Going2fast does autoflowers

Sweet!!! Scored a pack. Incidentally they have a few left but going fast.
https://terpyseeds.com/product/rocbud-inc-auto-purple-bastard-eater-f9/

6 Likes

This is the ultimate in stealth. My bastards have hardly any smell until the last two weeks then got a pineapple smell but no dank whatsoever. After cure it smells like Twinkies. Awesome buzz. Sativa but not overwhelming.

15 Likes

Ding ding!
That’s a winner! :+1: :partying_face:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Took down grape slurry yesterday. Beautiful plant. Greasy as hell but leaf to bud ratio was not to my liking. Not going to be fun to trim but looks to be :fire:. Only blueberry slushy is left. She’s got another week.
And a shot of my last razzberry runtz being reversed ( hopefully). IMG_20230607_181836219|375x500

9 Likes

Hey bud! Here’s your Scarlet Grapes making S1’s and just starting to drop pollen. I got another one about 20 days behind her waiting to be pollinated. So, are we calling these F2’s?
I meen technically it is the the second filial generation because I’m crossing two F1’s, right? Or is this thought of differently with reversals?
I also am not being selective with that specific phenotype that we both love, but it’d sure be cool if these were both scarlett dominant. Sorry for all the questions broham! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oh another note, idk if the EFOG is taking to the reversal. She’s behind the SG now because I kept killing seedlings, lol. :frowning:
I hope I’ll have a bunch of seeds to send ya in the coming months.

6 Likes

Yes they would be f2 since it’s bros and sisters or sisters and sisters haha self pollenation would be s1 so if the selfed plant pollenated itself again in the next generation it would be s2

3 Likes

Now I’m confused, lol.
So like if you grew out an S1 seed and reversed that for self pollination…those are S2?

2 Likes

Exactly! Cuz your carrying on a selfed generation by selfing again

1 Like

What would be the point of this?
Just when you don’t have another seed to carry on a filial generation?

Really honing in and locking in traits. Take 50 seeds from a selfed plant and u may still see some variation but selfing the desirable to s2 and your gonna start getting more uniform plants looking like the selfed. Just a faster way of creating a uniform male free ibl that doesn’t take working to an f5-f7 cuz ur rolling the dice over and over with the same genetics vs getting genetic diversity from a male

5 Likes

Ohhhh, I c I c.
Thanks bud! :smiley:

1 Like

Of course!

Down side is it’s possible to lock in undesirable traits like herm that you wouldn’t want to continue on the genetics but either a backcross to correct it or start over from earlier generation before undesirable appeared

Back cross an S2, howso?
Sorry I’m so ignorant to the breeding topic, lol.

So say u got ur fav plant and s1 it and grew some out and found one with really vigorous growth with great branching so you decided to reverse that and self it and now have a handful of s2 seeds. So you decided to grow em out and found most were herming on you but the plant structure was worth keeping.
You go dig through your seed stash and pull out ur s1 seeds off your first reversal and start some of the s2 and you look for the great traits you found in the first s1 and cross those together.

What your hoping to do is bleed back out the herm trait but continue in the " vigorous and great branching" were chasing in this scenario

Those resulting seeds from s1 x s2 is gonna now be labeled as bx1

Resulting could still be a crapshoot still with herms or u got rid of the trait and strengthened the traits appearing in what you were chasing. Can take two directions if herms show up again, can either ditch the project and start over from s1 or can cross the bx1 with the s1 again making a bx2 and rolling the dice again

If you weren’t confused before I’m sure u are now hahaha

3 Likes

Surprisingly not.
Though I did have to read it three times. :rofl:

3 Likes

Another thing to consider is when we’re getting seeds from places like mephisto that are Fem seeds, it’s possible they are from a selfed plant when not advertised as a cross and already an s1 then u get guys like us that want seeds of our fav strain go and reverse and self pollinate one and were prob making more s2 in this community that were aware of…

1 Like

I’ve often wondered about this myself.

1 Like

Def makes me wonder cuz I’m sure as seed companies they wanna keep peoples fav strains in stock how many times have they reversed over and over keeping em on the shelves or did they grow a handful out, reverse a few and open pollenate a room of em which would be the difference of s? Or f?

1 Like

Ok, for all you gurus…
Well, I’ve now got several open sacks releasing pollen. I’ve given the SG # 2 a couple of good “love rubs” against the reversal(hehe), and will continue to do that.
But, what about attempting to collect pollen? How do y’all do it?

3 Likes

@DougDawson would be the man to ask on that.

From my understand he beats his plants and there’s some serious abuse that happens but he gets that sploosh out of em

4 Likes