Free the V from JadeNectar

I would be interested in trying a THCV strain. I would like to see what it could do to my medical condition. Good luck with the grow.

7 Likes

THCV has a few interesting things going on…

I did use lab testing to select my breeding plants - i selected the highest THCV:THC ratio plants and bred with those.

LEAF TESTING: THCV ratios to THC change dramatically throughout the life cycle of the plant, and this is what I have seen…

If a young plant has a lab leaf test of 2 THCV : 1 THC ratio, the final flower will probably be the opposite 1 THCV : 2 THC

Unlike CBD which keeps the same CBD:THC ratio from young leaves all the way to final flower, the THCV ratio changes throughout the plant lifecycle usually decreasing in THCV ratio in the flower.

ALSO - if you are going to do lab testing, make sure you lab tests for THCVa - if they only test for THCV (decarb), this will tell you nothing because in raw plants, it is in the acid form THCVa. Not all labs test for THCVa, so make sure they do before wasting your time and money.

Some people have reached out to me about doing light manipulation to increase THCV contact - UV and far infrared lights… I don’t know anything about this, but some people report being able to double THCV percentages by using these techniques… I grow purely outdoors, so I am just focused on breeding for THCV genetics without light manipulation, but I’d be interested in learning about ways to increase THCV if it were easy (and natural).

Hope that helps - peace

31 Likes

That is a very interesting observation… :thinking:

Cheers
G

6 Likes

the funny part is, one cant really feel the difference.

i guess there are other cannabinoids with similar effect probably…

so, when THCV goes down, those unknown similar Cannabionoids go up…

Atleast i never reallly felt like my Weed changed soooo drastically when harvested late /early/ middle

2 Likes

I did a quick search.

Cannabinoid Pharmacology

Ethan B. Russo, Jahan Marcu, in Advances in Pharmacology, 2017

" 2.6 Tetrahydrocannabivarin

Tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV) is a propyl analogue of THC most often encountered in low concentration in dried plant material, but in THCV-rich plants up to 16% THCV by dry weight has been recorded (Meijer & Hammond, 2005). Mechanistically speaking, THCV can behave as both an agonist and an antagonist at CB1 receptors depending on the concentration (Pertwee, 2008). THCV produces weight loss, and decreases body fat and serum leptin concentrations with increased energy expenditure in obese mice (Cawthorne, Wargent, Zaibi, Stott, & Wright, 2007; Riedel et al., 2009). THCV also demonstrates prominent anticonvulsant properties in rodent cerebellum and pyriform cortex (Hill et al., 2010). THCV appears as a fractional component of many southern African cannabis chemotypes, although plants highly predominant in this agent have been produced (de Meijer et al., 2003; de Meijer & Hammond, 2016). THCV has the CB2-based ability to suppress carageenan-induced hyperalgesia and inflammation, and both phases of formalin-induced pain behavior via CB1 and CB2 in mice (Bolognini et al., 2010).

Antagonizing CB1 receptors can suppress appetite and the intoxicating effects of THC. However, caution must be emphasized when developing CB1 receptor antagonists. Clinical studies in human populations studying the antagonists of CB1 receptors with the drug rimonabant (SR141716A) led to depressive episodes and potentially worsened neurodegenerative disease outcomes, and ultimately this drug was withdrawn from the market (McLaughlin, 2012). Despite this setback, SR141716A remains a very important research tool for unlocking potential medical treatments targeting the CB receptors and deepening the understanding of the ECS. Importantly, the neutral antagonism mechanism of action of THCV seems to be free of the adverse events associated with the CB1 inverse agonists (McPartland, Duncan, Di Marzo, & Pertwee, 2015)."

Now onto the CB2 receptor,
http://www.asaabstracts.com/strands/asaabstracts/abstract.htm?year=2014&index=3&absnum=6489

Background: Complex regional pain syndrome type 1 (CRPS-I) remains one of the most clinically challenging neuropathic pain syndromes with unclear mechanisms. In the spinal cord, microglial appears to be an initiator of allodynia in neuropathic conditions, and activated microglia express CB2 receptors. Chemokine fractalkine receptor (CX3CR1) is primarily located in the microglia and is essential for neuroinflammation. The role of CX3CR1 and CB2 in CRPS-I remains unknown**.** Currently, there is no effective symptomatic treatment for CRPS-I. Cannabinoid receptor 2 (CB2) agonists have emerged as promising therapy for many neuropathic pain syndromes. MDA7 is a novel selective CB2 agonist. We hypothesized that the CB2 receptor functions in a negative-feedback loop and that early MDA7 administration can blunt the neuroinflammatory response and prevent mechanical allodynia induced by chronic post-ischemic pain (CPIP) through interference with specific signaling pathways in CRPS-I.”

I can follow along with some of the technical language, basically says it may help with Allodynia. Allodynia is a symptom from a number of disorders, makes life real shitty for the people with it. Seems the THCV may help with mechanical Allodynia. In real life terms, it may not hurt to wear clothes again.

15 Likes

Oh heck yeah, Mr. JadeNectar himself here to bless the grow thread! I’m glad you made your way over here to see the interest. I appreciate the quick response to email.

I first heard about Free The V from Tao in a thread I made specifically about THCV strains. A lot of other high-V strains are mentioned there and some have source links, although ACE’s Ethiopian and Free The V appear to be the highest total THCV strains. Check it out: Strains high in THCV

Again, the stoke level is high. Medical benefits off the charts. CANNOT WAIT! :smiley:

8 Likes

I will be watching this!!!
:eye: :eye: :eye:

I hope to catch a spot when the wiki goes live too!
Psyched to give this THCV a try.

:robot:

9 Likes

this is gonna be awesome

5 Likes

This is some damn fine info I just read up here! :exploding_head:

Bring on the THCV; i’d breed with it as it sounds so wonderful!

8 Likes

Man, do you know how long it took me to get THC vs CBD right. Now you have to learn THC and CBD break downs… :crazy_face:

:green_heart: :seedling:

8 Likes

It’s always been science. Now we just need to master chronons! :timer_clock: :atom_symbol:

4 Likes

hey @Wuachuma this thread mite interest you mate :thinking:
amazin work @JadeNectar :green_heart: :green_heart: :green_heart: one love :om:
nice work @ElMasSabroso i’m watchin this one like a hawk :eyes: :eyes: :eagle:
~lime~

6 Likes

I’ll be following along as well. It’s all very interesting to me. I’d love to grow and breed with it as well. It’ll be so cool when science unlocks more of these cannabis mysteries.

Thanks for letting us all know about the project, @ElMasSabroso. Cool stuff. peace

6 Likes

Here is a video of Mr. Jade Nectar showing some Free the V plants at the end of their cycle.
From Istagram.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CfIYmoHFwaX/?hl=en

8 Likes

Those are really huuuuge plants :see_no_evil:, thanks for sharing … beer3|nullxnull

6 Likes

My pleasure.
I know and he grows them in 20 gallon pots.

5 Likes

And, he’s flowering under 18 hours of light!?? wtf!

I want some of those beans to breed with. Does he sell any of them? I know he says he gave away 900 packs.

4 Likes

sounds like @Mr.Sparkle music

5 Likes

Very cool project! I’ve never heard of THCV so I’m looking forward to following and learning with this one! :star_struck::raised_hands:

4 Likes

Wow! Sativa landrace galore, even if you ignore the entire green house of Free The V monsters. That video and his farm is a goldmine.

4 Likes