Germinating new and old seeds in fluctuating temps

Man. I have to say, if you can plan your year ahead, like if you’re lucky enough to be able to do that in growing terms, germinate your seeds while the temperature does not fluctuate massively from outdoor to indoor temps and keep clones of whatever plant it is until you’re ready to flower them, DO IT, coz it is such a disappointment when you pop a pack of seeds, they germinate and then die off because of fluctuating temps. This is my first grumble.
Second grumble. As nice as it may seem, A LOT of new seedbanks think they are doing people a favour by sending out free but bloody old seeds as freebies. A lot of these freebies will never fucking germinate so you waste time and/or don’t try to germinate an entire pack of new seeds in the hope that these old freebies spark in to life. I have to say, it’s about 70% of the time these freebies do aproximately fuck all, then you are set back weeks, trying to up your plant numbers so you’re not left short for the year.
I guess I could just germinate all the new ones and that would be answer to my old man grumble. I kind of find this freebie shit a sales gimmick to get people to buy more seeds and it’s my own douchey fault for not realising before now.
The sooner I get a spliff in me today, the better I think.

4 Likes

Think about “coupons”… that’s advertising :smile:

:v:

:evergreen_tree: :tm:

2 Likes

There are things that will help terming old stock.

But most of all yes the temps can suck esp. When fulchuating and the ol body sure can feel it But when terming of cloning ya need to get them a area you can keep at a reasonablly stability and higher term as well as decent humidity this is one of the basic things that can help w old stock as well

2 Likes