Getting older

I bought the volcano last year & it’s handy for consuming bud that doesn’t smoke well :face_with_raised_eyebrow: ( the flavor is better) but it doesn’t do what I need. My throat gives out before my head does. 8 bags in & Im thinking wtf time to smoke a bowl… & then that tasted like ass :joy: but at least had the effect.

Went through a gram of co2 extraction in a day :man_shrugging: & had a nice nap but never got the nerve spasticity turned off.

It’s clear that treating an affliction is different than kiddos & their lollipops.

I’m sticking with the evil I know :wave: & don’t trust electricity & hash combinations. Totally ok with smelling like the roach jar or on a good day the curing jar.

Someone here coined the description of “…like Dow chemical took a Chanel shit” …re: offensive weapons grade perfume in the elevator. :dancer::eyes::nauseated_face:

:evergreen_tree: you were saying…?

7 Likes

Ive never had a dab or vape. I stick with joints and bowls.

My tolerance isnt very high because i only smoke a couple days out of the week, so in the event if im tested at work i’ll have a higher probability of pissing clean.

Im worried that if i did partake in a dab id end up in the emergency room painted with my own shit

3 Likes

With you 100%. For me, getting high off a cartridge is like listening to a great song from a cover band on a shitty transistor. Getting high from smoking weed is like being in the symphony hall with Mozart.

7 Likes

Ahhh, yup.
I’m pretty old, I passed joints as a matter of course…well I should say “I did”.
One of the projects I worked back circa 2005 had developed a true 420 culture amongst various contractors, mangers, laborers whatever…we partied @ 4:30 …maybe a group of 5 or 6 of us. Then one day we notice that “Tim” has not been to work for a few days…hell we were just partying the other day…wtf happened to “Tim” ?
Well it turns out ole “Tim” had come down with hepatitis C.

But, but , but , we were just smoking with him the other day…oh shit

And that boys and girls, was the end of my joint passing career.

Now if it’s at my house…on the table there is a cup of pre-rolled doobs and some preloaded personal pipes stuffed with hash . Enuff for everybody no problemo. If it’s at their house I bring my vape.
Never saw “Tim” again, not sure what happened to him even though that job went on for years after. After the collective shitting of our pants over the HepaC exposure, the 420 group never met again.

6 Likes

I’m 66, Spent my teen years in SoCal in the mid 70’s. Helped a couple friends break down kilo bricks of weed into sandwich bags for sale more than once. Smoked Columbian Gold, Thai sticks, Oaxacan spears, hash/honey oil, blond and black hash (my favorite). I had my rolling machine because I sucked at rolling and we’d sit on the upper lawn at high school passing a joint around. People would walk around with a grocery bag full of lids for sale. I’m in NorCal now and with growing being legal I couldn’t resist. I’ve tried many strains looking for a pheno that smells/tastes like the old days without luck so far. Each has had their own positives but they just don’t match up IMO.

7 Likes

Haven’t heard a baggie of weed called that in a minute! Maybe 50 years or more?! Thank you, @Raratt, for that tickle from the past! Seriously. Fucking thank you!

I grew up in W. Los Angeles/Santa Monica until my mid-to-late teens. I’ve lived in the SF Bay Area for 40+ years. I’m 74. :+1:

8 Likes

I was in the Camarillo area in Ventura county.

2 Likes

Well now, I thought we might be neighbors…I grew up in SB/Goleta. The “Upper Lawn” was kind of a give-away cause we had that at my HS as well and that’s where we all hung out. But went into the lemon orchard right behind that area to smoke weed.

2 Likes

Right! :rofl: Oh the days of the 4-finger lid with clean weed.

3 Likes

How much weight was an actual lid?Where did they get the amount name from?I heard Owsley Stanley on an old youtube video from when he just got cancer free he said they got the measurement from the Lid of a prince albert tobacco tin .Was wondering if this was any true

2 Likes

I lived in SB for awhile, my siblings went to UCSB. Was there for the Goleta riots.

1 Like

Technically an oz. No idea where it came from.

3 Likes

Originally, in theory, a full ounce. Later, as @Curmudgeon alludes to, it became more common to measure by the number of fingers when held up to a baggie of weed.

And, of course, there were no zip lock bags then, “just” old school sandwich baggies, the ones with the folded over pocket. There’s a “right” and a “wrong” way to close them. If it’s been closed the incorrect way, you’ll have a bunch of weed on the floor or whatever.

I have no idea. I started getting high summer of 1965.

My guess is the story about Owsley is apocryphal.

8 Likes

My mother still licks baggies. Don’t call her out on it or she gets testy

7 Likes

Had to lick the edge to get them to seal and stay rolled up.

4 Likes

I went to the Isla Vista/UCSB juggling festival for maybe six or eight years. It’s fun to juggle with folks you don’t normally throw with! Juggling jester

4 Likes

I think I was in 3rd grade, juggling was not possible for me…lol.

1 Like

Didn’t know about this one and just read a bit, thanks for the history lesson. Bank of america, nice! Glad to meet :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, a kid has to be about seven to have the hand/eye coordination.

My son is a little older here. We’re working on a simple passing trick.

That’s the Columbia River in the background. It’s nearly five miles wide there. Oregon is across the river.

13 Likes

We lived in Hidden Valley subdivision. I could hear the concerts at Earl Warren showgrounds. I used to ride my bike to Hendrie’s beach. My parents were crazy to let me ride down that road but I did it many times.

2 Likes