Germinating old Seeds

Update most have sprouted working on another round sprouting some Exotic Genetix Chemberrly, a few more of everything else.

3 Likes

Shout out to Mystic Funk my bros

1 Like

Update just transplanted my first batch of girls, today I ordered some white widow seed’s from ILGM.com so I am stoked to be adding White Widow to the family here soon still plan on ordering some Skunk#1 and some other good genetics going to be looking through Exotic Genetix catalog.

1 Like

5 Likes

Update looking good I lost some during the transplant process. But it’s all good working on painting the walls tonight. Other additions to come are a door to cover the closet chamber and either get fancy and build a box or buy some kind of cabinet.

4 Likes

I just picked these from Misterbee’s giveaway and did a site search to see if anyone had done a run of them only to find this comment with you recommending it to me :laughing:

Checked my “to get to” list on my phone and there is was “Sunrise Thai”! I’m so glad it was labelled as “Sunrise Chocolate Thai” on his list because on top of it slipping my mind anyway my tired brain never would have connected it. So suffice it to say I will indeed be checking the strain out! :grinning:

3 Likes

it’s been a little while since I posted an update here’s the garden looking good

2 Likes

@Upstate
@Slick1

is this Monkey Puzzle Genetics ?

• either way want to see it grow. :honeybee: :eyeglasses:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

“Monkey puzzle genetics on Instagram as a chocolate Thai variety that’s Kick-Ass. It is called Sunrise Thai. Smells like chocolate and peanut butter and flowers a little bit over 16 weeks. @YoBigdaddy just harvested some. The IG page is Steve Dando”

That was @Upstate’s comment that I was responding too. You called it with Monkey Puzzle Genetics!

1 Like

The sunrise thai looks awesome. @YoBigdaddy has been smoking it… did you end up germinating any seeds? Yes, it’s from monkey puzzle genetics

1 Like

I haven’t gotten them yet but they’re going to have to wait awhile before I get to run them. Too limited on space! lol

1 Like

@rootfarmer any luck with the blood clot seeds?

1 Like

the update is that the initial attempts were unsuccessful.
we have a replacement set to try, try again and they just arrived.

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

@rootfarmer if you really wanted to try Lambsbread for a Freakers run, I have that Ethiopian variety that is more than likely Lambsbread. This will be unhybridized. It’s straight from Africa from the Rastafarian community that lives in a town called ShashaMane. They moved there from Jamaica in the 1950s, invited by the Ethiopian King, and founded a village. A strain of cannabis they grow, and more than likely brought with them when they migrated, has the same terpene profile, same growth habit, same high and similar looking buds as the famous Lambsbread variety, extinct to all but a select few.( Hopefully)

9 Likes

you know I have been searching for the real deal LambsBread for a long time.
The 1st LB spliff I had while in Germany back in the 80’s. Aaron Neville’s brother and I were stationed together
and one day he pulls it out and says “lets smoke” - that was the only ganga I saw in 2 years there - we had lotsa a hash tho.

I can drop that in - it should be long running one to be legit.

6 Likes

It will be long flowering for sure. I think this is what you have been seeking all these years.

3 Likes

I have some six year old Purple Lavender and Afgooey seeds that I’m looking to sprout, I’ve heard gibberelic and humic acid are useful but haven’t tried this before and any tips would be appreciated!

PS Also have 6 year old Ocean Grown Dark Helmet seeds that this could prove handy for as well

3 Likes

i stick them right into root riot, and soak the cube with clonex water mix. ive popped seeds that were close to 12 years old this way, yes the gibberlic works and if they pop you will need to get them into the dirt fast as that tap root will go crazy,
i see it this way, if the seed pops great if not then you will get rid of the old and get to the new
right now i am trying to pop a 9 year seed in root riot cube as described above
hope this helps

3 Likes

Hey. This is back in stock at Seeds 'n Such. I just ordered some. :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing this man. For some reason, I didn’t have notifications on for this thread, and I guess I lost the tag in my notifications, so I just saw this, but it couldn’t be more timely, as I’m in a similar situation with Snow’s Congolese Red.

I’ve been through 16 seeds, only 2 have broken ground, and neither of them have developed leaves. The last 6 I dropped were cracked, and went into soil 2 days ago.

I still have 5 left, and was just thinking about how I was gonna pop them. Like I said, perfect timing. With any luck, it’ll be here by Friday. :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:
:guitar:

2 Likes

Sweet do you have a link i can get some. I have a bunch of 20+ year old seeds here just waiting to be cracked