Gramps Out Door Garden

may your veggies and fruit be plentiful!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I’m gonna miss your garden this year. I hope the veggies do you right. It’s hard to not grow anything. We’ll be here and hopefully taking up some slack. With the winds this last month, I’m really worried about fire danger. Yesterday was blowing 40-60 with higher gusts. We were fully smoked in from fires to the south of us. Thankfully the wind shifted direction today and not as strong. We actually have some moisture this weekend. getting a mix of snow/rain. It was upper 80’s yesterday.

2 Likes

Bummer but you know your area best…Grow Them Veggies Big!
Have a great time!

2 Likes

It’s going to be another bad fire season I have free grazing for the ranch up the road. They’re hauling some cows over to do my mowing .

11 Likes

Think we’re gonna be in the same shape even with the huge amount of snow we got this winter it just melted and soaked into the ground.

4 Likes

My healthcare if through the VA. They told me I needed two diff pneumonia shots, so that’s what I got.
Didn’t pay attention to the names.

Lob

4 Likes

Respect Master!!!

1 Like

We had a volunteer popup in one of the big bags my wife transplanted it to another big bag. Banana mango maybe but Technically I’m still not growing lol about two feet tall.

18 Likes

Right on man, keep on keepin on :metal:

2 Likes

I got the shingles vaccine as soon as it was available, I have had shingles three times, it is horrible, I has one episode where it was on the inside of my thigh next to my man stuff, very non stop painful

7 Likes

Were you able to escape the fires this season? I was just reading my post to you in April and I had already forgotten all of the fires we had nearby in spring.

Fast forward and we got rain every afternoon almost starting in August. It rained again the last two days and is still in the afternoon forecasts for the foreseeable future… I sure hope so. Plants love it. Super hot early and cool and moist in the afternoon evenings.

Half of my outdoor plants are volunteers this year, ha. I had a seedfest last year with mold, fungus, you name it. I lost the whole harvest except for all of the seeds I can shuck.

This year all of the volunteers came out female so I’m swamped. Luckily the rain has helped me immensely and all have exploded. I really don’t feed the volunteers much. The rain has accelerated them all.

Hope your fall is nice and fire free! peace

7 Likes

Were still in the fire season bone dry drought conditions I can see smoke from small fires almost daily. I’m on a ridge top so long-distance view. The one volunteer in the garden is doing good about 7 feet and budding. I’m taking care of it so technically growing again purely organic no pot chemicals lol. I wasn’t going to grow at all I still have totes full of bud from last season, but my neighbors are growing so what the hell.

15 Likes

Our volunteer mystery plant is forming some nice colas took a photo before the smoke returns. Fires are bigger and closer hard to get restful sleep with smoke smell all night. Evacuation warning infect for days now.

30 Likes

Glad to see you’re still doing your thing out there! Even it is just one tree this year :wink:

Hope the fires stay away from ya and you get into this cooler fall weather soon! Mystery girl is lookin pretty frosty already :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

stay safe dealing with the same here :peace_symbol:

5 Likes

Stay safe out there!

Nice looking plant too. Hope the fires stay away.

5 Likes

Mystery plant smells like citrus melon did some leafing today to improve air circulation. Also, bug hunting no problems so far, no aphids no worms last storm beat it up a little had to tape a few branches. Lower half of each bud is 25 percent amber top half is still crystal to milky. I might harvest this week only one plant no use taking chances on bud rot or thieves. I’m building a metal wall between me and my neighbor’s I can’t take it anymore that place is cursed about 8 feet tall and hundreds of feet long.

PA011240

25 Likes

got some nice flowers brother sorry about the neighbor’s man that sucks :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :peace_symbol:

I pulled the mystery plant a week ago I have it hanging I tried a couple of hits on the pipe not much taste real mild gets you loaded but not stoned might change a little with cure. Nothing special at this moment but this was unplanned lol.

14 Likes

I’m sure it will cure up nice @gramps :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :peace_symbol: