Free the V from JadeNectar

Starting this log to show my grow of JadeNectars Free the V. Hoping to do a seed increase and share them to members here for free. I haven’t directly received permission to do so yet. Although it does seem to be given in the flyer. Interested in y’all’s feedback on that.
Going to keep them indoors under 18/6 until I can get cuts of each pheno rooted.

Here is a shot taken today of the babies after transplant. They were mouthified DEM style and put into a wet paper towel 5/21/22. 16/16 alive and well. Keep ya posted🤙

70 Likes

Really interesting project, I always heard good things about THCV, it’s a pity they’re not for sale, following along … beer3|nullxnull

13 Likes

Very cool concept here, definitely gonna follow along!

7 Likes

I have mailed them to see if they can share the recipe for their nectar, we have good virgin olive oil here … :yum:

19 Likes

From their website, and on the back of the pack too
“ We hope that other cannabis breeders will continue to breed with these seeds to further increase the THCV potency. We also encourage breeders to explore the infinite possibilities of crossing THCV into other cannabis varieties, both landrace and hybrids. What would happen if THCV were crossed into some of the popular modern hybrids?”

Seems like they are open to just about any “open source” use of their beans. It doesn’t say specifically “seed increase” as an accepted use, but it most definitely seems to match their stated mission. They talk about
public domain and crowdsourcing, an OG seed run seems like exactly that.

And you know if you spread these on OG, they’re gonna get crossed with EVERYTHING!

Hit em up, says they’re interested in feedback.

In any case, I’m stoked about this, and will be keeping an eyeball on :+1:

23 Likes

So cool you were able to pick some of these up. Interested in watching this progress. Nice germ rate!

6 Likes

You have to remember, this is a long flowering sativa. It WILL (EDIT: see below for info from JN) flower under 18/6, consider 20/4 or 24 for veg. The Jade Nectar guy has posted about this recently on his instagram.

I can’t wait to see how this turns out. Good luck!

5 Likes

I agree with you. I reached out to him this morning on IG to get his explicit permission to increase and share🙏

8 Likes

I understood him to say they won’t trigger as long as they have 18/6 and they are not long flowering but you are welcome to your interpretation sir✌️

7 Likes

Love to learn of something new to me anyway. I’d love to grow these out. Smoking them, we would zero interest in. Juicing them, now there is where I think the plants use of THCV will be the most profound effects for our body will be at.
Yeah, I’d love to run a few of these for my wife’s needs.
EDIT: I wish Jade would realize some of us are not in free states. I’ve never allowed my state to dictate what we use as medicine. So yeah, I’ll jump through some hoops to give them a go.

8 Likes

Perhaps I misread it. I went back to the instagram post I read before and I’m unsure exactly. Here are the posts I saw, plus a little extra info from them for the thread.

But, you’re the bossman @ElMasSabroso ! You’re the one Freeing The V right now, I’m not running these plants (yet :wink: ) so I will absolutely defer to you and Mr. Jade Nectar for the nitty gritty grow results. Sounds like there is still a lot of variability.

And for those who have asked about the semiauto / ‘18 hour flower’ trait, and whether it reverts to veg when the days get longer… today is June 7, getting close to Summer Solstice (longest day of the year), and finishing off nice and chunky with zero re-veg… and this is in full natural sun, no light dep… I don’t own a dep tarp :slight_smile:

NOTE: these are not ruderalis autoflowers – absolutely no biological clock in these – the ’18 hour flower’ are 100% photosensitive, and the hours of light per day is the only variable that triggers flower.

So hope this helps demonstrate how the 18 Hour Flower can be grown outdoors in natural sun anytime of year, and can be harvested on the longest day of the year if you want! If you want to veg longer, just ADD light to 20 hours or more per day, and they will stay in veg as long as you want. (they can get huge – 10 pounds if you want, and have the root space)

The other phenos (all from the exact FREE the V seed packs we gave away earlier this year – we gave away 900 packs of seeds in Bay Area) are about 2 weeks behind this one, but they are deep in flower as well without any signs of re-veg.

Why not grow a chunky bonus round in the Spring outdoors before the bugs and fires?!

And you can clone these as well - they are EXACTLY the same as ‘normal’ full season cannabis plants - the only difference is they flower hard when the light goes under 18 hours per day (every day of the year in California).

FREE the V - THCV – at about 19 weeks from seed germination (just under 5 months).

JUNE 17, 2022 – seeds popped February 1.

We plan to start harvesting the ripest flowers on Summer Solstice (June 21), the longest day of the year, further demonstrating that our ’18 hour flower’ semi-auto genetics can be flowered outdoors under the natural sun cycle any time of year. These flowers are not re-vegging at all, only getting chunkier and frostier by the day – even as the days got longer! :blush:

Flower period: 9-11 weeks depending on pheno (we also have a 7 week version set of seeds)

We feel the 18 Hour Flower trait provides a great option for outdoor growing agility – allowing cultivators a bonus round outdoors that is harvested in late June/early July, just when many outdoor cultivators are putting their full season plants out in the garden. So one can lock in a bonus harvest without interrupting the full season plants in the garden. Also, one can lock in a clean harvest before fire season…

FREE the V has about 7 distinct pheno types (color, flower structure, terps, flower time, etc), so lots of options for breeding selection. We are currently crossing a number of our favorite long flowering landrace sativas (Thai, Madagascar, Malawi, Uganda, Congolese) to see if we can breed in the 18 hour flower trait, while preserving the electric psychedelic effects of these amazing landrace sativas…. The THCV in Free the V does not weigh down sativas the way Indica x Sativa crosses can get ‘heavy’. The V actually keeps the effects clean, clear, and uplifting.

Anyway – we’re excited. Hope ya’ll are having fun playing with the V

My interpretation is that Free The V is basically acting like an automatic, but will go into a veg like a photoperiod with 20hr or more of light. Best of both worlds unless you’re trying to run it 100% outdoors in a place where the light might be ~12 hours in the spring.

Again, I’m STOKED to see this project happen, I’m very interested in the medical benefits of this cannabinoid in particular. So much potential. Can’t wait to see it get spread around.

16 Likes

Awesome! I’m glad your growing these out.
I am sure Mr. Jade Nectar will be happy to hear you are continuing the V distribution as well. He means for these to be given to everyone who wants them. So your good to go there.

Here are images of three phenos of the V.

I hope all goes well for you and the V.

28 Likes

cool , if they would have freed the Landraces that they bred this from (pure sativa) that would be double cool.
ive seen pics of them, and their sativas loked like 70s stuff, really authentic

9 Likes

I’m intrigued

Tagging along

4 Likes

I have heard lots of good stuff about THCV, I believe it will be in weight-loss formulas for whoever can get past the FDA. Appetite Suppressed is an issue many struggle with in our modern societies.

I saw a trial where no change was done to the people in the control or intervention groups(as far as exercise or diet) except addition of THCV in some dose, I can’t remember off hand to the intervention group. The intervention group had major glycemic changes after taking the THCV formula.

I will be following along :sunglasses:

5 Likes

seems like classic OG to me. :+1:

I don’t get excited about much, but this project certainly has my attention.

hope this venture is fruitful :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

They have a section on their website about their about their observations of thcv and how it impacts appetite. I posted the link above. :+1:

3 Likes

This is Jade Nectar responding - a few overgrow members contacted me through our instagram account @jadenectar, so I signed up on overgrow to respond.

1: We gave away over 900 packs of Free the V - THCV rich seeds - through California cannabis shops over the past few months - we gave them away for free.

2: Yes - anyone who wants to do seed increases, share with others, whatever you want - go ahead. We released these seeds for free because we would like to see THCV easily accessible to EVERYONE. So go spread the love anyway you can.

3: The universe created cannabis and all of the cannabinoids, terpenes, and other phytonutrients… humans should not try to claim ownership. Cannabis medicine should be available to everyone… so spread the love anyway you can.

4: We cannot ship seeds right now because it could risk losing our California cannabis license that took years to get…

5: But any of you can seed increase, ship around the world, make your own crosses, select your own phenos, do anything - I put the seeds out for FREE with zero limitations, and really hoping people will share them - AND breed with them to continue to increase the THCV content, make cool crosses, or whatever you want.

THCV is a mysterious awesome cannabinoid with incredible medicinal potential (great recreational effects as well). There are pharma companies and other corporation that would like to own THCV as medicine and the genetics… which is about the most uncool mindset imaginable towards a plant that was created by the universe and could help so many people.

So Jade Nectar put these seeds out there in the public domain for FREE to counter the pharma/corporate cannabis hijacking that is taking place these days.

So go share the love ya’ll -

ALSO - I appreciate the people who reached out to us to make sure it was OK to do a seed increase. Very kind and respectful to check in/ask. Really appreciate and respect that you thought to ask first.

And my answer to your question is YES - please make more seeds and share them with everyone!

• Peace - Jade Nectar
51 Likes

Yeah, I didn’t see any studies, just opinion based on flower, which is a very small dose in terms of MG. Just like with CBD flower, you ain’t going to get much effect from a gram of bud, which is a lot to smoke at one time. :peace_symbol:

1 Like

I saw this in their webpage:

and found this in my country: ejem|nullxnull

https://www.aceseeds.org/en/etiopestd.html

significant THCV content of 2%

maybe I will give her a try … beer3|nullxnull

@JadeNectar, great to have you here, what you’re doing is wonderful, I hope I will have an opportunity to grow your stuff, thanks for sharing … beer|nullxnull

13 Likes