Getting Started

I made a trip into the collective for clones they were out . I wanted to get started so I bought some feminized Bling seeds they were out of Vanilla Frosting but these are close and a heavy producer . I always check the collectives web site before making the drive . And yes I had my protective gear on . Humboldt Frost - Humboldt Gelato - Reserve OG 75 % Indica 25% Sativa a product of Humboldt Seed and Happy Dream Farms N. California .

10 Likes

@gramps, are you going to post regular updates of these strains? I’d love to see you take them from seed to MONSTERS!

Also, can someone please hook gramps up with some Vanilla Frosting clones or beans!?

2 Likes

Yes as soon as they pop I’ll start posting pics . I planted the seed into 1 gal containers inside grow tent at about 70 degrees under L E D s . yesterday .

4 Likes

Woo hoo! I’m definitely pulling up a seat for this one!

1 Like

Crickey I’m down for this
Beanbag fluffed blunt in hand , better go now take a slash before the show begins

i’ll be following along @gramps sounds like a good grow, i love indicas

never heard of it

Never heard of @gramps’ Vanilla Frosting monsters? When you have some spare time and a comfortable chair, check out this entire thread and be ready to get blown away:

3 Likes

It took five days for the first bean to break ground planted direct into soil . The photo has a lot of red must be the L E D s . I’ll post another photo taken outdoors in a week happy growing . Might have been the setting .

5 Likes

That 2nd pic makes it look like your lighting is completely different than in the 1st pic.

1 Like

My lights are set for veg I leave them 24 / 7 for about a month . Then start moving in and out to natural light . About may the first I’ll place into the garden that’s worked for me in the past . I do the same with clones . Even if they revert there’s plenty of time to get big and fat . I have used a mix of T5 s and LEDs T5s side ways down low . I just watch the plants they tell me what to do .

3 Likes

My plan for this year under LEDs is 24 / 7 for two weeks then 18 / 6 to let them rest a little then start moving them outdoors to get some natural sunlight around the first of may they go into the garden after danger of frost is over .

4 Likes

They seem to be off to a slow start 9 days at 24 /7 . Started on nutrients today micro doses I lowered the leds a little also . Color is good and they look healthy maybe the nutrients will kick start them .

5 Likes

Five days latter the nutrients have kicked in and the lady’s look happy .

5 Likes

I’ll start showing once a month after I move the girls outside . Hopefully they get big and fat outdoors the big bags are ready 400 gal .

6 Likes

12 days latter and over a foot taller at 16 inches plus I’m tempted to move outdoors but I will wait a little longer . Genetics: Humboldt Frost x Reserve OG x Humboldt Gelato Humboldt seed and Happy Dream farms .

7 Likes

Your plant looks tiny sitting on that 400 Gal. pot! :mag_right:

When do you think you will be ‘safe’ to plant outdoors?
How many of those pots are you going to run this year?

Cheers
G

2 Likes

About two weeks danger of frost should be past . just enough to be legal 200 - 400 hundred sq ft of canopy .

2 Likes

@gramps where did you find these bling seeds from? I ask because I had these two strains my buddy brought to me a few years ago called the bling and galaxy and for very good reasons and I always wondered their origins?

Feminized Seed from Humboldt Seed N. California . Description for The Bling
Diamonds may be a girl’s best friend, but The Bling will be your farm’s best bud. Seriously though, this strain is no joke. Productive is an understatement and the trichome density on this beauty out shined the rest in a greenhouse with 3k unique seed plants at Happy Dreams Farm, who practices sustainable agriculture in beautiful Humboldt County. Known for some of the best ganja in the cannabis capitol, Happy Dreams and Humboldt Seed Company collaborated on this cross from the gate and it was definitely meant to be. We have to give proper respects where they are due, Happy Dreams and Mr. D put a ton of work and sacrifice into the creation of this strain and in the execution of our 10k plant mega-hunt in general. Definitely a great choice for farms and gardeners alike who wish to have a sure-fire producer for this critical time in the cannabis space.

4 Likes