Germinating old Seeds

Can you give us a link to that site? Would be nice to have that information. I have some older seeds I would really like to save. Thank you for your time.

2 Likes

Hola Gang

Heres two link same company:

and the ebay of the same:
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Holland-Industry-92-Gibberellic-Acid-GA3-10g-Growth-Regulator-Seed-Dormancy-/152091287951

I love that stuff
be careful handeling
always read about products
you use we never know

Bare

3 Likes

has anyone had any experience with elongation from Ga3 ?? will the elongation eventually stop ā€¦ or should i just chuck the seedlings??

P.S. the elongated seedlings are 2 weeks YOUNGER than these ones below ā€¦

5 Likes

Yeah the ga3 will wear off and the stretching will stop. Iā€™m assuming you have only applied it once? Definitely donā€™t chuck em, the hormone tells them theyā€™re under-lit and need to stretch to find sunlight. Theyā€™ll get over it.
(Iā€™ve never used it on seeds, thatā€™s quite the sight. Lmfao)

4 Likes

Hola @legalcanada

I am also into revival of old seeds

and I am using GA3 also, it all depend
on the % of the GA ppm my first try was
200 ppm it was too strong they did just
like yours.
My next try will be 50 ppm its suppose
to be the best for seed soaking.
no need to soak overnite most of the
time its too long.

as soon as the seed sink plant them

I have a few G13 x Jackherer done with that

Bare

5 Likes

I have the same problem as a legalcanada with GA3, thanks to the clarification.

3 Likes

Was reading that GA3 will change the sex of plants. Is that true?

3 Likes

It does but is also part of the membrane on a seed, as the seed gets older the ga wears off and it seems to be part of germination so I would think application rates would be way lower than for reversing, hope this helps a bit, Iā€™m not much on the proper terminology

6 Likes

I do not want to use GA3 anymore, I did not know what it can do, flowers and hermillas

5 Likes

I figured that I would post this here, rather than start a new topic, as it would probably get transferred here any way.

Need help germinating some Hemp seeds. I am assuming they are 2-3 years old as they are those give away seeds from Canada. That being said, I canā€™t get any to germinate. I triedā€¦

• soaking in water and h2o2 then into paper towels
  • soaking and into RW
  • soaking and into soil
  • not soaking and into paper towel
  • not soaking and cracking and into paper towels
  • not soaking, cracking and into RW
  • not soaking, cracking and into soil
  • I even tried scuffing and soaking and paper towel and soil

Anything I might try next?

4 Likes

How long in paper towels and was it in a baggie on top of a fridge?

3 Likes

At least a week each time

3 Likes

At what temp. are you germinating them?

2 Likes

I think they might be complete shit after all that something should have popped

3 Likes

I keep them at 70ā€™s to 80ā€™s. The towel ones I put either on the frig or on top of my cable box, which puts off a little heat. Anything that is planted I put in my cabinet which stays around 80 with the lights on.

3 Likes

I was starting to think that, but I want to try everything before I go out and buy some. Someone was generous enough to give them to me, so I wanted to make every effort. Has any one else had problems with the ā€œFreedom Dreamā€ seeds that were being given out?

2 Likes

I got three out of five to germinate, two survived to start flowering, then I killed them off because of neglect.

3 Likes

Wish I could help the closest I have is Durban pollinated by hemp that I will never pop.

2 Likes

And what ā€œMagicalā€ method did you use to get the three to germinate?

Your experience sounds like my attempt at Aero. Should have used seeds I knew would be okay. But I wasted my Sky Wardens. Started with 6, 5 sprouted. Out of the five, 3 were male (one of which grew to 4 feet while the others were less than 2 - pulled it to collect pollen.). Put it in a DWC setup in my wardrobeā€¦ it died, or I should say I killed it. Donā€™t know how, but I did. Then the two females, left in the aero setup died as well. Absolutely nothing changed, so I have no idea why they did okay in veg and just simply died in flower. Needless to say, I am going back to coco for the time being!

2 Likes

The same way I do all my seeds. I soak over night in tap water, then into rapid rooters with a humidity dome.

I usually use a small propagater that came with some Jiffy pellets. I flip the rooter over so the skinny part is on top and poke a new hole with a bamboo skewer. I then insert the seed in the new hole with a pair of tweezers.

8 Likes