Fun with hole diggin

I can’t remember which Cheech and Chong movie it was but the topic of ‘sickly looking’ weed came up and the answer was “piss on them and they’ll perk right up”
I’m paraphrasing badly. But my point is (I think I still have one) :rofl: That is solid old school hippy advice. :+1: and it’s organic!! :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Shhh don’t let the secret out! Lol any there’s people here that states it hypes our EGO! Whatever Is my response! !it’s just an overall better thing for the earth ! Plastic bottles , all that measuring BS , extra equipment , phosphorus run off that gets in the waterways and ends up with Hugh dead areas in the gulf I just don’t get it , you two are doing the right thing I haven’t had any dispensary weed that was worth talking about and tastes like chemical most if not all the time … nice clean high is all Iv every had with my own!

4 Likes

I’d say watch with blood meal amounts , large amounts combined with carbon Like stuff can start cooking organic matter in soil I personally do use it for that reason … I would use it in creating a compost pile for a N source, EWC provides a decent amount of N is all ya need ! Do you access to down to earth products? I like their all-purpose amendment has over 1/2 dozen good things added to it I top dress with it occasionally.

4 Likes

Not sure if you had a chance to check out my thread “ magical potions and elixirs “ taking from a a book I had , that is a master gardener jerry baker I believe is his name ! PISS is a good N source and yes I do piss in my ortho sprayer and water my lawn with it! Doesn’t cost me anything other than the sprayer cost and water usage!

Takes me about 2 sessions to fill it ! Lol

5 Likes

@Tinytuttle
Trying to find this thread now Sounds great

2 Likes

I didn’t quite get the title right ! Here ya go! @livingthedream

5 Likes

@Tinytuttle
Thanks
I thought I was going insane there for a bit lol

2 Likes

I use all down to earth products in my soil (the ones they make anyhow). I haven’t used the all purpose. There bio live looks pretty great too, ever tried that? Those plants got a nice dose of ewc tea this morning. Thanks for the link tinytuttle. I’m gonna do some reading on that for sure.

That’s a huge reason I started growing again. Dispensary weed doesn’t taste good. It’s mostly Hydro, pumped out as fast as possible. Exactly like you said, it tastes like chemical.

3 Likes

I haven’t, always had my eye on it I may try it ! My grow store has been a call in and curbside pickup only :rage:
They are in reconstruction phase now hopefully up and running to where customers n go inside

2 Likes

Bio-Live is a rich fertilizer featuring a unique blend of premium marine by-products infused with a diverse mixture of beneficial microorganisms. Select mycorrhizal fungi and bacterial species rapidly colonize the rhizosphere and surrounding soil to improve resource utilization and enhance nutrient uptake.

Ideal for all plant types, use Bio-Live to encourage expansive root systems, increased crop yields and superior quality flowers, fruits, herbs and vegetables.

• Ingredients: Fish Bone Meal, Fish Meal, Alfalfa Meal, Crab Meal, Shrimp Meal, Langbeinite, Basalt, Kelp Meal, Humic Acid, Mycorrhizal Fungi, and Beneficial Bacteria

Sounds pretty good to me. I wanted someone’s else’s opinion.

3 Likes

Thanks for posting up… just off the top of my head those items look almost same as the all-purpose with the exception of the bacteria and fungi Iv heard from others that they really like the product .

2 Likes

Thank you for all you do here.

I’ve wondered are the myco’s and bacteria fine being in dry form like that? I haven’t messed with them as of yet except for in teas, but you hear alot about not letting good soil and compost dry out. Are they just inactive but still alive?

2 Likes

Ya things like bacteria and fungi just go into a dormancy period and get reactivated once the conditions are right. The bacterial teas we make create a bioslimes ( a protective casing around themselves) to help protect themselves which shows up in our buckets if we don’t keep them clean and are difficult to remove if it builds up and can create problems down the road.

2 Likes

More good info. Thanks much for that.

2 Likes

I went on wheat harvest a couple times when I was younger. There was a farmer who had a field he called the budweiser field. He would stop and piss on it on his way home from the bar. The years I was there it did yield higher. His effort was probably just a drop in the bucket, but it interesting anyhow.

2 Likes

Wow, that guy Jerry Baker was prolific! 68 books listed in Wiki. Found your thread “Homemade gardening potions and elixers” - that will be my morning read, Thanx!

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Hey @Tinytuttle, great read!
Thanx, I book marked that! I didn’t know pee came in at 11-1-2.5(ish).

Cheers
G

3 Likes

You ought to try it! With a full ortho sprayer reservoir and the setting set on 8 (full) I can drain concentrated piss in about 5 min” ! :laughing::laughing:

2 Likes

a half a bag of blood meal is a hell lot of nitrogen to be feeding to a plant.

1 Like

They are not growing as much as I would like to see, but after some topping, the lower stuff is catching up. I should be able to get them good and bushy, keep them low and fat hopefully. I know the neighbors will smell them, but hopefully a little doubt will keep rippers away.

4 Likes