Getting older

I’m 60 and more into vaping and oils (olive oil blends) these days than smoking. Smoking now feels kind of dirty but I’d still have a smoke if someone handed me a joint.

3 Likes

Has anyone seen the South Park episode where they are calling Vapes …pussy sticks ? If you haven’t roll a fat one up & give it a watch… hilarious episode

5 Likes

Most modern vape pens & devices don’t let you get a big enough rip to get actually stoned. You get what I refer to as a “Chinese food high”, you’re hungry for more within 30 minutes :man_shrugging:t2::rofl: lol!

I had this aftermarket “no-blink” battery that I could get really huge rips off of vape cartridges, but they tasted horrible after just a few rips. Probably burned too hot or something.

A Puffco Proxy & some rosin, for me, is the next best thing to taking bong rips of flower :+1:

5 Likes

The closest I’ve gotten to a flower high from a pen type vape is vaping full spectrum live rosin pressed from fresh frozen flower. Either making it myself or otherwise.

It’s still missing something.

5 Likes

Wow this thread was not what I expected when I saw.the title lol.

I hate pens. At least the premade ones, they are cheap made resistances… with god knows what… i dunno maybe I don’t get good ones where I am at…if you grab a decent vape and make your own oil it’s much better but not my first preference.

But I love vaping flower - dynavap, b-0 you name it.

I still.pass around joints but not with ppl I don’t know. Never have actually. Not even cigs.

@HolyAngel I keep this as a memento. Ppl think all sorts of things when they see it in my kitchen. The weird days:

7 Likes

I didn’t start until 60. I am glad the kids 30/40 I go tubing with are old school. The grands and friends that do partake are vapors also.

:green_heart: :seedling:

8 Likes

I wish - in a way - that I could say the same.

We used to all skin up but pass them round. It was a nice vibe and sharing was good. I guess that went through the rave era into sharing water and then we all became solvent and nobody bothered passing anymore, unless someone ran out.

The problem is that once you don’t combust anymore, it seems quite unpleasant to do so in comparison to vaping. I can’t understand when people say they don’t get as much flavour or high from vaping, its the reverse to me. The main difference, as I smoked mixed with baccy, is that you don’t get that rocket up as the nicotine thwacks you before the weed kicks in.

I haven’t got into that dab lark or diamonds in sauce with unicorn shavings, but I do prefer to vape my flower. I have one friend left that still smokes and that’s with horrible black-market tobacco. He smells like a pair of pants on fire to me nowadays lol. I don’t mind it, but the whole family hates it when I get in covered in smoke too.

Each to their own of course and some don’t get vapes the same way as I no longer want to smoke mixed reefers, but I will happily throw my buds on the table for anyone to enjoy.

I bet by the time my young ones get to adulthood, they’ll laugh as much at my bubble hash as flowers. Ho hum, more for me.

That’s the one point I find difficult, I haven’t had as much pleasure from hash in a vape as I used to in a spliff, but I almost always vape flower anyway. I just roll a bit of my hash in with the buds when I want to make sure I can’t see the floor anymore :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Anyone use the Arizer Solo 2? Considering getting one.

2 Likes

Good choice also doubles as a nice Sap if someone gets rowdy

Nervous Bean lol

1 Like

Lol! The one concern I have is how it draws. I have never owned a vape so it is all new to me. I have been looking at them on POTV.

1 Like

I hear you, Midge.

I’m so old, pussy sticks (as one person referenced) are what we called cigarettes with filters!

But I switched to electronic cigarettes back when you had to assemble them… mostly so I didn’t have to go outside in the cold New England winters for a cig… and my clothes and hair didn’t smell.

Now I got no hair.

I do appreciate all forms of cannabis consumption, for different occasions. I don’t get high around others or in public, which started a decade ago. Can’t smoke a joint in bed… wife won’t appreciate the smell. I use cannabis as a sleeping aid though, and she’ll hit the vape… so we vape before sleep. If I got a weekend of hanging in the garden, you bet your ass I’m infusing a few hundred mg into some butter and making some chocolates with it. If I’m smoking a joint, the neighbors (who come from another culture) won’t appreciate the smell… and I won’t appreciate having to smoke a joint every few hours and get everyone up in my business.

For me, the biggest thing I’ve noticed about growing older is how I get as much (if not more) enjoyment out of growing cannabis as consuming it.

8 Likes

No…I have the AirMAX and love it. Many people I know and hang with have just about the whole Arizer line and love them too.

2 Likes

I’ve converted my 22 year old sister, she was vapes and extracts only until her and her freinds basically tripped on flower smoke., mind you it was super silver haze and AK47 I crossed. There’s something missing in the vape pens, something flower has that isn’t passed on to the extracts. I find the same with pressing, i love my nugsmasher but there’s a real difference in the buzz… We still all smoke our own just because we can but they all love a dooby now. Such a lucky kid, I almost died several times in my teens and twenties buying weed in sketchy situations. These kids don’t know how good they got it!

7 Likes

I have The POTV Lobo and it changed my mind on dry herb vaporizing.Has a nice assortment of attachments and you can get an adapter for it to fit on a glass bong if wanted.The metal canisters for it are a must keeps everything nice and clean Mouthpiece is very easy to clean.You get about 7 to 8 good sessions on a charge i get around 6 because i like to let it heat at 420 degrees for two min you get 3 good rips good for onnthe go pack multiple cannisters and pop them innthe free vac seal container they provide and your set say goodbye to smelling like weed sticking to your clothes and hands the Smoke will smell like weed an bit but not obnoxiously you wont walk around smelling like a joint .Once you taste the hit you will be hooked lower temps around 380 for terp slurping and tasting all the delicate flavors you missed lighting it with a butane lighter it is absolutely delicious and then buzz is quite nice and you can get replaceable extra batteries to pop in for extra burn sessions

3 Likes

I’ve used one nearly every day over the past ~2 years and I like it a lot. The only other vape I’ve used is a dynavap which I barely touch anymore bc the arizer is easier and more discreet for when I’m out walking etc. anyway, I mention that because to me the draw is great, but I have a narrow frame of reference.

If you get one I recommend getting extra bowl/stem things. I think it comes with 2 which means a lot of cleaning if you go through multiple bowls a day (and prefer clean-ish glassware). I have a little arsenal of 10 which, if I reuse them 2-3 times, means I only have to whip out the iso about once a week. I have some long,short,and curved ones which don’t seem to cool the vapor at all and are just more difficult to clean. I might just order more of the short 40mm ones bc they’re the easiest to clean and most travel friendly.

3 Likes

@Curmudgeon, @CapnCannabis and @HeartOfDankness thanks for the info on the Arizer and dry vapes in general.

4 Likes

Just thought to say this. I’m currently vaping some Sticky Beast (Zamnesia) and @180C (356F), the flavor is like biting into a fresh picked peach. It only lasts for the first couple of hits cause, you know the terps evap off, but man is it tasty. Smoke the same stuff, no where near that kind of flavor. Just some food for thought.

3 Likes

Yeah, similar thing @AMunkFromCupertino.

Enjoy it all! I can’t really grow outside where I am, so growing is an Autumn / Winter sport for me. I feel far less happy when I haven’t got any green friends to visit. I love consuming cannabis, but as you say, growing is just as pleasurable, maybe more so. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yes, zero complaints so far.

1 Like

I have a Storz&Bickel Mighty that I got 5 years or so ago that’s still goin. I use it from time to time but recently went back to Glass pieces/bongs and joints.

I’m only 34 but nowadays that’s still old enough to have been around long before vaporizers. I used Cartridges for a little bit but they cause me more throat problems and phlegm than joints bongs do. Plus I always felt like the effects were subpar compared to anything else, definitely didn’t last as long for me.

I started kinda young, did the ole pop can a few times before I got a glass bowl. All my friends didn’t know how to roll or just didn’t want to learn so I ended up being the designated roller lol. I’m not afraid of sharing a joint unless someone is just visibly sick, otherwise fuck it! Pass it!

6 Likes