Freakshow with strong skunk terps

Hello,

I’m reaching out on behalf of a friend, and partly myself. We’re on the hunt for a visually discreet strain with the aroma of skunk. I’m not certain if anyone has ventured into this territory yet, but I’m open to trading, buying, or exploring any arrangement that could work. Thank you for taking the time to read my 100th post.

7 Likes

We have a few threads dedicated to subterfuge strains and even a member who’s working pretty heavy with ABC and ABC hybrids! You can definitely find them

2 Likes

I messaged one person but the search engine is a bit different from what I’m used to so I’m having trouble finding more

1 Like

@middleman is our resident mutant man… :wink:

Maybe he’d be interested in a trade or can help. He’s been doing a ton of work with ABC!

3 Likes

You think I’m the resident mutant guy, but the truth is, there are a few here that have more mutants and know a lot more about mutants than I do. Crunkyeah comes to mind.

That said, the ABC stuff I’ve done isn’t really that extensive (only two crosses), it just takes a long time because they have to be taken to third generation to know the seeds will produce mutant plants. I’ve documented most of my journey which makes it seem like I’ve done more than I actually have. And I’ve given out a fair amount of seeds along the way.

As far as a skunk smelling ABC, I have not come across one. In fact, it seems like the uncrossed ABC pine scent is alway the dominant smell in the crosses. I have not grown Drunken Bastard, but maybe it’s different because of the Sangria in it. Won’t be skunk though.

I have grown Supafreak, and I can’t remember the scent, but probably closer to skunk than ABC stuff.
I recently did a BerryFreak seed run and giveaway. Those have a very unique scent. I’m actually just finishing up some outside and they are much “skunkier” outside.

@SubzeroIceKold if you’d like to try any or all of what I have seeds for send me a PM. I’ve got a busy week ahead of me, so it may take me a bit to get them out.

I have:

ABC
(88G13HP x Sour Blutooth) x ABC
(Trainwreck x GG4 RIL) x ABC
Drunken Bastard
Supafreak (only a few)
BerryFreak (v1 x F4)
BerryFreak (F5) (limited amount)

I started a couple other ABC crosses, but didn’t get to 3rd generation.

11 Likes

You’re the mutant man that I was thinking about too lol I still have yet to dip my toes into the mutant pool but I do have my hands on some ABC fems

2 Likes

I think an interesting cross would be Freakshow x ABC. 2 mutants from separate parts of the world, who knows the possibilities. Anyone gone down that rabbit hole yet???

3 Likes

I remember reading this somewhere but I was stoned as fuck so… idk but I’m certain someone has.

I’ll send you a DM. Thank you @middleman !

2 Likes

I think you might wanna check this out.

:wink:

7 Likes

I seem to recall seeing some Freakshow a year or so ago which supposedly was selected for skunk aromas but after searching for a half hour or so I can’t seem to recall the breeder who offered it.

As far as ‘skunk’ terpenes go, I’m fairly certain if you want hardcore skunk terpenes you’ll have to breed it into existence. I have grown HSC’s Freakshow, HSC’s Supafreak, Canna Research Co’s BerryFreak, and Canna Research Co’s Menthol Skunk. All of these lines have strong myrcene smells, so they seem kind of ‘skunky’ to begin with. When you really smell them though your nose picks up on the berry/mint/floral notes and you hardly smell the myrcene.

As mentioned, all of the Freakshow varieties are ‘more skunky’ outside than they are indoors, that said my Menthol Skunk smells like mint and not like a skunk.

One of the problems with trying to find a plant like this is you need to find an early generation (ideally F3) to sort through for genetic variance and unfortunately all the Freakshow lines are well past F4.

I do know of some Freakshow hybrids which have made it onto the scene and those may be worth exploring for skunk-like terps. If there’s any desire I will post the hybrids I see available.

If I were hunting for a skunk-freak, I would plan to find any Freakshow female and then find a really skunky male to breed with her. Take the ‘skunkiest’ F1s to F2 and prepare to hunt through 200-300 seedlings until you can find like 3 or 4 really skunky pinnate types. It’s likely the easiest path to what you seek.

Yes, yes they have. It’s quite difficult to combine both leaf types. They seem to want to compete for dominance in the F2 generation so it’s tough to find phenotypes which carry traits from both leaf types. I haven’t done the experiment personally this is just mirrored from someone who has tried.

I will say I have an ABC x Freakshow hybrid which I bred with another ABC male and interestingly enough it seems to have made Freakshow-looking seeds. I may sprout 10 or so next year just to see how the seedlings turn out.

6 Likes

There’s one company that has what I need, but unfortunately, they don’t ship to the US. Terpys Mutant Genetics offers “menta de croco,” which is a cross between Menthol Skunk and Croco, the latter being a Freakshow hybrid of some kind. It looks and sounds absolutely intriguing.

I believe this will be my final search for my upcoming projects. I’ve managed to secure most of what I require and I’m eagerly anticipating making my mark here on Overgrow. I am eternally grateful for everyone in this community; I’ve never before encountered such a concentration of generosity. This is a truly special place. I’m committed to perpetuating that same spirit. That’s going to be my objective in the coming months, once I’ve sorted out a few more aspects of my life.

I believe the Supafreak that @middleman is providing will likely be perfect for my upcoming outdoor grow. Depending on how quickly these photoperiod strains finish, along with my next auto-reg project, I might even consider starting an entire batch of freaks in my indoor tents.

Thanks for hitting me up crunk ! You’re awesome bro.

1 Like

I watch Terpyz closely after they took over the Kalyseeds store. They seem like they have a good vision for mutant future so I really support them. That said, their croco cross is still very new. I believe right now they’re preparing for preorders. The plants are still growing. :grin: It does seem like they’ve done a fine job of specimen selection. Looks like they have one pinnate specimen and one freaky specimen. If you want a ‘freak’ you’re probably best off looking in the pinnate specimen. It’s likely it won’t be fully stabilized so you could find ‘freaky’ plants too.

If you need any help feel free to send me a DM. Welcome to OG and enjoy the wonderful family here. I’ll be eagerly waiting to see what you can accomplish! I’m sure it will be good. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you for opening your doors to me. I’ll keep it in mind once I have a few questions. I’m still learning with this rabbit hole after almost three years. My seed addiction has not been quenched just yet.

Have a great rest of your weekend brother :call_me_hand:t2:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.