Full Moon Sown, March 27th, 2021 - 180 GDP Auto (F4)

Wow, I don’t know what to say to that. That totally sucks bud, I feel for you.

4 Likes

Wow man, you should totally put them on blast with a YouTube live stream, keep the phone hidden until they admit it with their voice, then expose the mofo to the world lol :joy:

1 Like

Sad to see your efforts fail at the hands of others.
Retribution through vengeance will only compound your situation. Find a peaceful way to sort it out.

Grace and Peace

2 Likes

Damn i cant like this post. Sour mfs. I was just getting hooked in the thread too. Id be severely pissed but life goes on dont get in trouble. Pop more seeds.

1 Like

That is the last video update filmed before the damage. Will update soon.

Thanks for the wise words everyone. I have many seeds to sow. We just left Virgo, and right now the full moon is in the favorable air sign of Libra. Have six 1020 flats with 72 cell liners filled and ready to go. But I think I’ll do more.

4 Likes

So sorry this happened to you. It’s a set back, but not a loss. Keep focused and remember there will always be people who want to see you fail. (We can call them losers :poop:.) Karma will get them at some point. :grinning: I love your growing space. Can’t wait to see more popping up soon :seedling: @seven_trees

3 Likes

https://i.ibb.co/4Z08brZ/IMG-3010.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/pvd3r2p/IMG-3019.jpg

GDP statistics from this season:

1st Sow (full moon): 180 seeds
Emergence: 163 seeds (91%)
2nd Sow (8 days later): 18 seeds
Emergence: 17 seeds (94%)
Emergence Total (GDP): 180/198 seeds (91%)

Field planted: 106 plants
Slug damage (stunted): 16 plants
Slug damage (killed): 4 plants
Slug damage (total): 20 plants
Runts & Stunts: 4 plants
Vandalism damage (stunted): 40 plants (ripped out & replanted)
Vandalism damage (killed): 16 plants
Vandalism damage (total): 56 plants
Replacements installed: 14* plants
*edit

Standing Males: 19
Standing Females: 6
Standing unsexed: 21
2nd wave unsexed: 14
Remaining plants (total): 60

These statistics are from basic tallies. If a plant was damaged and male, it provided two tallies. If it was slug damaged, vandalized, and male, it drew three tallies.

From the original 160+ plants the 106 best were planted; the remaining were shared with neighbours, planted around the property, or moved into 1 gallons. In hindsight moving all excess plants from 20oz cups to 1gallons, and holding them for longer would have been advantageous.

Of the 17 second-wave seedlings, 14 showed vigor enough to provide adequate replacement.

I am left with 35 unsexed, 19 males, and 6 females.
Of the 35 unsexed, 14 of them are 8 days behind.

The first wave of ripening will be 6 to 27 females.
The second wave of ripening will be 0 to 14 females.
The total females seen of GDP this season: 6 to 41

Current crop’s displayed F:M ratio: 6:19 or 32% Female

Estimated final female GDP phenotypes I will observe from 1st and 2nd plantings (late June through July): 35 unsexed x .32 = 11.2 likely females + 6 confirmed females = 17.2 likely Females

I do not know if it was chance or purposeful, but it seemed as if all the plants with blue tags to indicate Male sex, were left unharmed; while the majority of the damage was inflicted upon unsexed (unknown) plants. I did not check the destroyed/decapitated plants for gender.

Last year in the same location I direct sowed 300 GDP seeds and saw 7 females make it through the season. The losses were to slugs, wood/pill bugs, rats, deer, drought, and molds.

All things considered, despite the potential that was lost, I have hope for this GDP project.

However, I have sown another 432 seeds this full moon cycle and I intend to cull and replace unwanted GDP males and stunted GDP plants in the field, early this May. New starts by a full moon, going into warm weather will flourish and stand a good chance to outpace many of the GDP which were damaged in the re-planting effort. Anything which develops as a stunted dwarf, be it the result of transplant shock, slugs, genetics, and so on will simply be replaced. As well, to pivot and regain what crop potential I can from the season, I will be making much earlier male selections to sooner cull the remainder. Of the 19 current males, 6 already display purple coloration and will serve as suitable candidates. It is most likely that I will choose males in the next 10 days.\

Videos uploading.

9 Likes

This two-part update concerning climatic conditions was filmed a few hours before the damage occurred:

The next day, damage summary:

3 Likes

Lot of on and off rain, overcast. Seedling replacements in trays hardening:

216x GDP F4 auto seeds sown.

6 Likes

Alright, so most of the GDP (f4) replacements are sorted out. The field is almost full again, with 1-4 seedlings in each planting site, to account for males and slug damage. Seeing some great males, have looked at about 70 total by now and chosen 20 of them for observation, and have since selected 4 of them for quarantine and pollen collection, while leaving a 5th (high vigor late maturing) to swing pollen around in the field as it matures in coming weeks. These five males will contribute to open pollination of several GDP females, to bring the line to F5. Some of these males will be used in select pollination crosses.

Deep/Pure Purple Male:
https://i.ibb.co/cgybhmL/IMG-3051.jpg May 13
https://i.ibb.co/sb9csWq/IMG-3046.jpg May 13
https://i.ibb.co/DgJz199/IMG-3074.jpg May 21

Vigorous Bulky Purple-Striped Male:
https://i.ibb.co/HGCPqwy/IMG-3050.jpg May 13
https://i.ibb.co/RNkYY7p/IMG-3072.jpg May 21

High Vigor Dense Cluster Purple Male:

Bucket of culled males, post-observation:

Lost a week of update videos. Thought I copied it all to my hard drive before I formatted the card. Some recent updates from May 13 and 21 are uploading at the moment.

14 Likes

Sounds like a good asswhippin’ is in order. That’s terrible! You could get shot around here for such behavior. Maybe some old school Princess Di land mines?

Blessings…

:cowboy_hat_face::chile:

3 Likes

There are just some “assholes” around in this world, sorry to hear about this. And I don’t suppose there is much you can do about it either.

Lowlifes, anyway good luck and grow safely

Cheers Johnny

5 Likes

Watching along, sorry you had to face all that adversity! Sending good vibes and sunshine your way! :heart::sun_with_face:

3 Likes

Thanks for the support and encouragement y’all.

4 Likes

Damn. Sorry to hear. Be careful, damage is done. Stay free.
I’ll be watching.

2 Likes

May 13 Video Updates

3 Likes

I like the look of the male you picked-

Would you do the full moon plant at day? night?
Noon?
Would tides effect planting?
Low tide? High tide?

1 Like

Your doing a great job :clap::+1: Exciting seeing the progress. I like you you document… :heart:

Anyways keep up the hard work ,)

3 Likes

Or …or some organic boobie traps…poison ivey,sumac,oak…
or make some peace between them, and put them to work in the project.
Fix what is broken.
Make friends not enemies?

Grace and Peace

2 Likes