Troubles cloning lvtk

Not really sure where to put this, so basic grow sounds good. Having a bear of a time taking clones off my LVTK. Using my homemade cloner that I have a good success rate with typically and she will not root. Also went the root riot route and still, no such luck. Any suggestions or people who have had successful experience with cloning her, all advice is welcomed

5 Likes

Some plants just don’t root easily. Not sure why. Do you have more seeds where it came from? Sometimes, another plant from the same group will easily root.

Check this guys thread out. Lots of stuff, but a serious cloning master.

99%

4 Likes

Thank you will definitely check it out! Yes, have another pk I believe, that really isn’t the issue.

What kinda cloner? Aero, bubble, does it have a dome, is it heated, do you use rooting hormones? Do you have pics? Are the stems rotting?

5 Likes

Would be a bubble cloner, no dome as the humidity stays high. Temps stay around 90f. No, I don’t use rooting hormones. As stated I typically have no issues with cloning and ran a second setup with a different plant and no issues.

1 Like

Not that I’m a cloning guru but 90 seems a little high any chance you can drop temp to 80ish? Do you reduce leaf surface area by trimming back tips by chance?

1 Like

Some plants just take a long time to root. I have some Skywalker OG clones that are at three weeks in the aero cloner. Most stuff goes in 7-10 days. Perhaps it would root with a different method? Soil, perlite, rooter plugs?

2 Likes

Thanks reiko. Perhaps a bit impatient. Have one in a rooter plug also just trying a different method.

1 Like

Have some roots on the riot roots guess a different method was key. HOWEVER, still no stem rot on the original and looks healthy so not giving up on her yet :punch:

2 Likes

Good, did the same to the Skwlywalker OG. I put them in RR with a dome and heat mat. Still alive…

1 Like

A dime? I’m lost (doesn’t take much anymore tho)

Sorry, a dome. Autocorrect

1 Like

I take cuttings scrape the bottom of any barky stuff and stick them quite deep into the soil of a vegging plant/s and just leave it/them til they root and my success rate is over 95% …
I have a couple of propagaters but don’t use em. I find most cuttings develope roots after about 2 weeks ( i sometimes dip tips in clonex but mostly not.) - just a bamboo skewer to make a hole , and in the cuttings go …
Works well for me. - ( just thought I’d share )…
Happy growing/smoking ,

Gaz

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing! Much appreciated

1 Like