Grateful Dead/JGB Tape Traders Forum

it is hard to find one I dont like, but yeah, jerry got some pipes on this one! nice find @CrunchBerries!

7 Likes

JGB hitting the high notes this night

5 Likes
5 Likes

oh ya, :wink:

6 Likes

Better late than neverā€¦
This show is getting released on vinyl this coming RSD.

6 Likes

15 year old me was super happy on this day! The next night would change my trajectory forever! Enjoy!

5 Likes

50 years ago today. Crispy critters for sure :mushroom:

6 Likes

30 years ago today.

5 Likes

Happy thanksgiving you beautiful people!

7 Likes

Itā€™s a good day to be grateful!

First European performance (not Hollywood Bowl as labeled, but Hollywood music festival at Newcastle-upon-Tyne). Music doesnā€™t start until the 3 minute mark.

8 Likes

ah, my first show was at the Cap Center - Sept 3, 1988 ten years later.

7 Likes

always liked the dead but was never a dead head . went to a show in agusta maine in like the early 80s. smoked a shit load of weed got comfortable a in my seat last thing i heard was a gong at least i think it was a gong. lol next thing was getting woken up time to leaveā€¦ guess i had a good time :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

7 Likes

Happy thanksgiving family! Enjoy!

6 Likes

Happy Sunday!

Dailydead shared a post on Instagram: "Although only played 3 times (3/26/88, 4/5/91, 3/22/91) by the Grateful Dead. 
Stir it up was played a total of 33 times by The Jerry Garcia Band. In just a two year span from July 1976- December 1977....

Well damnit, doesnā€™t like IG links I guessā€¦
Jerry playing Stir It Up

6 Likes

My wife picked me up an early Christmas present during RSD.

7 Likes

Iā€™ve been listening to the Complete Europe '72 release for the second time through, and I think my three favorite shows are Wigan, Hamburg and Amsterdam. As it turns out, my favorite cover art is also one of my favorite shows, Hamburg.

Sadly, Iā€™m not sure yet how to link music to the forum. Iā€™m confident Iā€™ll figure it out.

5 Likes

Welcome @mota most times I link from YouTube in my browser, not the app when sharing music.

1 Like

Sadly, Iā€™m pretty much computer illiterate, particularly when it comes to the internet.

Does that mean you simply grab the address from YouTube and plug it into the reply box?

Thank you in advance for helping me with this!

2 Likes

It sure does! No problemo homie!

2 Likes

I picked up the Madison Square Gardens, In and Out of the Garden, in Sept. Thereā€™s some bright points i the 17 disc series but Iā€™m really not impressed with the sound quality/mixing/etc. In one of the shows everything is so uptempo, Bobby has trouble keeping up with singing the lyrics. Cocaine is a terrible drug. I know Iā€™ve been complaining about how everything Dead and Company drags so slowly, but that fast show is ridiculous. The Shakedown Street is all keyboards drowning out the vocals and guitars. makes me sad. anyone else get this set?

3 Likes