Grateful Dead/JGB Tape Traders Forum

I have to say this video is pretty fucking cool!! Never seen the whole thing, just excerpts from the last Dead doc.

4 Likes

Fast forward a couple years

5 Likes

Jerry’s only solo performance

6 Likes

Love that show, also another gem and favorite of mine is about a month later, in early may of '82.

Every time I listen to this one, I think to myself, what lucky prisoners! I doubt anything like that would ever happen again especially these days…

4 Likes

Always been one of my favorites! Thanks for sharing! I wonder were in Oregon the State Prison was/is?

3 Likes

@CrunchBerries Oregon State Penitentiary: Salem, Oregon

Love the tunes, dudes!

☆DJSF

3 Likes

I was thinking about the 02/70 shows the other day. Little early, but what the hell

7 Likes

Bring it, I’ve been jamming the Allman’s lately too!

6 Likes

check out the 18:00 mark, a naked beauty flies across the room and lands on Clint Eastwood!! I forget what movie that is tho

3 Likes

Fillmore was just a bit early for me, but if i was of age, I’d a been there.

1 Like

Nice! The Doors were my favorite live band, although I never saw them as late as '68. They were so great every time I saw them, maybe 2 dozen or more times. Being a teen and living in L.A. was quite the opportunity for the young stoner.

My favorite head shop. You could just walk into the enormous back room where there was a continuous light show until 3AM! I fucking loved hanging out there. smizzoke|nullxnull

5 Likes

Good times, thanks for sharing your memories.

Oh the stories about the Janis Jimi and Jim shows were epic, but no one ever remembered what happened.

My old boss way back was famous for parking in the bushes and sleeping on the lawn after one of those Fillmore fookfests :rofl:

2 Likes

Worth a watch. I think we can all take a step back and look at ourselves from time to time.
Take things with a grain of salt and not let our sensitive parts get hurt.

Good Vibes Y’all :pray:

4 Likes
6 Likes
7 Likes
5 Likes

I only look to men in Jean Jackets for 2 things, Drugs & directions to the bathroom at festivals. Everything else they provide is suspect :laughing: #toxic

(Just kidding btw)

3 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes

JGB on my Saturday afternoon.

I’ve been collecting all the GarciaLive albums I can find.

This one is a gem, it’s much later in Jerry’s Life, it’s on Halloween of 1992, and I’ve heard many people say the later years were all bad, but even amongst his struggles with addiction, there were always some points in every different era of the Grateful Dead and also Jerry Garcia Band that shined brightly through any negativity.

I keep hearing so many people say JGB is too soft for them, and I definitely can understand listening to more in your face bands or genres when the mood calls for it, but I could never in my life could even partially discredit Jerry’s musicianship and talent. I definitely will say Jerry was always my biggest influence on guitar.

This song is great, whether you’re talking about the excellent versions that Jerry has done, or even the original track by The Manhattans done in 1980 I believe. It was played 50+ times between 1991-1995 by JGB.

Anyway, enough rambling. Here it is!

Enjoy!

5 Likes