Froggy's Pharmhouse

Thank you for the encouragement! My next big decision will be when to chop.

This plant looks pretty damn ready, the other one not so much. Still lots of white hairs and some clear trichs, but maybe the white hairs are deceiving me. A dedicated tent for drying and curing would really come in handy right now.

Both day 60 below

Only the top most colas look this faded on the second plant

12 Likes

Lovely flowers with the purple highlights

4 Likes

Very enjoyable smoke in your near future

4 Likes

Day 63 of flower, thinking about giving them the chop tomorrow. Any guidance is appreciated. Bit of a better look at the plants in the linked video, sorry for lower quality.

Video

13 Likes

I thumbed the video, nice work :+1: gives your grow the feel that can’t be had with a picture. Looking forward to your decision on the harvest timing, when it happens I know it’s gonna be excellent. Here is some 411 about your current situation.

https://overgrow.com/t/when-should-i-harvest-my-plants/184

2 Likes

I dont think these look ready just yet but hard to judge without seeing trichomes. Just thinking they might fatten up a little more if you let them go. Most of those little smaller buds will dry up to a out the size of a piece of popcorn.

4 Likes

I hear you. I’m not super concerned with yield, as another user is running the same strain and their buds were giants at day 30 compared to mine at day 60. My stance is that waiting for them to get any bigger will leave me with more amber than I’m shooting for. Will be upgrading my light in another grow or two. Trichs are basically 80% cloudy 20% amber on one plant and 95/5 on the other.

3 Likes

I harvest when they are mostly cloudy. If you have 80% clear you are prob weeks away from a harvest

2 Likes

Sorry, meant cloudy. Edited. Will be doing more aggressive trimming of lowers next run too, just trying not to do too many new things at once.

2 Likes

Well 80% cloudy I’d harvest too

2 Likes

Those look great @froggys_pharms, I speed dryed a bottom bud of mine overnight and I am super happy with how this strain grew. They branchy pheno would be a scrog growers dream. Excellent job bro.

3 Likes

Thanks man! I am chopping tomorrow. Will definitely update with pics after cure and a smoke report.

4 Likes

Here are some shots from the day after trimming. I ended up with 106g from 2 plants, about 2 grams of kief, a tupperware of trim and two small balls of hash from the clippers. This stuff has smelled amazing the entire time. Plant 1 smells like tropical, gassy berries and plant 2 is more like sour berries. The kief tastes incredible and I’m over all very happy with the results of my first grow.

I didn’t trim them extremely close so there’s a few little leaves here and there, but at least they’re damn sugary. The few nugs I’ve tested have been smooth and pretty strong, but I’m willing to leave these alone for a few weeks to let their flavor come out more in the smoke. Thanks again for the medicine @Sebring & @Mongobongo!

18 Likes

Great job. Buds look yummy. :v:

5 Likes

Quarter pound of quality smoke is always a good thing

5 Likes

Nice haul @froggys_pharms. Looks great.

3 Likes

Great Harvest, I am definitely impressed. Way to OG!

2 Likes

Just to kind of put an end cap on the Oregon Huckleberry chapter here are some buds after a week of cure. They already taste great. I might post another picture down the line when they’re fully cured, but I kind of want to get a new grow started.
Pheno 1

Pheno 2

12 Likes

I dont know which looks better…the bud or the photography. Both are impressive

4 Likes

On to the next grow.

For my second go around I decided to plant some Blue Tara F2s, again from @Sebring and bred by @schmarmpit. Thanks to both of you! These pictures are around day 10 from sprout. Nothing too exciting yet, all three germinated and sprouted though so that’s awesome.

Something that does have me concerned is the waviness of the leaves. Does this look like heat or light stress to anyone? Tent stays at 70-75F and 50-60 RH. 150 watt light is about 26 inches away.

Still smoking on the Oregon Huckleberry of course. It cured up really well and is one of the more powerful Indicas I’ve ever smoked. These are still some of the lower buds but the picture doesn’t do them justice.

13 Likes