I realize it was
the wrong place to talk about
my x-18 experience.

Bare

13 Likes

Da Ole Stash Bag Logbook shows I have X-18!! This weekend I will check, get back with you, and if I do, they’re yours to run. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

11 Likes

I have 2 packs of maruf red F2 from RSSC I would be willing to donate for a repro if no one else has come through for you. Absolutely genetics that need to be increased and I do not have the space to do them justice currently.

14 Likes

Easily 100 Seeds. They are very convenient for seeds or little bud samples that you want to try before or at harvest. They are not air tight but could be dipped in wax I think. 2 seed vials will fit inside for sure.

5 Likes

You ever figure out who was in that group buy?

3 Likes