Nepal x Deimos Selection Project

As this project is involving a few people and an undocumented cross, I thought a new page made sense
Heres some pics of the parent plants, they were sprouted in paper towel and stuck in the compost bag, no intermediate step.
Sprouts planted 28th May 2018 All above ground by 30th May

June 9th 2018

June 23rd 2018

July 8th 2018

August 5th 2018

September 9th 2018

Mother - October 3rd 2018

October 7th Early seeds

Full Harvest October 20th 2018

What follows is the original post

Been through the seeds, lots of duds
I can give 3 people 10 seeds each I would hope you could grow them all out and select.
I will be selecting for earliness/quickness (if F2 I’ll select “fast version”)
but you select for what you like and then we can swap back again

@_randomguyinthewoods Do you want some of these seeds? preference for being guerilla

@cannabissequoia want some?

@ReikoX I said you could have some as I know you like autos - these could be anywhere between full photo and auto and I know you have small spaces, still have some earmarked for you though.

As said preference to someone who will make seed/selections

Seed Description:
They are purple to the end and smell exactly like perfume in flower from a distance
(literally thought there was a woman near my plot :grinning:)
I would have to guess they have a balanced cannabinoid profile, very mellow/mild/chill high.
smell of bud is flowery with spice/incense and a background of menthol/mint, which I would say is classic Nepal from my limited experience.
I assume these are an F1 variety (F2 seeds) but really wont know until they get grown out and we see if they are stable or all over the shop

9 Likes

I would be interested in adding these to my gene pool. Not too sure when I would get to them though. I have a lot of irons in the fire. Hit me up in PM and well work out a trade or something. :+1::seedling:

4 Likes

I do, but like ReikoX it might be a full year before I can get to them so it’d be 2020 outdoor, only because OG has been so good to me this year AND I made my own this year for the first time. It’s about a week until the seedpatch get’s harvested here so I’ll want to get my beans all accounted for. Also have to remember it’s not going to Canada :smile: so I’d better send tea biscuits & something relevant. :thinking: :envelope:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

I’m down. My year keeps shaping up haha :v:send me a pm man.

1 Like

@_randomguyinthewoods done

@cannabissequoia Well if thats the case I’ll try and find someone else who can run them between now and then, I can send you some of next years run.
It should be better in theory. I really wish I could just send out seeds to everyone, still a few plots left to harvest so we’ll see.

So one more ten pack that I hope someone will run for me/us who can do it
@Worcestershire_Farms I saw you hanging round on the street corner… Play?

2 Likes

Sure, if you need another volunteer I can do a quick seed run for ya.

3 Likes

A poor memory makes for nice surprises every now and then.
:innocent:

:imp:

Aight, You’re one of the only people who have documented the Nepal x Deimos cross, so I went back through the thread again and scratched a couple notes.

:spy: There’s journals on Buddha Seeds Deimos, a seventh generation Northern Light x Unknown Autoflower. Average time to show sex is around day 30 and harvest date is usually ~11 weeks from seed. For the most part they all look like they could go a little longer than that, tho.
Do you have any info on the Nepal? The grower listed on freespore is “Piedracelta” which didn’t lead me to anything of substance. Where’s @MiG at when we need him?

Being a true F2 these seeds should yield a couple autoflowers. The plan as of yet is to run them all under 24/0 for five weeks and then keep the photos in stasis while the autos flower.

4 Likes

My plan was to do the same thing and find the true autos first. What would happen if i saved the pollen from an auto (if i get one and it’s male) and pollinated the regular photo with it? Wouldn’t that make the next gen more likely to be full auto?

2 Likes

iirc, there’s a 3 way spread of auto, photo, fast photo in the progeny & if you want more auto you need 2 or, to self one…

but that’s just underinformed babble

:smile:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Cool beans, sounds like we all ended up on the same wavelength in the end - re:the plan :grinning:
Glad they got there safe @Worcestershire_Farms
The only thing I can say on the Nepalese is it seems like a true landrace or close to it.
It has the effects and growth pattern (F1 was 7ft tall), fully square stems, flowers, perfume and incense smell, nice mild, happy, meditative, therapeutic high. purpled in the cold all throughout the buds. Not a massive resin producer.

Does not have generic skunk smell, first plant I think has ever finished here and been productive that didn’t, although I wouldnt expect NL to impart any smell…
The Deimos doesnt seem to have imparted stone/effect to the cross (in the F1 at least)

Anyway, Im excited to see what you both find, i dont think @ReikoX will be joining in this round but he may be interested to know what he has.

@_randomguyinthewoods yep what @cannabissequoia said need to cross 2 or more autos to stabilise for autos. you can self but thats not my cup-o-tea
If these are a true F2 seed, I believe we should expect 25% Auto / 25% Photo / 50% Semi-Auto

4 Likes

So good news and bad news, I pulled the Nepal as they were starting to get mould
they have produced some seed but no where near as much as I was hoping. Im not sure if this is a genetic or cold thing? (pictured is the best pickings)
They seemed to ripen the seeds that were along the stem but the majority in the “buds” were either formed but small or green and improperly formed.
so I have some seeds drying out now and some chaff still to work through
This does not bode well for the rest of the plants as these are the earliest variety and was kinda expecting these to be my fallback should everything else go wrong.
I was hoping to be able to hand a load of seeds out this year, that was the reason to open pollinate after all…
Im not sure how many people would even be intrested in F2’s of a auto/photo cross with all its instabitlity issues
Can only hand out a few batches of seeds
I would give preference to anybody who would like to help stabilise the lines into Auto/Fast and Photo lines as the high is really worth it IMO not for a lot of you but for a mellow smoke smoker, like me

TLDR; Looks like I can only offer a few people seeds of the Nepal x deimos, if you want some, may only be enough for a couple of peeps, you’ll need to help with the next run.

Missed this post when moving so its out of order, my bad

6 Likes

Following an overnight soak, the seeds were planted in 6oz of 50% peat, 50% coco, 50% perlite :confused: :spy: :ok_hand: :wink:

Sterilized in a ziploc bag at normal moisture content, left open to prevent an explosion, 5 min in a microwave. Then it’s left somewhere warm for a half hour while you roll a joint, squish some dabs, pitch some yeast or what have you. If you want to be safe, a thermometer will let you know when to innoculate with your preferred microbe source, I just use Mykos cuz it’s cheap, and mix it right into the soil before planting.

There’s only 12 seeds and IIRC the expected ratio on a large scale would be 25% Auto, so let’s hope luck is on our side and these twelve are 25% of a batch of fifty. :thumbsup:

---_

Let’s play devils advocate and assume the worst result, that there is not at least one male auto and one female auto. If this F2 generation contains Photos, Fast-photos, and Autos, what would the expected population of the F3s look like?
Better question. Is there a way to tell the Photoperiod (AA) from the Fast-Photos(Aa)

4 Likes

I’m doing something similar
Auto white widow xxl female (dinafemseeds)x skylotus male ( bodhi Seeds) some are flowering outdoors after 45 days but most are still vegging

5 Likes

@Billybob Is that the F1 you’re running right now?

your finger makes for an amazing smoggy sunset :smile:

:christmas_tree:

3 Likes

Haha had to use the front camera on the phone back one is scratched haha

1 Like

Yeah there f1 . I did auto ultimate fem x indica photo male last season for experiment. Turned out great about 90 percent flowered 3 montges before the photo strains and the rest were Finnished a month before my first photo strains were harvested. Perfect for early cold areas.

2 Likes

Gorden if you happen to do another seed run and have extra I’d be interested to throw some outside this spring ! Love your dirt bale pots great idea for bush growing do you cut slits in the bottem of the bale for drainage?

This is cool, thanks for playing. Im really exited about this as it is such a vigorous strain,
On the low number of seeds as I understand it if you were to only get one male auto and save the pollen and chuck it on the “fast” plants they should have recessive aut traits so you would still get some auto, albeit a season/grow later.
Obviously doesnt work if the only auto is female but fingers crossed for at least 3 eh be nice not to bottle neck it too much

1 Like

Ok I managed to make a 12 pack up for you, it a mix of 3 early 3 mid 3 late seeds and 3 of the original F1 so you can be our Bx master.

Id like you to promise to grow all 12 out and allow them to cross, as I will be giving up the last of my stash (backup seeds).
You can select/cull as you see fit but more seeds is the name of the game, then pay it forward on the OG.
Think of it this way, you’ll always have enough seeds every year after…
Please make this promise to me and send me your address via PM
Ill get em sent out in the new year.
:om_symbol:

3 Likes