White seeds, who knew?

So many years ago a girlfriend of mine was sorting seeds out for me and I told her get rid of all the white ones , little did I know she threw them all in the house plant in the living room and I had random sprouts for at least three weeks.
I’ve also had seeds live threw a bho blast and then sprout outside in the mulch pile :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7 Likes

Now that is gross and impressive
Well I guess if it lived the it didn’t release all its oils into the butane

1 Like

Right lol the old days of crappy extraction methods , I prefer dry sift hash myself

1 Like

Oh I remember thinking we were at the top of the game with a stainless steel tube with tripod stand, open blasting. They advertised back on the old overgrow, I called it the rocket.

4 Likes

Yeah I tried to get rid of them all but a few snuck in and wanted to live against all odds

2 Likes

Lol some people still do open blasting but man I don’t advise it, always preferd glass tubes but they freak some people out , the whole exploding glass fear that is not a reality.
Dry sift lightly pressed just to were it barely darkens and then cured for at least a few days is the best imo you keep all the terps and it’s way easier to smoke, dabs are definetly nice at times but it’s way more popular with the younger crowd and I’m not trying to blow up my house or pay club prices so dry sift it is lol

10 Likes

White seeds that don’t pop/ crush when you press on them will germinate, but won’t last as long in storage as fully mature seed. I only keep them if i don’t have that many dark seeds. They are just slightly premature seeds, and will grow fine in most cases. Afropips Malawi Gold years ago was white seeds from the original collection. Freakshow seeds are naturally white ( i hear), even when ripe.

4 Likes

Agreed as long as they have some structural integrity (tegridy) and don’t crush, they’re usually viable, with similar germ rates to the big dark ones.

4 Likes

I know this is an older thread, but was wondering y’all’s opinion on these seeds I just received. I won them on a auction of some old stock so I won’t be able to get replacements. From reading this thread it says to squeeze them but I don’t wanna take that chance hahaha.

8 Likes

Germinating old Seeds
How do I germinate seeds?
Germinating new and old seeds in fluctuating temps
Heres some other threads you could read

2 Likes

Those look fine to me

4 Likes

I’m no pro but they don’t look to bad to me either!!

1 Like

I’m hoping they’re good to go! I think the flash on the camera made them look better

1 Like

Never made sense to me to throw ANY seeds away.
Sow them ALL and watch the magic unfold.
Operate from an attitude of abundance.

4 Likes

I’ve had several white seeds produce killer plants don’t think you should have any issue with those.

4 Likes

First indoor grow, GSC auto from WSE. All the seeds (6) were white and having never seen auto seeds before I thought thats how they are.
The two smallest didnt germinate, and the rest were varying sizes and grew to varying sized plants respectively.
I’ve had dark seeds that were crap so who knows?

1 Like

Well good news fellas I dropped them in water yesterday. I seen for sure one white tail, Maybe even two!

2 Likes

I’ve seen very immature white seeds germinate at a alarming rate. While seed sorting my ex girlfriend was throwing the immature or malformed ones int a planter box with out my knowledge. This was in front of our apartment and I had little sprouts showing up for weeks :rofl:
Ive also seen immature seeds survive bho blasting and germinate out of the left over plant material.
Makes me think mulch made from the leafs of cannabis might be the best germinating material for cannabis.

1 Like

I’ve also experienced the same thing was quite surprised at the percentages of survival on bho blasted seeds.

I think this thread is stuck in a loop.

2 Likes