Seeds and germination rate

I have had terrible luck with germination rates this past 2 years, I have been off of overgrow for awhile . I am wondering if there any seeds out there cheap or free some one could send my way ! Thank you all in advance!

4 Likes

Pretty sure just coming back to overgrow will increase your germination rate.
welcome back. Give it a try

19 Likes

Try the towel method, do a search…

2 Likes

Thanks I’m sure your correct

I popped 32 and ended up with 1 , I use a glass then a paper towel . When they crack I generally go into a jiffy pot and use a humidity dome.

2 Likes

Long time @Jhentz good to see you around again.

2 Likes

indoor or outdoor how sativa?

1 Like

I plan on trying to run 6 indoor and 6 outdoor , hot sure what how sativa means :slight_smile:

I leave them in paper towel a full day later now. 2 days after tap root comes out. I still have better luck with coco pellets but right to solos work as long as I let the tails go till they are longer

3 Likes

You in canada?

2 Likes

Oklahoma USA

1 Like

You wanna pm me some deets I can try a package. I have some of those Mongo crosses u have in your shot plus some other og stuff I could send you, if your fellow burgers arent offering

4 Likes

@PsillyRabbit has some nice crosses he just made, check out his thread, I imagine he was wondering how much you prefer sativa vs indica, but that’s just a guess :slight_smile:

I’ve got a large collection of sketch mixed up crosses from past breeding “oops” moments. They germinate quite well, and what I’ve grown out has been unpredictable but all delightful, ranging from middling to strong potency. They’ll probably be a mix of photo and autoflower, and all regs.

I usually just go from a 24h float in tap water straight into soil.

If you’d like some mysterious but highly vigorous seeds I’ll happily load you an envelope, just PM where to send.

5 Likes

I do enjoy a sativa in the day time but I have never grown a pure sativa

1 Like

Has anything changed in your process, anything at all that could cause this?

I mean no disrespect, but 1 out of 32 seeds sounds like user error. Are the seeds old or stored improperly?

I would advise adding a smidge of 3% h2o2 to your soak solution.

3 Likes

I completely agree with user error I havent changed much of anything, I moved and misplaced my ammo tin with all my seeds. The ammo tin spent a winter outside!

2 Likes

Wintering outside should be fine, seeds routinely love through winter in nature, right?

2 questions about your paper towel setup (2 things I just had to ask and correct myself, lol)…

1. how wet is your paper towel? Don’t drown them (I was and had to revamp my setup)

2. How warm are your seeds when germinating?

My last round I put them on top of a 300 watt LED with a little spacer, I’ve had wicked luck with warm, slightly damp paper towel… The seeds were sitting at about 28C and 2 popped and had half a ln inch tap roots within 6 hours 🤷.

Good luck!!

3 Likes

I soak overnight damp paper towel then I usually put them on the top rear corner of the refrigerator to pop!

4 Likes

Hmmm… Do you have anything holding the paper towel a little off the beans? I’ve found if there isn’t a source of fresh air, they’ll drown pretty easily…

My first two plants ever were male and female, so not knowing I ended up with a fair size female FULL of seeds, so I got to practice lots, hahaha.

1 Like

I have never used anything to separate the towel from the seeds