Seeds I plan to breed

Whenever I see Barney’s Farm I think of knock off strains, but I imagine you can still find some great stuff.

2 Likes

I’ve heard good and bad and I’ve decided to only default to it if there’s an issue of it being available nowhere else

3 Likes

I would love to get my hands on more banana variants! I do have a wishlist though of Tangie and Hawaiian heritage strains

3 Likes

Mahaloz!! I appreciate the welcome

3 Likes

The teal tagged seeds are from hawaiiangrasshoppergenetics and they’re creamy orange poison (Durban poison x (sour dieselxOrange Cream), Lime Valley and Lime Alien Breath

3 Likes

Well end of the season I can probably help ya out with that :wink:

3 Likes

If you’re growing outdoors in Hawaii I’ve heard the Banana Mango can get budrot/botrytis, but it hasn’t yet for me. My friend just grew out at least 15 Banana Mango crosses and he didn’t mention any mold issues.

1 Like

Let’s keep in contact! It won’t be banana but I’m hoping to have some Tangie crosses done by December, I wouldn’t mind reserving any of the seeds as a trade

1 Like

@Sodapop i’m just gonna warn you right now that you shouldn’t talk to that bad man @AzSeaindooin420, because next thing you know, you’re gonna wanna be growing at least a dozen plants out to 6 or 8 feet tall, minimum!

it’s not good, it’s a slippery slope. you’re better off being more of a regular grower. just… don’t… look in his grow journal. it’s ridiculous! he’s a mad man and he’s really gone totally bananas this season. admittedly, we’ve all been helping to supply and feed his habit, but he’s the one who’s taken it too far. lol

on a serious note… i’m curious you say you’re hoping to have some tangie crosses, but you don’t have any tangie seeds? also, are you growing indoors or outdoors?

super awesome to have you on overgrow! i can’t wait to see what your hawaiian island growing has in store. now i’m just wondering when your grow report will come, not that i’m trying to rush you. :stuck_out_tongue:

also, since you’re new around here, i’m just gonna link AzSea’s current bananas grow so it’s easy for you to find…

he did say i could come by in the fall to help out with the trimming when it’s all harvested and ready.

4 Likes

Hello and welcome to the OG @Sodapop!

This is known as the “OG Effect”…

Disclaimer: The OG Effect will hit each individual a little different…

Some symptoms that you will notice when experiencing the “OG Effect

1. One will start to pop more beans than they actually have room for.
  2. Symptom Number 1 will lead one to start looking/building for more growing space… (Another tent, Outdoors, Gorilla grow space, a friends house, etc… You get the point! :wink:
  3. One will be reading about the many seed runs and the next thing you know all y’all will be saving those vigorous male plants. Or Possibly purchasing or making even some STS to make a few S1 beans.
  4. One will start to notice the seed collection is just to small and they will start to stock up on many seeds. This will lead one to start visiting the OG Strainaholics Anonymous meetings.
  5. Of course you will need a bunch of beans and want to grow them big… I mean only 15 ft or so…

The OG Effect has many Symptoms so if you have some Symptoms of the “OG Effect” that I have missed ( I missed a bunch) please feel free to add them…

and as always…
Here is to the good times to come on the OG :call_me_hand:

13 Likes

Great genetics I’ll be sitting in the corner joint rolled popcorn :popcorn: in hand

3 Likes

It’s a sickness we have and no cure :thinking:

3 Likes

I will be getting into genetics in the next 6 months. Researching now as how I found this post. I’m gonna follow along… Good luck!

Fear the OG Effect Syndrome

GR

4 Likes

I like Humboldt seed company too.

5 Likes

It’s a definitely moist here but I’m planning to avoid the wet season, that’s when I’ll be focusing on doing some of the compact autos I have inside just to harvest. Gonna be using spring and summer for breeding seasons.

2 Likes

Mahaloz Maddawg!! I gotta be discreet rn but once I can let that OG effect rip it’ll be full effect forsure

2 Likes

dude, it’s no JOKE @Maddawg! i actually realized last night that i am afflicted right now with the dreaded “OG Effect”.

you know i’ve got that poll going on my grow journal for what fourth strain to pop as part of my third set of seeds, and then i start calculating things in my head and trying to figure out schedules of my plants and i realize that i’m gonna be popping toooo many seeds if i do it right now. wth?!

obviously i’m not gonna NOT pop those seeds, but i just need to add maybe two weeks before i start my third set of seeds. that might give me enough time between my plant groupings to finish my first set of ladies who will be wrapping up with harvest, and then i can slip both new sets of seeds into my main tent… .anyways, not that important with the details, but yea…

it’s effing contagious, man.

3 Likes

Welcome to OG @Sodapop ! Great to have you on board brother, your idea sounds fantastic :+1: I haven’t grown any of the banana strains but I’ve read some good things, will be great to see what you conjure up! Peace brother :v:

1 Like

I’m gonna be asking the community soon on the process I’m planning to make it happen! So hopefully I can pick some good info up before I launch into it.

2 Likes

That sounds like a great plan mate, there’s a heap of knowledge in this crew so definitely ask Away there’s always someone happy to spread the knowledge learnt, I do alot of reading here it’s endless :grinning: which is great as I love learning as much as I can about our favourite plant 🪴

2 Likes