Good Trichome Microscope

I’m going to go out on a limb here and order the 18$ over the 40$ one if it’s wonky I can alway return it.It’s the same make I’m not paying double if it’s the same I even found a foldable Mic stand for 16$ on there so I get a digital wireless Microscope and a mic stand for 7 bucks cheaper than the same Microscope by itself.Going to go ahead and order these if somethings up with the scope I’ll let everyone know so they No to stay away from it .If it’s good I’ll let y’all know

3 Likes

Here’s the one I have:

You can see some shots here:

NOTE:
You need to rig up a stand, I built mine to fit a camera tripod but it has been suggested that a microphone stand is the way to go.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Well I’m pretty sure this Scope is the same as the other 8 leds and it does what I need to.I tested it standalone on my table mic stand comes on Thursday but I suspect it will be way better in light of tent.Figured out why the smoke I buy in between harvests gets me high for an hour.Little to no tricomes in these buds.I can’t wait till my shit is done last batch blew this shit out of the water.Not a bad scope for 18 bucks beats 40 screw that

I’ve been using this one for years and years. No way to take pics with it, but it’s great for doing quick checks for trichs and bugs while the plants are under the lights. I have the 30x. I tried the 100x and it was pretty useless, but this works great for me. https://www.amazon.com/SE-MW10084-LED-Illuminated-Pocket-Microscope/dp/B000OVHVVQ/ref=asc_df_B000OVHVVQ/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309872231410&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14004935721272157901&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9006371&hvtargid=pla-435650734245&psc=1

1 Like

Those are good. …It takes a little adjustment as you have to move backwards to normal because the image is inverted.
…I have one of those, bought it from Radio Shack (Canada) long before they went out of business…
The bulb finally went on it and I haven’t got off my lazy ass to hunt one down. :laughing: :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

The bulb went in mine a long time ago, but I don’t need it when checking with the plants under the grow lights. It’s a handy little tool to have in the grow room.

1 Like

With the Mic Stand this thing is not bad.For 18$ not too bad has 680 720 and 1080 p resolution settings it’s on 720 in this pic.Tricomes of a 60 day flower Skunk that’s on day 35 of flower.From what I’m seeing color correlation to what I’m looking for this looks right on track.18$ microscope and a 16$ mic stand 34$ investment that’s already paying for itself the minute I snapped that scope in that Mic bracket.@BigMike55 thank you Sir for that idea with that mic stand you are a Lifesaver.I don’t have any Lifesaver right now but I do have some Sour Bluetooth.When I do my run I will have some beans set aside just for you.

2 Likes

If you have a light adjustment on yours, I find it helps a bit to turn the light intensity down a bit. Don’t get as much glare that way.
Glad you got some use from my suggestion.

3 Likes

I did those in the Tent this morning when I was checking on them going to take your advice and turn it down a notch that was the one thing I didn’t think about with those trichomes like that to get a better picture.

1 Like

Yeah. The trikes will reflect a ton of light, specially if you are early in the harvest window. The trikes at that point will be like glass and reflect the shit out of light.

post a few pics if you think about it with lower light

1 Like

definitely better

1 Like

This one has the milky ones starting to come in I’m at what looks like 45 percent milky to clear not a single amber yet.I’m 24 days and a wake up away from chop time.I think that looks about right .I’m going to go for a 15 percent amber 85 percent milky if I can

1 Like

Yes you can really see the difference between the clear and cloudy. In my eye the clear looks like glass and the cloudy looks more like plastic. You probably have about a week or better before you see what you want.

1 Like

Hoping I can go at least 2 more weeks but now I have this scope and it’s so damn easy I don’t think I’ll mind it at all.Way easier to keep an eye on things now .So much easier that one of those folding loupes but today I just found out those loupes are great for spot checking for preflowers on plants got my whole side tent done and I know what I have.Big relief almost all females this go.I’m thinking Clark was on to something with that germing temp

1 Like

Are those microscopes any good for outdoors? Using a loupe currently but wouldn’t mind something better.

1 Like

I could imagine as long as it’s not too windy and you can have the specimen your looking at to be still I don’t see why not.I’d do it at more low light conditions and lower light setting like @BigMike55 recommended to me. If you can get a Mic stand worth every penny of 16$ it cost screw that struggle to get a good shot anymore this thing makes that shit obsolete.Use your loupe does checking for preflower use this set up to check your Trichomes way easier

3 Likes

Great, thanks for answering. Think I’ll give one a try.

1 Like