Froggy's Pharmhouse

Glad to see these Blue Tara F2s spread all around, before the Spring mailer even went out!

What’s your soil composition? Feeding anything yet? Looks slightly yellow possibly from pH or lockout of some sort. The wavy leaves aren’t a big concern, especially that first set. But the color does look a bit off. Maybe it’s just the lighting?

Here’s the parents at the same age for reference, and a bud shot to keep you going.

10 Likes

Thanks, the bud looks awesome! It could be the lighting, I’ll get some better pictures soon. Soil is half Happy Frog and half SoHum and I haven’t really fed anything yet besides a few scoops of worm castings in each cup at the very start. Using RO water around 7 pH.

2 Likes

@schmarmpit I believe you were correct when you said my plants needed to be fed. They looked worse the day of transplant and have been slowly bouncing back over the last few days. I should have transplanted a day or two earlier. They have resumed growing and all survived which is good though.

I’ll admit this was my mistake. I didn’t take the time to recharge the soil from my last run well enough. Each mistake will make the next grow even better though lol. I top dressed a bit more with worm castings and some bone meal as well, so hopefully the boost in N will take hold in the coming days. I’d say these mistakes are more minor than the problems I had during my first grow and I’m still smoking the delicious bud from that, so I’m not too worried.

Sorry the pictures kind of suck, I’m still dialing in the settings on this phone.

7 Likes

Back on the green(er) side of things. Planning to top in the coming week or so, then make the final transplant a few days after that.

5 Likes

Hey all,

Been a while since I updated, things are just starting to get interesting anyway. I’ve mostly fixed the issues from earlier, chopped down one male, and am left with a 3 foot female and about a foot and a half female. The one plant could take up the whole tent easily.

Starting to get a little bit of that ‘blue’ around day 24 of flower.

The tent lighting with my phones camera kind of looks like shit. Eventually going to look for a new camera.

5 Likes

Beautiful plants…cant wait to grow mine out

2 Likes

Hey OGers. Small update with a shot from around day 30 of flower. Not a strong smell when I open the tent at all, but I can tell these flowers should have extreme bag appeal as long I grow them out right. When I rub a sugar leaf I do get a hint of berry hash.

7 Likes

Actually on day 39 of flower now to be exact.

Taller, stronger plant. Doesn’t smell that strong though, starting to get a hint of the nutty aroma I’ve heard about.

Smaller plant in a smaller pot. (Less pot = less pot I guess). This one actually smells stronger and really sweet.

6 Likes

Day 44 of flower. Starting to bulk up a bit. I’m happy to see even the lower buds on the plant forming really nicely.

8 Likes

Day 52 of flower. Definitely some light/heat stress effecting the higher nodes. These things stretched more than expected! Nevertheless, I’m pretty happy with bud production all over the plants. 2 weeks or so left if I had to estimate.

10 Likes

Day 58 of flower, decided to try a little something and put an old school loupe up to the camera. It’s only 8X but gave some cool looking shots. Awesome to see the purple climbing up some of the trichs when zoomed in.

9 Likes

Blue Tara chopped and hung, day 69 after 24 hours of darkness. Didn’t take the time to take any pretty bud shots, but don’t worry. These things will be shown off in all their glory in the coming weeks.

Also I didn’t forget about you @Comacus, I’ll be germinating 4 of the Old School Pakis by next weekend.

9 Likes

Your Blue Tara looks great. I really liked the Blue Tara when I ran it. Look like some nice, frosty, chunky buds!

I look forward to watching you run the Old World Paki! Thank you.

3 Likes

I may have lied, I will post this bud shot for everyone’s viewing pleasure. Got curious and popped one of the lowest buds off a branch for a tester. This is after only one day of hanging, so really not dry at all. I’m still letting it dry for a few more days before thinking about smoking it haha.

It won’t be as good as the fully dried and cured stuff of course, but the stickiness and aroma it leaves behind on my fingers really makes me wish I had a press to make some live rosin.

Never shared this one from a week ago…can’t wait for this nug in particular to be cured. Quite a few ping-pong ball shaped nugs on this plant.

9 Likes

Trimmed up the plants on day 5 of drying, keeping conditions as close to 60% RH and 60 degrees as possible. There wasn’t a whole lot of mass so 5 days is all they needed.

While trimming I was getting some strong berry and grape notes. But God damn Bodhi didn’t lie in their description of the strain at all! After a single day of cure these buds smell like hot, buttered blueberry muffins fresh out of the oven. Can’t wait to smoke some of it.

My 4 gallons total grow yielded 68 grams, pretty low but I did have some problems in the beginning. Also got 1 gram of hash off the trimmers and 2 grams of amazing, light green tasty kief. The kief is going to hold me over until the buds are nice and cured.

Here are some nugs directly after trim. Will update with more pictures after cure. As for the next grow, I have begun germinating 4 Old World Paki seeds.

4 Likes

Great looking buds!

Looking forward to following along on the Old World Paki!

3 Likes

My 3rd grow has officially begun! Documenting this one a bit closer than usual to help @Comacus test the strain out, so thank you again to them!

The Genes

The Beans - 1 day soaking in water, then 2 days in the paper towels. I don’t like to have long, fragile taproots. Just a little nub is enough for me to put them in the soil. All 4 germed.

and the Clean…tent with the seeds planted. Nothing like a fresh start.

6 Likes

I’m looking forward to watching these! Thank you for running them!

3 Likes

By the third day of being planted, all 4 have sprouted. Day 1 of Veg has officially begun.

6 Likes

Day V5. So far, so good. Have watered them once since they’ve sprouted and they’re all pretty neck-and-neck with each other. Added a little more soil to each cup after this picture for added stability.

6 Likes