Homemade gardening potions and elixers

P4
SEED STARTER TONIC
1tsp baby shampoo
1tsp Empsom salts
1 quart of week tea water*

*soak a used tea bag in a mix of 1 gallon of warm water and 1 tsp of liquid dish soap until mix is light brown

Mix shampoo and salts in tea ,soak seeds in frig for 24 hours then plant!

2 Likes

P6
Super solution MILLER KILLER!

The parents of cutworms the dark color moths that fly at night can be taken care of by filling a shallow pan of milk in the garden and place a light to shine on the milk. The moths zero in on the target and end up drowning !

5 Likes

Wow awesome dude I’m checking this out first thing I’m the morning when I’m not so stoned :wink::grin::v: great new thread my man! Love it​:heart_eyes:

3 Likes

P7
DAMPING -OFF PREVENTION TONIC
need to get rid of this fungus fast?

4 Tsp of chamomile tea
1 tsp of liquid dish soap
1 QT of boiling water

Mix the tea and soap with the water and let the mixture steep for at least an hour (the longer the better )let it cool to room temperature then Mist spray your seedlings as soon as their little heads at pop about the starter mix .

4 Likes

P10
LEGGY SEEDLINGS/PLANTS

most of us probably know solution 1
adjust the lights , with florescence try keeping those lights about 3" from the top of the seedlings, pick up some adjust light fixtures and you’ll be good to grow

SOLUTION 2

boost calcium levels

Two little calcium tend to make seedlings grow long and spindly. To boost calcium levels give them an eggshell tea! Almost fill a 1 gallon container with water and every time you break in a egg and crush the shell and tossed into the jug don’t even bother rinsing it you know it’s ready when it smells like rotten eggs… then dilute 1:1 and water in!

3 Likes

P18
VINEGAR FUNGUS FIGHTER

The simple to make elixir will help keep your plants fungus free all summer long

3 tsp of apple cider vinegar
1 gallon of water

Mixed vinegar and water pour the solution to a spray bottle and let her rip it’s that easy just be sure to spray your plans in the morning so they have time to dry off before nightfall fungal spores love dark damp flowerbeds

3 Likes

p25
Great -guns garlic spray

Have aphids? This solution will halt then right in there tracks!

1 Tbsp of garlic oil*
3 drops of liquid dish soap
1 qt of water

Garlic oil: mince one whole bulb of garlic and mix it in 1 cup of vegetable oil. Put the garlic oil in a glass jar with a tight lid and place it in the refrigerator to steep for one or two days. To test for doneness open the lid and take a sniff. If the Aroma is so strong that you take a step you’re good. If the scene isn’t so strong at half a bulb of garlic and wait another day. Then strain out the solids and pour the oil into a fresh jar. Keep in the fridge, can use it in any miracle mixed it calls for a garlic oil.

Mix these ingredients together in a blender and pour the solution into a handheld miss sprayer. Then take aim and fire, within seconds those bugs will be history !

Repellant plants:
Catnip, chives ,dill ,fennel ,mint all send aphids away plant catnip and mint in pots for containment.

6 Likes

Dampening off prevention (tested on 100s of seedlings)

1 cup of hydrogen peroxide in a gallon of water

Spray once a day, keeps the fungus away

cost is $0.22 cents a gallon

7 Likes

Proven spider mite killer

in one gallon of water add

1 cup hydrogen peroxide
1/4 cup Listerine (the old gold stuff with 30% ethanol)
1/2 tsp agricultural soap concentrate (spreader/sticker) or dish soap (not detergent)

Spray liberally. Will kill mites and eggs on contact.

8 Likes

All around cheapest high nitrogen fertilizer ever

1 part human pee to 12 parts water

Pee is very good fertilizer and costs nothing. Pee typically has an N-P-K ratio around 11–1–2.5

Beat that!

6 Likes

You have to use it immediately though or it turns toxic

3 Likes

Sorry, that is simply not true. Urine will stay fine in a sealed jar for months. Over time the urea (CH4N2O) breaks down into ammonia and ammonium which are two of the most common fertilizers used worldwide. I use pee that is fresh, and pee that has been stored for months. Plants can take up and use urea, ammonium (NH4) and nitrates (NO3) all as nitrogen fertilizer. In soils, unused applied urea breaks down (hydrolyses) into ammonium and ammonia. Ammonia generally volatilizes (wafts off). The ammonium can be used by plants. Any unused ammonium will break down into nitrites (NO2) which are not available to plants. Nitrites are then broken down into nitrates by soil bacteria, and the nitrates are then again available to use by plants. This is called the nitrogen cycle. Nothing toxic here. Maybe to you and me, but I do not advise that anyone drink this stuff. Its for your plants.

7 Likes

Just don’t use it as a foliar spray right @PanchoVilla :wink::grin::joy:

4 Likes

I leave that up to the reader…

6 Likes

Interesting, I read that the ammonia would kill them. Regardless, There’s no way in hell I’m peeing on my plants! Ew! :scream::laughing:

6 Likes

I pee in my res lol… great nitrogen source!! And I’m vegetarian and don’t do any processed food. . In fact most of what I eat is grown on the farm so it’s good pee believe me hahahaha

8 Likes

Yup, it is the ammonia-nitrite-nitrate process. It is how aquaponics works.

Nothing weird there.

5 Likes

Anyone have the recipe for LITFA?

:wink: :slight_smile:

8 Likes

This ones my favorite so far! I been known pee on my compost pile once in awhile when the toilet is to far away! lol thanks for sharing your potion @PanchoVilla

5 Likes

That is a guarded secret.

Punishment for telling this secret is smoking a pound of brick weed with seed.

12 Likes